Page 106 of 262 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    The Lazarus Effect.
    I really want to see that. Looks fun.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I really want to see that. Looks fun.
    Go for it. Have a good time.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    When the rumours came up that this Fantastic Four film plays out like a horror film, I was finally excited.

I feel like these fresh, off kilter looks at familiar characters are going to be seen more and more as we go on. We've seen so (too) many of the standard superhero formula stories, and the "lets make it dark and gritty and real!" thing is hella played out as well.

I still consider Ang Lee's Hulk to be one of the best superhero films ever.

The Wolverine was bloody fantastic as a low key crime film, until in the last 15 minutes they remembered that they had $100 million they needed to burn..."let's throw in a giant robot!"

A Fantastic Four horror film? Heck yeah.
    Same here. Once Trank started likening his approach to Cronenberg, I got excited. And I thought he did a fine job of grounding a superhero film and keeping it distinct with Chronicle.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Same here. Once Trank started likening his approach to Cronenberg, I got excited. And I thought he did a fine job of grounding a superhero film and keeping it distinct with Chronicle.
    For me, it all comes down to the fight scenes and Doctor Doom at this point.

And considering the direction they're taking him, I can't help but be cynical.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Drew Goddard bounces back from his Sinister Six movie getting killed and is now writing and directing the Spider-Man reboot.

*clap*
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Approved.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The report basically says he's just moving his SS script into a Spider-man script.

"According to the report, Goddard’s film will share some DNA with the movie he was doing. It’ll feature a high school aged Spider-Man, already comfortable in the role, dealing with the formation of the Sinister Six. "

Tentative titled: The Spectacular Spider-Man

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Drew Goddard bounces back from his Sinister Six movie getting killed and is now writing and directing the Spider-Man reboot.

*clap*
    Truly the best news to come out of all this. Now they just need to go with a non-white Spidey!

For a guy as talented as Goddard to have had so many projects shelved over the years (You can still make Robopocalypse, Spielberg!), and considering he left running Netflix's Daredevil for the now-in-purgatory Sinister Six, I'm so happy that he finally gets to do this after all the seemingly unfortunate dissolutions that have come for those post-Cabin In The Woods projects of his.

I just hope considering how creatively dominating Marvel Studios and Sony have been in the past that their arguments somehow cancel each other out and they don't let his voice get muffled or neuter his ambition or they simply trust the character they have and the writer/director they've built this relationship with over time. (Beyond the brief Sony-Spidey "braintrust" years, Goddard was also one of Whedon's friends who helped do uncredited polishes on the first Avengers.)
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    RDJ is promising some sort of huge announcement in 8 days.
    Here it is:

Movie Theater Diary

But good opportunity for charity.

Tons of new footage. Beware of trailer. I couldn't help myself.

What in the hell is with the fluctuating bars at top and bottom? Horribly distracting. Other than that, great trailer.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    What in the hell is with the fluctuating bars at top and bottom? Horribly distracting. Other than that, great trailer.
    Ok, it wasn't just me. It looks like they somehow (accidentally, otherwise what the fuck) implemented that image stabilization people use to smooth out shaky phone videos on YouTube. Within 20 seconds of befuddlement I gave up and switched to the UK upload of it.

WATCH THIS ONE, PEOPLE:

Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I have the feeling that Vision will be in this one what Hulk was in the last - total fan favorite character, and people will be begging for more in the next one.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Ok, it wasn't just me. It looks like they somehow (accidentally, otherwise what the fuck) implemented that image stabilization people use to smooth out shaky phone videos on YouTube.
    And that was the official Marvel youtube page. Hey Marvel, I'm available to run your page. I've only been banned once. Call me.

Good luck.

Movie Theater Diary

"Do you HATE your ass? Come to our 24-hour movie marathon!!"
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Its more than 24

I would be game for this type of marathon, but not in theater. At home you can skip end credits and jump right to next flick.

Yeah, it's 29 hours total.
    Movie Theater Diary

Yeah, it's 29 hours total.
    This is the worst pitch ever, guys!

Hour 2
    THIS IS GREAT! I LOVE MARVEL!!

Hour 5
    I think I may have made a mistake. My lower back and seat are numb, but I'll stick it out! MARVEL!!!

Hour 9
    Marvel ...

Hour 12
    I asked to leave, but they won't open the doors. Then they gave me a big bag of popcorn and told me to "shut up and watch your damn movies." I'm a little scared and tired now. There's no place to sleep.

Hour 17
    Some sanity is beginning to slip. A man in the balcony loudly proclaimed he was Aquaman, dumped Diet Sprite on himself and leapt to his death. Only 14 more hours to go ... I can do this!

Hour 20
    The popcorn is too salty. I can't stop crying.

Hour 25
    I've been stranded here for more than a day. Water and toiletry supplies are running low, but there's always more popcorn. It scratches my throat. But Robert Downy Jr. is in the flower chair next to me, so all will be golashes.

Hour 28
    Can't concentrate on the film I came here to see. ONE MORE HOUR. ONE MORE HOUR. ONE MORE HOUR. ONE MORE HOUR.ONE MORE HOUR.ONE MORE HOURONEMOREOUR

Hour 29
    They announced an encore showing of Iron Man 2. If anybody finds these notes, please help. We're so desperate. Please, please please help!!

And, in what I consider the weirdest part, it doesn't begin until 7pm (at least at the venues around me I've looked at). Why so late? I would think starting at noon would be better so you can catch some shut eye during Iron Man 2 and 3 in the middle of the night.

And, in what I consider the weirdest part, it doesn't begin until 7pm (at least at the venues around me I've looked at). Why so late? I would think starting at noon would be better so you can catch some shut eye during Iron Man 2 and 3 in the middle of the night.
    Prolly so people can go after work and only take the next day off instead of two.

I went to a marathon of the Lord of the Rings extended editions a couple years back and it got old. They're some of my favorite movies and I've done the marathon 2-3 times at home and thoroughly enjoyed the day, but in the theater it's just too much.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Because it ends with Age of Ultron and they have to make it the same time as its regular release. They just worked backwards for the start time.
    Movie Theater Diary

Having The Incredible Hulk in there just seems really really out of place in that marathon.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft