Page 104 of 262 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Fox is reporting that the Fantastic Four trailer is their most viewed trailer ever. In history.

That seems really weird.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Is it? I think it has to do with them holding back all promotional stuff from it, so people were curious. All the other blockbuster movies, everyone knew what they would look like before their trailers hit, from magazine covers or publicity stills.

For FF, the trailer was the first look. People didn't even know what the costumes look like and had to look at the trailer to find out.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

It just seems so random a movie to have that status. FF don't have near the fan base that X-Men have.

Honestly I would have thought something like The Phantom Menace would have taken the "most viewed" prize.

I think their metric for the record is just online video hits. Online video was not a thing in 1999.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh shit. Spider-Man is with Marvel now. Sony will continue to make the solo films but it will be in cooperation with Marvel, and will be part of the MCU continuity.

Marvel also announced that Spidey will have his first appearance in an upcoming phase 3 film before having a new solo film in 2017.

The deal between Sony and Marvel also states that MCU characters can be incorporated into the Sony Spider-Man films, and other Spidey universe characters can appear in MCU films.

I definitely do NOT see Fox following suit.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    So Garfield is out, the character will appear in some capacity in Civil War (though likely just in costume without a new actor since they start filming it so soon), he'll surely be in Infinity War and the new Spider-Man movie will take Ragnarok's place of July 28th, 2017 on Marvel's slate and bump all the films one placement forward on the subsequent Phase 3 release dates, with the two Avengers films staying put. Sony is apparently delaying, re-evaluating, but continuing to develop Sinister Six, which means if it ever happens it won't be in the current incarnation with Drew Goddard that I actually cared about.

Basically, everything I feared here:

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Also I just really want to see Sinister Six happen before any potential Marvel Studios turnover / reboot so that Goddard gets to have something new scripted and directed on screen, Garfield gets one final go with the character (assuming they still planned to work him in more that TASM3 was delayed to 2018, when the rumoured Infinity War debut would now occur), and all of the clunky seed-planting for it in TASM2 won't just hang there unresolved for eternity. As a finale to everything in the Webb umbrella, paying off a film that definitely doesn't work on its own could at least give it all some future worth.
    I feel like it would've been a perfect, enticing opportunity for Sony to plow ahead with Sinister Six, allowed Garfield's Parker to parish, and then use that ending to inspire the birth of the new Spidey (Miles Morales, perhaps?) to mark the MCU integration.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Yeh I'm not sure why they need to delay these films unless they're going to re-write all the premises?

So Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Inhumans all delayed.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

They got moved because the new Spidey reboot is being released on the former date Thor: Ragnarok was going to be released. They don't want to fuck each other over, so Marvel moved it to the next release date they have slated, which is Black Panther's release date, and moved Black Panther to Captain Marvel's, and so on. They're sticking to their carefully planned release schedule.

Ok that makes sense. I wouldn't mind 3 Marvel movies a year though. 4 months apart. That'd be niiiiice.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Rumor has it marvel is talking to Angelina Jolie on directing Captain Marvel

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I definitely do NOT see Fox following suit.
    Me neither, honestly. The pitch must've been, "Look at how we're raking in money hand over fist, Fox. You want to play, too?"
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Did you guys mean to say "do not see Fox not following suit"?
    Movie Theater Diary

Gyaah, I'm constantly mixing up which studio owns the rights to what. Ignore my previous post, as I was replying to a statement Meg did not make.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I would love for someone to put an infographic together showing the actual PROFITS of these movies; Tickets, DVD sales, merch...

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I would love for someone to put an infographic together showing the actual PROFITS of these movies; Tickets, DVD sales, merch...
    That would require studios and distributors ever divulging such things, which they would neevvver do.

Reminds me of the shitstorm that came after the WB documents leaks that revealed one of the later Harry Potter movies lost money because of how many back-end percentage deals they cut.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Did you guys mean to say "do not see Fox not following suit"?

No. X-Men is Fox's big money maker. There's no way they're going to give that franchise up, no matter the parameters of the deal.

Spider-Man has proven troublesome to Sony twice in less than 10 years. They were in a position where they would have been stupid not to work with Marvel.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    No. X-Men is Fox's big money maker. There's no way they're going to give that franchise up, no matter the parameters of the deal.

Spider-Man has proven troublesome to Sony twice in less than 10 years. They were in a position where they would have been stupid not to work with Marvel.
    If the Fantastic Four movie turns out to be terrible, do you think Fox would give that up? The last two movies weren't that great, either.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Matthew Vaughn and Michael Bay are names being thrown around for the new Spider-Man film.

I guess it's doomed already.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Throwing around names means absolutely nothing. It's like how all over the internet people are listing pretty much every working comedian as being in the running for the Daily Show now that John Stewart is leaving. It's a way of getting people to their sites.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Yeah, studios have to do their jurisprudence and basically go down the list of most profitable directors and actors. That's why you get the stories or trivia about actors "considered" for a role. Doesn't mean a damn thing.

I agree that Fox won't allow the rights to go back to Marvel for $0, which is how much Marvel paid for Spider-man, but I can definitely see them exchanging some kind of deal to follow suit.

Eh, we'll see. Days of Future Past did too well for them to consider it anytime soon, Deadpool is gaining traction finally, and if they give up Fantastic Four they'll have to give up on their dream of having their own universe.
    Movie Theater Diary

Honestly I think any studio that owns Marvel properties and DOESN'T make a deal with Marvel is pretty stupid at this point, and there is no rationale for it other than sheer stubbornness.

The amount of potential $$ for all involved is just insane. If Hugh Jackman's Wolverine were to cross paths with Hulk for instance, both Fox and Marvel could pretty much start printing their own money.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Yeah, studios have to do their jurisprudence and basically go down the list of most profitable directors and actors. That's why you get the stories or trivia about actors "considered" for a role. Doesn't mean a damn thing.

I still want the Michael Bay Batman movie.

*Bruce Wayne is putting on the Batsuit to AC/DC's "Back in Black"*
    *Vicki Vale walks in. She has big tits, but she wears glasses so you know she's smart.*

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Days of Future Past did too well for them to consider it anytime soon,
    But how do we know that?

TASM2 made 202 mil dom, 506 mil int
    DoFP made 233 mil dom, 514 mil int

Similar numbers here.