Page 249 of 262 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    What movie teases the arrival of Fantastic Four? Or will it be through a TV show?
    Multiverse of Madness.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

What's most interesting in Phase 4 is there are barely any writers from previous films returning. They are all new minus Gunn.

Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely wrote six films between Phase 1 and Phase 3.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Not gonna lie. Really enjoyed that opening.

Can't be worse than the first movie.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quite enjoyed the first movie.

Regardless of what you think of the movies, can we take a moment to marvel [hic] at how interesting it is that Hardy plays two of the biggest villains in both MCU and DC? And I don't feel shades of either performance feel similar or repeated. I think that's neat. (Yes okay Brock is anti-hero, but he's also very much a Spider-Man villain.)

Well at least they don't seem to be taking this too serious. (like they did the first movie)

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Quite enjoyed the first movie.

Regardless of what you think of the movies, can we take a moment to marvel [hic] at how interesting it is that Hardy plays two of the biggest villains in both MCU and DC? And I don't feel shades of either performance feel similar or repeated. I think that's neat. (Yes okay Brock is anti-hero, but he's also very much a Spider-Man villain.)
    I think it's even more interesting that he has cornered the market on characters who are barely intelligible when they speak.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    I think it's even more interesting that he has cornered the market on characters who are barely intelligible when they speak.
    You are not wrong! And yet I can't wait to see his next performance.

Hahah agreed.

I liked Venom too. I think it was a nice throwback to '90s superhero movies where character development had a bigger role in the story.

Venom had character development?

The lighting is constantly so low in that trailer I found it difficult to tell if I was looking at Venom or Carnage.

Sure hope the whole movie isn't like that.

Venom had character development?
    Yeah, man! It takes like forty minutes for him to go full Venom. Any modern blockbuster would be afraid to lose the audience and rush the special effects extravaganza in that time.

I'm obviously not claiming it's Taxi Driver either.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 05-10-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Venom is down there with Suicide Squad as one of the worst mainstream blockbusters of the last 20 years. It is complete and utter shit. This trailer looks like more of the same.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Daredevil? Fantastic Four (x2)? Josstice League? Catwoman? Elektra? Batman & Robin?

Hardy is sexy in Venom.

Edit: .... He is sexy in everything
    Last edited by kuehnepips; 05-11-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Venom is down there with Suicide Squad as one of the worst mainstream blockbusters of the last 20 years. It is complete and utter shit. This trailer looks like more of the same.
    Huh, no. Suicide Squad is "barely coherent" bad. There's not a passable moment in all of it.

The fishbowl scene in Venom alone already makes it better.

Cheers, kuehnepips.

Catwoman was definitely worse than Venom. But they were both bad in a similar kind of way. Venom just had some bursts of fun now and then that Catwoman never possessed.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Am I alone in thinking it sounds like Hardy is doing some weird kind of Arnold Schwarzenegger impression with the Venom voice in this one?

It is still Hardy doing the voice, right?

I'm the king of lists, but even I don't have a list that ranks Daredevil. Fantastic Four. Catwoman. Elektra. Batman & Robin and Venom.

Daredevil? Fantastic Four (x2)? Josstice League? Catwoman? Elektra? Batman & Robin?
    Why would I watch any of those?

[Actually, I have seen Justice League and Batman/Robin, and they are both shit, but not as shit as Venom and SS. But the latter is older than 20 years, so it doesn't count anyway ]
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Why would I watch any of those?

[Actually, I have seen Justice League and Batman/Robin, and they are both shit, but not as shit as Venom and SS. But the latter is older than 20 years, so it doesn't count anyway ]
    Well...if we're making lists of the worst comic book movies...you have to see the worst! (I knew you would bust me on the dates lol, I couldn't remember what year B&R came out (its still way worse than Venom .))

Well...if we're making lists of the worst comic book movies...you have to see the worst! (I knew you would bust me on the dates lol, I couldn't remember what year B&R came out (its still way worse than Venom .))
    '97, the same year as Steel & Spawn, aka the absolute nadir of Hollywood Superhero movies; thank God that Blade came out the following year to start reversing the trend, eh?

Quote Quoting StuSmallz (view post)
    '97, the same year as Steel & Spawn, aka the absolute nadir of Hollywood Superhero movies; thank God that Blade came out the following year to start reversing the trend, eh?
    Yeah no shit. Wasn't Spawn one of those that got taken away from the director, cut a ton, and reworked by producers? Its not a good film but Michael Jai White was a perfect casting and John Leguizamo slayed his role.

It's so odd, Florence Pugh is like the exact opposite of "my type", but I find her incredibly sexy.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wrong thread?
    My bad! Still, I don't have a good feeling about that Black Widow clip, and its weightless action; hopefully the final film will still prove me wrong...