Page 229 of 262 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,725 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

It's always been a Disney-owned studio that made R-Rated movies, but I don't think any R-rated movie starts off with the Disney logo.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

- - - - -
    Duke is obsessed with R-rated Disney. At this point, I don't think he'll be satisfied until he sees Minnie Mouse's tits.

Marvel movies don’t start with the Disney logo.

Wasn’t there already confirmation that Black Widow is rated R?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Just rumors. Keep in mind Venom was rumored to be rated R too.

BTW, i would go see Minnie Mouse's tits.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Marvel movies don’t start with the Disney logo.
    They might not display their logo before Marvel movies, but they might as well. Any IP that Disney adds to its theme parks (Marvel, LucasFilm) will be naturally associated with the overall brand. Disney knows this.

There's some clever match-cutting here.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Looks like Spidey’s officially out:

Here comes Spidey v Venom: Dawn of Just Us

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Disney: "Its ok Kevin, we have [insert deep pull Marvel character no normie ever heard of]."

*5 minutes later*

A billion dollars

I am fairly certain they will work something out. Disney overplayed their hand and Sony called them on it. They've put waaay too much into building Peter Parker as Tony's successor to just give up on the character.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Wonder what kind of contract Holland had.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

[opening credits, Venom swinging through NY, chasing thief. Thief bumps into Uncle Ben, shooting him, continues to run. Peter Parker (younger actor) holds Uncle Ben, looks up at Venom swinging away, and screams NOOOooo!]

VENOM 2

5 Years Later

Act 1

[Daytime. Spider-Man swings into his NY loft funded by gf Mary Jane (Demi Lovato). He takes of his mask revealing a 5 o'clock shadowed Ben Barnes.]

Peter: "I'll never find him, MJ!"
    MJ: "Sure you will, Tiger!"

Act 2

[Spider-Man blames Venom for a bunch of serial killer deaths. Venom claims he only kills bad guys.Spider-Man and Venom fight and argue.]

Act 3

[Spider-Man and Venom join forces to take down Carnage. Venom slips away when Spidey's back is turned. Spider-Man looks to the horizon.]

End credits.

[Mid-credits stinger. Nighttime. Camera pushes in on a dark figure's back on a rooftop, hes watching a tv in a store window across the street. J.J.J. (Gary Oldman) on tv claiming Spider-Man and Venom are both friends with Carnage, other wise who is sucking the blood of these people downtown?? Jared Leto's Morbius smiles and jumps straight up out of frame and doesn't land.]

CREDITS

[End end credits scene. Kraven the Hunter (John Cena) picks up some webbing left behind by Spider-Man. He smells it. He smiles.]

[
    ]

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Wonder what kind of contract Holland had.
    Six picture deal

I dont see this as a big deal for Disney. They may have asked for the moon but they have the track record and team to execute on it. Far From Home will be the highest grossing Sony film ever. As Skitch said, Disney has 37 other characters they can plug in and fast track if they want. It's too bad as it looks like they were trying to work something out for D23. It also would have been cool to see what the implications are during the ending of Far From Home in the MCU, but life goes on.

- - - - -
    The original Deadline headline and article are so poorly written that at first glance I thought this meant no more Spider-man. But it sounds as if Sony is confident going alone and will make more sequels now that Marvel has done the heavy work.

I'd like to know the details on the original deal, like who paid for "Homecoming" and "Far From Home." Deadline's article implied Marvel footed the bill and received little in return.

Disney can promote another obscure character and it'll be fine, I guess, but that's also how we wound up with 2 "Ant-Man" films. Feige can make anything a "success," at least by the standards of the trades, but will anybody in the audience be excited about it?

I mean, this is how mainstream Spider-man is, and has been for decades: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ml-I3QwNLY

I think this matters and it's on executive minds because name recognition ties into advertising costs, ie promoting a new character is more expensive than promoting one that's already a household name.

Wow, that's a head scratcher. I mean, say what you will about the vastness of the Marvel universe, but after Far From Home, Peter Parker was understandably set up to be a major player on Phase 3. I wonder where this leaves Watts and Holland.

Also, which studio was mainly responsible for Spider-Verse​?

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Also, which studio was mainly responsible for Spider-Verse​?
    Sony.

So all this work to make Spidey the new Iron Man / central figure of the MCU was for nothing?

This was (uncharacteristically) very poorly planned.

Peter Parker was way too young to replace Tony Stark guys. If anything they can do something with Black Panther or Shuri now as the new Tony Stark. Also, don't count out the introduction of Ironheart.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    The fact that there are fans organizing boycotts on Sony’s future film projects and clamoring for Disney to purchase their film studios just to put Spider-Man back in the MCU is equal parts idiotic, frightening and sad.

If this results in anything bad happening to Sony, Hollywood should just close up shop and start over.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Black Panther and Captain Marvel are probably the new face of MCU, at least until the new X-Men come in.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    The fact that there are fans organizing boycotts on Sony’s future film projects and clamoring for Disney to purchase their film studios just to put Spider-Man back in the MCU is equal parts idiotic, frightening and sad.

If this results in anything bad happening to Sony, Hollywood should just close up shop and start over.
    Out of everything in 2019, this surprises me the least. It's not even worth discussing.

It's also been reported (somewhere I can't find it now) that Feige had some involvement with the Venom movie and that apparently it was a train-wreck long before the final cut was made.

Oh i found it:

"When contacted by io9, a Sony representative said it’s their belief this dispute is simply over a producer credit and negotiations are ongoing. They further clarified that Feige has contributed to other Spider-centric movies that he did not receive a producer credit on."

https://io9.gizmodo.com/spider-man-w...ony-1837416155

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Peter Parker was way too young to replace Tony Stark guys.
    I think it's more about RDJ. He was a huge draw. (I'm waiting to see if my pet theory comes true: That the MCU is nothing without Downey Jr, surrounded by the original cast, and interest in these movies will drop now that he's finally exited the franchise.)

If anything they can do something with Black Panther or Shuri now as the new Tony Stark.
    Only if Ava Duvernay replaces Kevin Feige as the head of Marvel Studios.

Also, don't count out the introduction of Ironheart.
    Uh ... yeah. Who?

Ironheart is the young female Iron Man introduced in the comics a couple of years back.

And Duke - regarding Spidey’s age, I’m not saying he was going to replace Stark as the leader of the team. I’m saying it very much seemed like they were setting him up to take the Stark mantle and perhaps be the face of the overall franchise.