Page 225 of 262 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235 ... LastLast
Results 5,601 to 5,625 of 6529

Thread: The Marvel/Sony Superhero Movies Thread

- - - - -
    Somebody fill me in on the next Marvel phase?

I thought they would retire the original Avengers and make movies based on the new cast --- Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch, War Machine, that dude with the wings, etc.

Why are they making Thor 4? Was the part of the original plan?

(Bear in mind that I haven not seen "Endgame.")

I figured it'd be a Thor and the Guardians combo movie. Maybe still is.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    from what I understand Phase 4 will be more cosmic. Thor is the most bankable cosmic character they have. why WOULDN'T they make Thor 4?
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)

I thought they would retire the original Avengers and make movies based on the new cast --- Captain Marvel, Scarlett Witch, War Machine, that dude with the wings, etc.

Most of the originals are retired after Endgame. Thor was key among those who were left open for future installments, teasing a team-up with him and the GotG, and technically they could still do something with Hulk or Hawkeye if they wanted, though I would expect only supporting roles if anything. Plus there’s the Black Widow prequel movie in the works. But otherwise, Cap and Iron Man are both done done.

As of now though, all the future movies in the MCU are currently just listed as “untitled MCU movie” or something like that. We know GotG3 is also in the works, but there hasn’t been any sort of timeline for release for anything just yet. So it’s kinda all up in the air right now.
    Last edited by TGM; 07-17-2019 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I figured it'd be a Thor and the Guardians combo movie. Maybe still is.
    That’s what I would’ve also figured, but James Gunn is already confirmed to direct GotG3, so these are definitely separate movies. So unless their cross over happens in one of the two? *shrug*

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar

Nothing has been officially announced by Marvel/Disney yet other than the streaming TV shows on DIsney+

This Sat all will be revealed.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

With Endgame wrapping things up for the most part though, I don’t think I’ll be seeing EVERY Marvel movie that comes out anymore necessarily. Far From Home (which finally beat out Iron Man 2 as my least favorite MCU film to date) confirmed for me that that’s no longer necessary. I’ll see GotG3, but Taiki Waititi returning for Thor 4 instantly kills my interest for that one. The Guardians being involved in the movie is the only thing that could possibly revive my interest in that one at this point. But yeah, otherwise, it’s gonna be case by case. One thing for sure though, I will NEVER watch another MCU Spider-Man movie again. Sony needs to stop worrying about getting Venom in the MCU, and instead figure out a way to take the Spidey rights away from Marvel again and keep doing their own thing, IMO.

Yeh you're in the minority on that one. How you think Disney's control of Spider-man is a bad thing is absolutely bonkers after TASM1 & 2. What makes you think Sony could ever do better than Marvel again?

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I’ll see GotG3, but Taiki Waititi returning for Thor 4 instantly kills my interest for that one..
    Waititi's involvement means I guess I'll be watching one more Marvel movie at the theaters at least.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Nothing has been officially announced by Marvel/Disney yet other than the streaming TV shows on DIsney+

This Sat all will be revealed.
    Most of the originals are retired after Endgame. Thor was key among those who were left open for future installments, teasing a team-up with him and the GotG, and technically they could still do something with Hulk or Hawkeye if they wanted, though I would expect only supporting roles if anything. Plus there’s the Black Widow prequel movie in the works. But otherwise, Cap and Iron Man are both done done.

As of now though, all the future movies in the MCU are currently just listed as “untitled MCU movie” or something like that. We know GotG3 is also in the works, but there hasn’t been any sort of timeline for release for anything just yet. So it’s kinda all up in the air right now.
    This seems crazy. Predictions?

Yeh you're in the minority on that one. How you think Disney's control of Spider-man is a bad thing is absolutely bonkers after TASM1 & 2. What makes you think Sony could ever do better than Marvel again?
    I know I'm in the minority, but I seriously just can't stand the MCU's take on the property. Amazing Spider-Man may have been a mess (well, the second one at least), but they still had moments that I liked, which were powerful enough to stand out among the wreckage, and I was still left interested to see where the story would go. FFH meanwhile leaves me feeling like I can just quit and be done with it without missing a thing now. I don't care, because I hate what they've done with the character.

I'd be hyped for a Raimi Spider-Man 4 though, or an Amazing Spider-Man 3. Or hell, Spider-Verse, yeah, I'll take more of that. I quite enjoyed what they did with that one, too.

So:
    Black Widow
    Thor
    Guardians of the Galaxy 3
    Dr Strange 2
    Black Panther 2
    Shang-Chi
    Captain Marvel 2

Lots of cosmos as stated, so makes sense for Galactus. Maybe Marvel holds down on X-Men/Fantastic Four until after this phase to garner interest?
    As it stands, I'm like TGM in that I won't see anything "sight unseen," at this point. This even includes GoTG.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Producer
    The Amazing Spider-Man is yet another beyond-tired origin story told in the most bland, dumb way so far (and the climax of cranes swinging to line up for Spider-Man to go by almost made me groan out loud in theater), while its sequel gets even worse by becoming Michael Bay-ish schizophrenic in tones and multiple storylines.

I wish the MCU version would untangle itself from Iron Man (hopefully FFH would be the last) and have a bit more intensity of heart like the Raimi films (and a more capable director in term of bigger scale and action than Watts, even though he's really, really good in the Peter Parker/teenage side of thing), but they're league better than Webb's. Also Holland is the best live-action incarnation of Spider-Man on screen easily.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

The best thing Tom Holland’s done as the character is die in Infinity War. Dude’s insufferable.

This seems crazy. Predictions?
    I thought you'd never ask...

http://matchcut.artboiled.com/showth...l=1#post601785

My updated list after yesterday's news

Black Widow & Hawkeye Teamup: May 1, 2020 (this makes total sense given the runway and 12 month production window)
    Shang-Chi: 11/6/20

Doctor Strange 2 (Namor Introduced) 2/12/21
    Black Panther 2 5/7/21
    Eternals 11/5/21

Captain Marvel 2: 2022
    Namor the Sub-Mariner: 2022
    Avengers: Secret Invasion 2022

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (Adam Warlock Introduced) 2023
    Dark Avengers 2023

Black Widow & Hawkeye : May 1, 2020 (this makes total sense given the runway and 12 month production window)
    Shang-Chi: 11/6/20

Doctor Strange 2 (Namor Introduced) 2/12/21
    Black Panther 2 5/7/21
    Eternals 11/5/21

Captain Marvel 2: 2022
    Namor the Sub-Mariner: 2022
    Avengers: Secret Invasion 2022

Thor 4 2023
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 (Adam Warlock Introduced) 2023

The best thing Tom Holland’s done as the character is die in Infinity War. Dude’s insufferable.
    Said no one ever

Figure Thor and GoTG have to be much quicker turnaround than Duke's prediction considering the directors have already been named.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Figure Thor and GoTG have to be much quicker turnaround than Duke's prediction considering the directors have already been named.
    I'm factoring in that James Gunn needs to finish Suicide Squad, Marvel needing to rearrange movies due to Gunn's temporary firing ( GotG3 was originally to be released next year) and the fan reaction of a Thor + Guardians type of movie.

I'm factoring in that James Gunn needs to finish Suicide Squad, Marvel needing to rearrange movies due to Gunn's temporary firing ( GotG3 was originally to be released next year) and the fan reaction of a Thor + Guardians type of movie.
    Ah, good call. maybe GotG3 stays to 2023 then, and they get Thor/Guards ready for 2021. That's the one I'm the most curious about. I figure Taika gets started on that a little after Jojo Rabbit and the Oscars.

Is there a director for Shang-Chi?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Destin Daniel Cretton is attached. I'm not familiar with any of his past work.

Count me as bummed that Thor and GotG are separate franchises. It seemed like a great combo, specially with Gunn writing and directing it.

As for Spiderman, I haven't seen Far From Home yet but Homecoming was definitively a step up from what Sony was doing. It's not a great film but it does have great scenes like the one with Keaton and Holland driving Gwen to the prom. That scene alone is already better than both Amazing Spidermans.

Destin Daniel Cretton is attached. I'm not familiar with any of his past work.
    Short Term 12 was a solid drama. Like Lucrecia Martel revealed on an interview, the directors picked for the MCU don't actually direct the action scenes for the most part. She was startled to learn this after entering talks for Black Widow.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Short Term 12 was a solid drama. Like Lucrecia Martel revealed on an interview, the directors picked for the MCU don't actually direct the action scenes for the most part. She was startled to learn this after entering talks for Black Widow.
    Which makes sense. Unless there is a director that has a really good eye for it (like Whedon or the Russos) let the hired director direct the scenes that matter, let them mold and shape the film by injecting the culture and dialog that they were hired to do, and let some 2nd team work on the fast stuff.

The Amazing Spider-Man is my favorite Spidey movie. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is the worst, but has some great scenes. I've no issue with Holland, other than I like when the character is out of high school. That's not on him though.