Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    *looks up bourbon peppercorn sauce recipes*
    You son of....
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    I mean.. it's hard to be mad at Marvel for trying to not be bankrupt....
    I'm not mad at them. I understand. But the freaks and their vitriol online is so misplaced in every way.

Edit: Sidenote, you really made the best point in all of this...Sony gave us Spider-man 1, 2, ASM1, and fucking Spiderverse. Hell, by my count, they've kicked MCU Spideys ass.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    On the flip side, you seem to be happy with the idea of Disney having a basic monopoly on mainstream film. I have no idea why.
    brother Duke welcomes our Amazonian Mouse House Overlords
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Marvel gave up the rights back when James Cameron wanted to do the film and the company had no studio to speak of.

But Duke, the problem with Disney's monopoly goes well beyond quality. We owe the quality of the MCU to Kevin Feige and his team, maybe include Favreau, Whedon, Gunn and the Russos as major creative players but that's it. Kathleen Kennedy has proven to be a much clumsier and insecure producer with Star Wars and that's also Disney. The real problem is that having a single company run almost all of the pop culture artifacts beloved by people of all ages worldwide is kind of sinister.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    Watching everything you love disintegrate before your eyes gets tougher and tougher every day. In the discourse about it, I'm admittedly looking for some kind of hope or silver lining but haven't found it yet.
    Same. So same same same I can't articulate how much I feel this way. Thinking about it bums me out to no end.

But I can't decide whether the problem is me or the world. Does getting older mean the world changes and we don't always change with it? Or has it always been this shitty?

Do you guys mean, like, Star Wars and Star Trek and so on? Nerd culture in general going mainstream?

The memes have been really good following this news.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Marvel gave up the rights back when James Cameron wanted to do the film and the company had no studio to speak of.

But Duke, the problem with Disney's monopoly goes well beyond quality. We owe the quality of the MCU to Kevin Feige and his team, maybe include Favreau, Whedon, Gunn and the Russos as major creative players but that's it. Kathleen Kennedy has proven to be a much clumsier and insecure producer with Star Wars and that's also Disney. The real problem is that having a single company run almost all of the pop culture artifacts beloved by people of all ages worldwide is kind of sinister.
    Yeh I get it. And I don't disagree with all of that. It's really hard to be negative towards an entity that I really enjoy. You can even throw Pixar in there as not being the creative petri dish it once was when it was praised on 60 minutes.

If the MCU ends up being the best thing under the Disney umbrella, that's unfortunate.

Honestly I just still give props to Marvel/Disney for even getting this far. Even if Phase 4 totally fizzles and no one cares anymore without the overarching Avengers stories (I doubt that’ll happen, but I’m just spitballing), the fact that they have come so far and so successfully both commercially and critically is...astounding.

If you had told me 10+ years ago that there would be a ~25 film interconnected, multi-franchise encompassing Avengers film franchise that was loved by both critics and fans, I would have balked harder than Mario Lopez being told he can’t boogie.

Kit Harrington joining the MCU.

Wolverine?

They just announced She Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms Marvel

Again, if those were movies, I’d probably be there. But seeing as they're more shows, yeah, I’m still out.

- - - - -
    She Hulk CGI will look terrible on a television budget.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    She Hulk CGI will look terrible on a television budget.
    She Hulk isn't huge and bulky like Hulk is so they can probably get away with it.

Other cool news. The Marvel WHAT IF? series WILL Include MARVEL ZOMBIES and take on Hayley Atwell's Captain Carter

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    She Hulk isn't huge and bulky like Hulk is so they can probably get away with it.

Other cool news. The Marvel WHAT IF? series WILL Include MARVEL ZOMBIES and take on Hayley Atwell's Captain Carter
    Naw they should paint her green, Ferrigno-style.

[]

Producer
    Black Panther II with Coogler, coming May 6, 2022.

Kit Harington is joining ETERNALS as a non-Eternal, Dane Whitman (who is also known as Black Knight).

Eternal costumes:

Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Producer
    I just knew from the pic that Barry Keoghan is in The Eternals.
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

So I guess Marvel Studios is looking into rebooting the Inhumans for the MCU. A bad look for Marvel TV if it turns out to be a money maker.

Huh. Nothing excites me there.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I think it's more about RDJ. He was a huge draw. (I'm waiting to see if my pet theory comes true: That the MCU is nothing without Downey Jr, surrounded by the original cast, and interest in these movies will drop now that he's finally exited the franchise.)

Only if Ava Duvernay replaces Kevin Feige as the head of Marvel Studios.

Uh ... yeah. Who?
    Or they will bring them both back...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...on-man-disney/

Would be hilarious if this was Marvel's response Sony.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    They're citing We Got This Covered. It's fake.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    They're citing We Got This Covered. It's fake.
    Is that a fake news site?

Would have been really cool if this was canon.

Denzel Washington may be the new Magneto?