Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cigars and other smokeables

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    Freezer!

Glad they're still OK, and lemme know if you want more sometime!
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Having the 5 Vegas Gold with scotch right now. It's..... alright.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Tatuaje does an annual "Monster Series" cigar (Pete Johnson of Tatuaje is a huge horror flick fanatic). Each year a cigar is produced inspired by a legendary horror movie monster, and the cigars come in a 13-count box made to look like a coffin.

Last year's cigar was "The Face" (inspired by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre), which came in a coffin made to look like it had been hacked at with a saw, and the cigar itself was a large maduro (dark) cigar with a band that was actually a piece of tobacco from a lighter cigar (like Leatherface wearing someone else's face).

This year the cigar is "The Wolfman", and here are the first pictures...

The box:

And the cigar:

The cigar employs a "shaggy foot" giving it its "Wolfman" name - the filler tobacco extends past the clean cut wrapper.

Since I've started dating a cigar smoker, this thread has become very useful for pretend knowledge.

...Thanks meg. :lol:
    Plead the fifth, Sip wine stiffly
    Patiently come up and be spiffy in a jiffy
    Gift for the grind, Criminal mind shifty
    Swift with the nine through a fifty nine fifty.

Quote Quoting romantisaurusrex (view post)
    Since I've started dating a cigar smoker, this thread has become very useful for pretend knowledge.

...Thanks meg. :lol:

Hey let me know if you need any info!

I can even hook you up with some great stuff if you'd like. Send you some stuff and you can say you picked them out yourself

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Hey let me know if you need any info!

I can even hook you up with some great stuff if you'd like. Send you some stuff and you can say you picked them out yourself
    Oh my gosh that would be awesome! Yeah I hadn't smoked a cigar in years until recently and I'm pretty horrible at it, but I am getting better. It seems to me that Cubans can be especially harsh and smokey which can be difficult. It's cool though, I'm enjoying it.

Oh my gosh that would be awesome! Yeah I hadn't smoked a cigar in years until recently and I'm pretty horrible at it, but I am getting better. It seems to me that Cubans can be especially harsh and smokey which can be difficult. It's cool though, I'm enjoying it.

I actually find Cubans incredibly overrated. I've had more problematic Cubans (ones that wouldn't burn properly, were plugged, or just flat out sucked) than I have any other.

For my money, Nicaraguans are where it's at.

I think the popularity of Cubans in North America stems from their being "illegal" in the USA - a forbidden fruit type thing, where the prestige of having Cubans outweighs the actual quality of the cigars.

I actually find Cubans incredibly overrated. I've had more problematic Cubans (ones that wouldn't burn properly, were plugged, or just flat out sucked) than I have any other.

For my money, Nicaraguans are where it's at.

I think the popularity of Cubans in North America stems from their being "illegal" in the USA - a forbidden fruit type thing, where the prestige of having Cubans outweighs the actual quality of the cigars.
    Okay, awesome, that's what I thought. I think I had a Nicaraguan before though, La Finca? It was very strong and spicy, but did not take long to smoke at all, I liked it a lot.

This is amazing, we opened a 2001 Cab and smoked the Oliva G and Dominican BOTL Meg sent. My favorite was the Oliva G, I definitely like the Nicaraguan fillers I've had the best-- super rich but not overpowering and isn't going to make you nauseous like Cubans can.

Thank you so much again for the package, I am definitely getting the hang of this...

This is amazing, we opened a 2001 Cab and smoked the Oliva G and Dominican BOTL Meg sent. My favorite was the Oliva G, I definitely like the Nicaraguan fillers I've had the best-- super rich but not overpowering and isn't going to make you nauseous like Cubans can.

Thank you so much again for the package, I am definitely getting the hang of this...

No problem, glad you enjoyed it!

Nice thing about Oliva G's (and those are the maduro's by the way ) is how freakin' affordable they are!

Pretty much anything by Oliva (which includes the Nub and Cain lines) is going to be prime. They know how to make cigars.

Are you starting to pick up on different flavour profiles? For example, while maduros are often sweeter with more chocolate and coffee tones, many people describe the Oliva G Maduro as being more "earthy".

A little care package sent to me by a friend in the Southern States...

*drool*

Barring poor weather, my friends and I are having a cigar night tonite, for which I certainly plan on rereading through this thread before my trip to the smoke shop after work. Are there any cigars that you would recommend straight away for the woefully tobacco inexperienced?

A little care package sent to me by a friend in the Southern States...

*drool*
    What's with that chode-shaped one on the end?

It's called a Nub. The idea behind the shape is that, most people say a cigar's "sweet spot" is near the end, so these cigars, being shorter and using the part of the leaves which would normally be at the end of the ciga, are all sweet spot.

Looking through this thread almost makes me want to try cigars again. Had a few a few years ago and thought they were okay, then got sick after one (not even sure it was related to the cigar, but had a scapegoat) and haven't really had one since other than a couple Al Capone mini sweets.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Quarantine has me back to this hobby and loving it more than ever.

Have found a way to keep myself from the nic-sickness which is great.

Had a Tatuaje Monster Series Tiff in Pudgy size the other day, and yesterday one of my all time favorites, a Diesel Unlimited in Toro.

I have never smoked cigarettes (or weed for the last three years, gonna wait until it's legal and I have no one to get it from anymore heh). But I would love to smoke a good cigar at some point.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I have never smoked cigarettes (or weed for the last three years, gonna wait until it's legal and I have no one to get it from anymore heh). But I would love to smoke a good cigar at some point.
    PM me your address and I'll send you a few to try out.

My mouth is literally watering thinking about having a cigar on the patio tonight.

Watch the llamas walk back and forth, 4 feet away from me.

Music on.

That's a good evening right there.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234