Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

This premieres in a month? Nice!

The first episode has leaked. You can find it in the usual places.

There is so much amazing it. Quite the huge tonal shift too.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Oh Watashi, I would have lived in ignorance but you had to tell me the leaked version was up and I had to go and download it and watch it just now and now I have month before I can see more. Oh cruel world.

That was an awesome intro.

It was pretty good, I liked the world building as usual but I found the drama on par with just an average episode of the first show. It isn't hitting the dramatic highs yet (I just mean in terms of beats and pacing, not narrative reveals), but that's to be expected.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

For the non-torrenters, Korra Nation (the show's official site) has premiered the first two episodes.

You can watch both here.
    Sure why not?

- Stay Puft

Thanks for posting these Watashi, you're a prince.

8, you watch the first two episodes yet?
    Sure why not?

- Stay Puft

No, I'm just waiting for it to actually start so I won't have to wait weeks for the third episode. Let's see how long I hold out, though.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Watching these. Loving these. So far, a great way of honoring the tone of the original series while going in a different direction.

I missed this last episode, but I can't really find a "good place" to see it, if you know what I mean. Anybody know of a good place? I don't wanna skip an episode and catch the next one without seeing this last one.

Also, J.K. Simmons as Tenzin? Sounds almost nothing like him. I'm impressed. He's such an awesome actor. So far, really enjoying this.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

ah man, why didn't anyone say the third episode was airing. I would have DVRed it. I wonder if it'll reair.

This is... pretty good. Seems like some of the really great streaming sites have gone bye-bye.

[link removed by number8]

Thanks Mara! But that seems to be episode four by the description. Shit did I miss two beyond the first two that were posted online?
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Thanks Mara! But that seems to be episode four by the description. Shit did I miss two beyond the first two that were posted online?
    Wait... you're right. That episode isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. SKETCHY.

Here is a link for episode three. It's okay as long as you pop it out to full screen.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Wait... you're right. That episode isn't supposed to be out until tomorrow. SKETCHY.

Here is a link for episode three. It's okay as long as you pop it out to full screen.

:lol:

We're synched, you and I. I just now was at wiki looking at the episode names/descriptions and realized that the one you posted was the new one showing tomorrow haha. I found the 3rd episode somewhere too, though it linked back to that nowvideo site. Regardless, thanks! I may go ahead and watch episode 4 while I'm at it.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    This is... pretty good. Seems like some of the really great streaming sites have gone bye-bye.

[link removed by number8] are the best these days.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Though there are some small cliches, I'm really enjoying that this picked up the "surprising complexity" torch from TLA re: Aman and the Equalists...

[
    ]

--Homer

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    [link removed by number8] are the best these days.
    Isn't [link removed by number8] a torrent site? I didn't think that was streaming.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Though there are some small cliches, I'm really enjoying that this picked up the "surprising complexity" torch from TLA re: Aman and the Equalists...

[
    ]
    I actually don't think it's an unquestionably good deed, which is why it's such a brilliant concept for a villain. It's effectively the equivalent of castrating a pedophile, and that makes it a very easy thing to argue both sides of. What's even better is that they set precedent for this with Aang and Ozai, so any argument against Amon is a criticism of Aang, too. It's soooo, so good as a series conflict.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

By the way, you guys are looking around for illegal streaming sites when they put up full episodes on the official Nickoledeon site. Heh.

http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Will they do that through the end of the season?

Yeah, they put up the 6 most recent episodes of their shows on the website.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Isn't [link removed by number8] a torrent site? I didn't think that was streaming.
    Nah, it's currently the best resolution/speed streaming site.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I actually don't think it's an unquestionably good deed, which is why it's such a brilliant concept for a villain. It's effectively the equivalent of castrating a pedophile, and that makes it a very easy thing to argue both sides of. What's even better is that they set precedent for this with Aang and Ozai, so any argument against Amon is a criticism of Aang, too. It's soooo, so good as a series conflict.
    With Aang and Ozai, was anyone really arguing that it was the wrong thing to do, given the Avatar's charge of keeping balance? Maybe loyal fire-benders, if anyone, but I'd be interested to see who objects to gang leaders having their powers taken away. True, it's not Amon's "right" to do it...unlike the alleged "right" of the Avatar to exercise that power in order to keep balance. It's a nifty problem. Really, Amon and the Equalists are just the expanded, populist versions of the Avatar's role; they are also trying to achieve a "balance" in their own way.

--Homer

Also, I just learned recently that the female version of the Wizard class in the upcoming Diablo III game was voiced by the woman who did Azula. Which is just perfect given that the wizard character is a reckless, condescending, extremely powerful young rogue student of the magical arts who considers herself invincible.

--Homer

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast