Thread: Match Cut Film Interruptus: Oasis (Lee Chang-Dong)

Match Cut Film Interruptus: Oasis (Lee Chang-Dong)

If anyone has had the pleasure of going to any of Roger Ebert's film interruptus' (interrupti?), then you know what this is all about, and how fun and/or ridiculous it can get.

For those that do not. For a few weeks or so, we'll try to watch the movie from beginning to end, making comments along the way. Since it's a message board, we'll figure out scenes to stop at. During this, we'll make comments about whatever we feel necessary. Something on screen strike out to us? Why? How? Etc. We'll continue to discuss for the length of the movie.

First, I'd like to try and organize a message board "uninterruptus" in which we'll view the movie and post on it along the way. The movie is available on Instant Watch, and I'll put it a few weeks out for those who do not have it to attain it if they want. The next day we'll begin immediately.

SCHEDULE:
    Tuesday, July 6th @ 9:30 PM EST - "Uninterruptus" Gathering for Oasis
    Wednesday, July 7th - Saturday, July 10th - Part I
    Sunday, July 11th - Wednesday, July 14th - Part II
    Thursday, July 15th - Saturday July 17th - Part III
    Sunday, July 18th - Wednesday, July 21st - Part IV
    Thursday, July 22nd - Saturday July 24th - Part V and End

For now, discuss ideas on how to improve this, or watch it for the first time. If it works, we'll do more in the future, if not, well, it was worth a try.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I'll contribute as much as possible. The first half of the schedule aligns perfectly with my vacation trip to Santa Barbara/San Diego -- meaning watching movies and writing about them probably won't be at the top of my mind.

I love this idea though and have been planning a re-watch of Oasis for some time. I actually kinda hated it the first time, but have had a sneaking suspicion that I missed the point.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Anyone plan on being around to do this on July 5th? If not, I'll do something else, and just get the discussion started.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Yeah, do that. I adore this movie, but I don't know how to do this.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I have Oasis, but haven't watched it yet.