Thread: Hulu Plus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I heard you're still getting ads even on their subscriber model. Still, cheaper than cable, right? Might consider it when it gets to PS3.
    I'm pretty much at the point where I wouldn't need cable at all aside for live sports. Once someone offers a way to do that through my PS3, bye bye cable bill.

They don't even have some of the best shows on TV, like Mad Men and Breaking Bad - can't get rid of cable unless they have those licensed. The ads are still there. I have Netflix so I can get it thru my PS3 or on my computer and I wouldn't want to watch TV on my teeny iphone anyway. Any current shows where I happen to miss an episode that didn't DVR is still available for free.

Yeah, in my case, not seeing the appeal for the subscription.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    I'm pretty much at the point where I wouldn't need cable at all aside for live sports. Once someone offers a way to do that through my PS3, bye bye cable bill.
    This is my problem too. I can download shows that aren't available on Netflix or Hulu, but my love of sports is far too great to ever part with DirecTV completely.

If you want Hulu to stream on PS3 you'll have to sign up for Sony's PlayStation Plus for $50 a year.

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/micro...-consoles.html
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Yep. In other words, fuck this. I changed my mind.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

To be clear: not for the 360?

with the 360 you have to have xbox live gold