Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hulu Plus

Hulu Plus

Well, it's here. $9.99 a month gets you the full season of current shows and a back catalog of every episode of old shows they have on there.

Works on Mac, PC, Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players, iPods, iPhones and iPads. PS3 coming soon.

http://blog.hulu.com/2010/06/29/intr...ver-than-ever/

I'm thinking that as soon as the PS3 app rolls out, I'm choosing this over cable.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

$5 a month and it would be a bargain, and worth it. $10 is a little steep, I think.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    $5 a month and it would be a bargain, and worth it. $10 is a little steep, I think.
    Completely agree. When I can get the last five eps free anyway, $10 is too much to pay for the premium. Not interested at this point, but I like the idea behind it.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Completely agree. When I can get the last five eps free anyway, $10 is too much to pay for the premium. Not interested at this point, but I like the idea behind it.
    Especially if you already have Netflix streaming. They should've worked a deal with them, and offered a bundle or something.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    So... $7.50? Deal?

I heard you're still getting ads even on their subscriber model. Still, cheaper than cable, right? Might consider it when it gets to PS3.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Yeah, the fee is really just for extra episodes and access on other devices, not for taking out ads.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I heard you're still getting ads even on their subscriber model. Still, cheaper than cable, right? Might consider it when it gets to PS3.
    I'm pretty much at the point where I wouldn't need cable at all aside for live sports. Once someone offers a way to do that through my PS3, bye bye cable bill.

They don't even have some of the best shows on TV, like Mad Men and Breaking Bad - can't get rid of cable unless they have those licensed. The ads are still there. I have Netflix so I can get it thru my PS3 or on my computer and I wouldn't want to watch TV on my teeny iphone anyway. Any current shows where I happen to miss an episode that didn't DVR is still available for free.

Yeah, in my case, not seeing the appeal for the subscription.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Derek (view post)
    I'm pretty much at the point where I wouldn't need cable at all aside for live sports. Once someone offers a way to do that through my PS3, bye bye cable bill.
    This is my problem too. I can download shows that aren't available on Netflix or Hulu, but my love of sports is far too great to ever part with DirecTV completely.

If you want Hulu to stream on PS3 you'll have to sign up for Sony's PlayStation Plus for $50 a year.

http://consumerist.com/2010/07/micro...-consoles.html

Yep. In other words, fuck this. I changed my mind.
    Movie Theater Diary

To be clear: not for the 360?

with the 360 you have to have xbox live gold

By the time you get done paying all these little fees for all of the devices you have, you might as well just pay for cable with Tivo. Ridiculous. Time to unplug. Internet only when I move.

Thank you for writing in!

With the launch of Hulu Plus there have been many rumors started and we are trying our best to remedy the situation. Specifically to your question, the Playstation Plus service is only a requirement during the preview period.

Once the preview period ends you should be able to download the Hulu Plus app but that will still require the Hulu Plus subscription.

Right now we are limiting the number of users but Hulu Plus will be launching to the public very soon so stay tuned!

If you have anymore questions please respond to this email so I can respond to you directly.

Thanks, Jordan Hulu Support
    Ugh, research first, game/tech blogs.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Ugh, research first, game/tech blogs.
    Good news!!

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Free Criteron movies for all this weekend

http://www.hulu.com/movies/criterion
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    For anyone interested they finally added all the seasons of Burning Love. For the longest time they only had the first one.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Hulu won the Seinfeld deal

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Besides Seinfeld they also added pretty much all of the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim series including:

Tim and Eric
    Eric Andre Show
    Adventure Time
    Rick & Morty
    Steven Universe

This is especially awesome because when these shows were part of the netflix deal they only had 1 or 2 seasons and now on hulu they have everything up to the most current season.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    [...]they also added pretty much all of the Cartoon Network/Adult Swim series including:

Tim and Eric
    Eric Andre Show
    Adventure Time
    Rick & Morty
    Steven Universe

This is especially awesome because when these shows were part of the netflix deal they only had 1 or 2 seasons and now on hulu they have everything up to the most current season.
    These cited shows might be the five I'd most want to stream out of anything in existence, but they were never even on Netflix in Canada and we don't even have Hulu, so now... shit.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I could have sworn Netflix signed an exclusive deal with Cartoon Network.

Seinfeld is a huge coup since it's the best show ever, but the DVDs remain the best value, I think. Lots of great special features. Still, due to the convenience of streaming (no disc swapping), I look forward to a time when there is no difference between a season of television on DVD and its on demand equivalent. I think extras accompany certain iTunes releases, but it's not widespread yet. For instance, buying a Criterion on iTunes gets you only the movie, which seems antithetical to so much of the distinction of Criterion releases.

Plus, I'm still wary of services like Netflix playing fast and loose with aspect ratios, as they never seem to confirm that kind of information. Does this happen often? If so, it may not be fair to single out Netflix, as those providing the episodes or films may also be to blame. Other important visual details have certainly been bungled. For example, I watched most of The X-Files via Netflix, and suddenly, the taglines in the opening credits were missing ("The Truth Is Out There," "In The Big Inning," etc.), as were the captioned bits of time and setting info that accompanied each new location. Lots of people complained, but I'm not sure if it was ever resolved (I no longer have Netflix). Similar issues might compromise the ​Seinfeld release on Hulu, as they might use the spiffy new HD versions that are syndicated on some channels rather than the superior 4:3 versions. This probably won't happen, though.
    Last edited by Gittes; 05-16-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    These cited shows might be the five I'd most want to stream out of anything in existence, but they were never even on Netflix in Canada and we don't even have Hulu, so now... shit.
    Watched the first three episodes of The Eric Andre Show and I'm hooked. In a similar vein to Tim and Eric and Check It Out!.
    TV Recently Finished:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast