Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your home theater setup (pictures if possible).

I've got the Mirage MX 5.1 speakers. They are small, black, slick looking, and totally adorable. They also have a 360 tweeter so it doesn't have to be pointing directly at your ear to get the effect. 800watt mini-sub. Small but packs a good punch and the sub is adjustable so I don't blow out the neighbors since I live in an apartment. Powered by a mid-level Pioneer receiver 7.1 system in case I want to expand the speakers some day.

I've got the 52-inch Samsung TV. That's what's in your photo, yes? 52 or 56?

edit: by the way, if you are worried about your speaker sound consider the wire as well. I've found that getting the right size wire has made a big difference in the clarity of the sound.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    That's the 55 Inch LED.

That Mirage MX 5.1 is exactly what I'm looking for but I don't want a new sub. I like my sub and just want to upgrade the speakers. I'm looking online if I can just buy the speakers in some package.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    That's the 55 Inch LED.

That Mirage MX 5.1 is exactly what I'm looking for but I don't want a new sub. I like my sub and just want to upgrade the speakers. I'm looking online if I can just buy the speakers in some package.
    Yeah I noticed that. If you go to the Mirage website you can individually purchase speakers, but I'm not sure how cost effective that would be. Depends on how many you want. Looks like they are $150 a piece for the MX. As a comparison, I bought the 5.1 system for $700.

Looks like they're going for $122 on Amazon.

Thanks for the tip.

Still pondering this.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Looks like they're going for $122 on Amazon.

Thanks for the tip.

Still pondering this.
    You're welcome. Hope you find what you want. As another tip, every Best Buy I've walked into has had the Mirage speakers hooked up, so it might be worth it to just go back and take a listen before you consider really purchasing. Also, I've not had to buy speaker stands for the back left and right speakers (I just set them on a couple of end tables) so might want to make sure you can get some if you need them.

I do need them. It's not very obvious from the pics but the back of the couch is walkway/path into the kitchen. I don't have anywhere to hook/stand the rear speakers.

I need a solution for this that doesn't interfere with the walkway.

I'm using Aiwa speakers I got with my first sound system, and a Kenwood 6.1 DTS head that I've had for way too long. It sounds great, but is unbalanced for blu-rays. You have to turn it up to hear the dialogue, then its waaaay too loud for the action.

Bowers & Wilkins M1 satelites have received tremendous reviews, but B&W ain't no cheapy brand.

[+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Ended up going with two pair of Sony SS-B1000 and a Sony SS-CN5000.

Such an upgrade from my POS speakers...

Indubitably, those look, and I would assume sound, far more intimidating than the puny ones from before.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Indubitably, those look, and I would assume sound, far more intimidating than the puny ones from before.
    IT feels like a different room when I've got something on. It's crazy how sound can transform an experience. I was playing God of War before and after I put in the speakers and could tell the difference immediately.

Just bought a Sony soundbar with subwoofer last week. I know it's surround sound-lite compared to you guys' setups, but it's exactly what I need for my smaller living room.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

That white cable, btw, is a 20-feet HDMI cable that I run across the top of the door frames to the other side of the room, so I can plug my Macbook to the TV from the couch. Laziness FTW.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Nope. Soundbars are light-years better than TV speakers. What you did is perfectly acceptable.

I'm still jealous of that brick wall...

It's actually not that much louder or clearer than the TV speakers, but I can finally hear the Dolby sound separation. Plus it came with a wireless subwoofer that I put next to the couch under a coffee table with the bass cranked up. So it's a world of difference.
    Movie Theater Diary

I've heard some very impressive soundbars, sir. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    That white cable, btw, is a 20-feet HDMI cable that I run across the top of the door frames to the other side of the room, so I can plug my Macbook to the TV from the couch. Laziness FTW.
    I just figured out how to connect my Macbook to my PS3 wirelessly. I'm ecstatic. I should have looked that up much sooner.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I just figured out how to connect my Macbook to my PS3 wirelessly. I'm ecstatic. I should have looked that up much sooner.
    PS3 Media Server? It's the shit.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    PS3 Media Server? It's the shit.
    Yep. I'm seriously an idiot for not checking into it sooner. It's fantastic.

Hwaa??? Can you stream your iTunes to your PS3 and play it through your stereo?
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    Hwaa??? Can you stream your iTunes to your PS3 and play it through your stereo?
    Yes sir. All of your music, movies, TV shows, etc., can be played on your PS3. Here's a "How to" guide: http://www.guidingtech.com/5611/stre...-playstation3/

The only thing I'd add to it is to uncheck everything under Thumbnails in the Navigation/Share Settings section of Media Server. Mine worked much faster when I did that.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Yes sir. All of your music, movies, TV shows, etc., can be played on your PS3. Here's a "How to" guide: http://www.guidingtech.com/5611/stre...-playstation3/

The only thing I'd add to it is to uncheck everything under Thumbnails in the Navigation/Share Settings section of Media Server. Mine worked much faster when I did that.
    You, sir, are a great humanitarian. ritch:

THANK YOU!

Seconded. This is a good weekend project.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Glad I could help!

Oh man, so want.

Movie Theater Diary

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast