Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Your home theater setup (pictures if possible).

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    brb going to rob duke's house while he's at work

[
    ]
    Thanks but it's not built yet! I was just using Visio to plan ahead.

I still need to wire everything to the closet and built the rack. I'm still contemplating buying one, but I could save some money in building my own.

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-...words=42U+rack

I figure $20 for the 2x4s, $60 for Rails. And between $150 and 288 for shelves.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Picked up these on Craiglist this week. (couple of 1 and 2U shelves)

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Got one of these to fit in a 1U.

And I bought TWO- count em TWO HP ProCurve 2610-24-PWR installed in the top U's.

We're currently running an Onkyo 646 with 170 watts/ channel (7.2 system). Wharfedale center and towers up front as well for rears.

Just ordered a 12" Wharfedale sub to upgrade my tired 8" infinity down firing sub.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

Quote Quoting Scar (view post)
    We're currently running an Onkyo 646 with 170 watts/ channel (7.2 system). Wharfedale center and towers up front as well for rears.

Just ordered a 12" Wharfedale sub to upgrade my tired 8" infinity down firing sub.
    GReat receiver. Wharfedale rears are treating you well? I need to get something compact to hang on the wall. I dont think they make an option for that.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    GReat receiver. Wharfedale rears are treating you well? I need to get something compact to hang on the wall. I dont think they make an option for that.
    They're ridiculously overkill for rears. I’ll use something smaller in the basement, but will still rock the Wharfedale’s up front. If you ever go with Wharfedales, make sure your receiver can handle 4 ohm speakers, or your receiver won’t be able to handle it, which is why we now have the Onkyo TX-NR777.
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

They're ridiculously overkill for rears. I’ll use something smaller in the basement, but will still rock the Wharfedale’s up front. If you ever go with Wharfedales, make sure your receiver can handle 4 ohm speakers, or your receiver won’t be able to handle it, which is why we now have the Onkyo TX-NR777.
    Yeh I need something a little liter.

Building an A/V closet. Pics of progress will follow.

Here's how my current stack up looks. Comments are welcome.

I forgot I never posted pics of this hidden in my closet.

[]

Upgrading to an LG OLED (C8) and 4K blu-ray setup. Quite stoked.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Hey all. Need some advice.

I have a mid-level Pioneer receiver that I bought nearly 12 years ago. I have a 4K TV and Roku Ultra with which I might as well start actually getting the benefit of 4K from. Unfortunately, that means I have to get a new receiver. Scar it seems like you are pretty happy with your Onkyo TX-NR777? Is there a reason why you went with that vs. a 585?

I'll eventually upgrade my surround sound as well, which is a 5.1 system that I personally wired into my receiver to boost the audio power. But I'm hoping to avoid a wired system in the future. Or should I just shoot to avoid that in the side and rear speakers? Any thoughts on the audio quality of wired vs. bluetooth? I've never actually tried the latter.

Mind you, I think Duke and Scar - you are probably using equipment that would be overkill for me on the speaker front (those Wharfedales look like they pack a wallop). I currently live in an apartment and don't have any wish to blow out my neighbors. But I'm planning to move into a house in the next 6 months, so will want something that can stretch it's legs once it has a bigger room to fill. Though not that big of a room. I'd ballpark 200 sq ft. Your room dimensions aren't something discussed in this thread so I'm curious what sort of space you guys are filling.

Probably would prefer to stay under $500 for the receiver, $1000 for the speakers, if that also gives you a sense of what I'm shooting for.

Any thoughts/recs are appreciated.

The main reason we got the 777 is because it can handle 4 Ohm speakers, IE, those Warfedales. Most speakers will be 6 or 8 impedance. A quick search shows that CNET thinks the 585 is a good receiver. Haven’t had my coffee yet.

Oh, and when it comes to wireless speakers, the only ones I use are the little portable guys you pair with your phone (camping). I’m guessing with receivers, the louder it gets, the more you can tell it’s not wired.

Side note- Thinking about getting a record player.

I have a giant record player radio. One of the old 50s models. It bigger than my entire entertainment system.

I personally would stay away from wireless speakers. You don't need to spend $1000 on speakers to get decent sounds. you'd be surprised what a decent set of bookshelf speakers can do.

Check out the Polk Audio stuff. Very solid speakers.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Si...5816133&sr=8-8

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-PS...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Oh, and our living room is only 300 square feet or so. Same for the basement space. Scarette loves her music loud, and I like my movies loud.

Thanks guys! Super helpful.

In my experience, springing for the super speakers only results in constantly wrestling with the controls to keep it in reasonable volume. Theres only a handful of flicks you genuinely want it screaming loud...most work just fine at a reasonable decibel, where surround quality is more valuable (obs imo). I have a 7.1 system that I run with Aiwa speakers from my first 2.0 Dolby surround system, and it functions great. Can be booming loud when I want, but doesnt require constant fiddling.

Does anyone have a clean wall mounted TV setup? With no wires whatsoever. I'm curious where you are mounting all the equipment and where you have them hidden.

I do not. However I do need a sound bar at some point.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Does anyone have a clean wall mounted TV setup? With no wires whatsoever. I'm curious where you are mounting all the equipment and where you have them hidden.
    I sorta did, and will again soon since I moved. It helps to have an amp because then only 1 hdmi cable goes to the tv, which i hid underneath a piece of plastic tubing along with the tvs power cable, the tube same color as wall. Ill post a pic later! My appliances were hidden in ikea furniture.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

I need a solution/ideas for my new living room asap.

I need a solution/ideas for my new living room asap.
    Because of kids, I recommend going soundbar. I have a delicious 7.1 monster sound system....in storage. Even if I hid all the wires, they would still be knocking speakers off walls and wrecking it.

Go simple.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Because of kids, I recommend going soundbar. I have a delicious 7.1 monster sound system....in storage. Even if I hid all the wires, they would still be knocking speakers off walls and wrecking it.

Go simple.
    No no. I am not going simple. I want pre-wired, in wall speakers, clean hanging TV... but I don't know where to put all my equipment. That is the current dilemma. I dont have the luxury of having a closet right next to my TV wall this time around.

I’d run the wires through the wall, which is a helluva lot more challenging since the living room is finished.

I’d run the wires through the wall, which is a helluva lot more challenging since the living room is finished.
    That's really the only option.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

That's child's play. All of that is assumed at this point. I just don't know where to put my rack. THAT is the challenge for you MC.

How do I go from this and put it NEAR this ?

I do have an office adjacent to the living room.

Do I look at these kinds of solutions and just run everything into my office?

Do I build something custom usingthis as a base and put the finished side outward facing ?

Do I run everything down into the basement? But how do I get my PS4/Future consoles near the living room space?

Need ideaaaaaaaaas.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast