Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeepers Creepers 3 and 4

Nah not at all. Thanks for bringing light to that - I honestly didn't know that his crimes were that awful. Not that I thought he was an "OK dude" to begin with. But I went from "that guy is kind of a creep" to "how is this monster still working?"

Hope my enjoyment of Jeepers Creepers is not misconstrued as acceptance of his actions.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

If I have a personal problem with an artist (at that level of seriousness I mean) but still wanna experience their creative output, I just steal it find imaginative ways of acquiring it so they/the company behind them don't profit from it. I'm not sure if that's fair or reasonable or not. Obviously there are more people involved than just one central figure, so....I dunno.
    Last edited by Wryan; 09-25-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Ummm. I haven't heard of any of those things....

EDIT: But after reading into things a bit, those crimes occurred in the 80s. I don't have a problem giving people second chances, especially after due process and justice is served.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

The film industry's pretty weird. If I was going to apply for a job and found out my would-be-boss was a child molester, would probably give it a miss.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Wasn't aware of the extent of his crimes. Jesus..

Glad you brought up Allen, though. I was going to ask why Allen is much different. The guy was molesting his own daughter, but he's a fairly celebrated director round these parts.
    It's different because Allen was never charged with a thing and there is a lot of conflicting evidence about whether anything ever actually happened.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I don't think Salva's case is so cut and dry, either. The guy was only imprisoned for 18 months for raping a child. Less than 5 years later, he's already got a movie deal with Disney.

It's all that plus the fact that the Jeepers Creepers movies are understood by many to be a rather obvious outlet for his pedophile fantasies is what makes so many reluctant to give him a second chance where he continues to surround himself with young people and given the power to put them in arousing situations.

This movie was supposed to have a 13 year old character in it. The casting agency found out about him last year and cancelled the casting call. I wonder if they rewrote the part.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Huh. I just found out that Bloody Disgusting's editorial decided a year ago that they will no longer cover any news stories about the Jeepers Creepers franchise or Salva's any other works. I've been out of the horror sites loop for a while. Are they still the main big news site for horror movies?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Yes. Definitely my go to. I remember that announcement too. It was recently if I remember correctly.

Edit: found it

http://bloody-disgusting.com/editori...-victor-salva/

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Good article. Very even headed look at the arguments on both sides.

I agree with his statement that regardless of which side you sit on (whether you think his films should be boycotted or not), you should try to understand and respect the other side and their thoughts.

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    It's different because Allen was never charged with a thing and there is a lot of conflicting evidence about whether anything ever actually happened.
    Yeah, casually saying that Allen committed a crime seems pretty screwed up to me. Polanski is a better example. He doesn't even deny raping a 13-year-old girl, but Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby are still two of my favorite movies.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

I really, really like the first Jeepers Creepers. Especially the first half.

But I wonder. Given it's subject matter, and it's genre, is it good because of the person that Salva is? That's fucking disgusting to think about.

I hate Bloggy Disgusting. No legitimacy at all imo. Its a blog ANYone can contribute to, hence so many shitty horror movies with BD quotes on the cover.

I think that's the forum where I met D&MU and The Mike.

So I'll always like that site.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    This movie was supposed to have a 13 year old character in it. The casting agency found out about him last year and cancelled the casting call. I wonder if they rewrote the part.
    I've read more about this and this is just a mess.

Here's the low down: the main character of the movie is a teenager who was molested when she was 13. They were originally going to shoot the movie in Canada, but when the Canadian actors union found out that the director is a convicted child molester doing a casting call for teenagers to play a child molestation victim, they urged all actors to not participate in the movie. So the production had to be shut down for months as they moved it to Louisiana.

So they completed the movie, still with the molestation story, and sent screeners out to some critics. IGN did a review detailing that plot point (and describing a character who at one point said that he could see why she got molested, because she's so gorgeous), and it got picked up by other blogs. But then the movie came out, a bunch of Jeepers Creepers saw it, and the molestation backstory and references were nowhere in it. I guess they did a last minute edit before sending it to theaters because of the suddenly resurfacing controversy. And now the critics look like they lied in their reviews.
    Movie Theater Diary

No thanks.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Maintain that the original is a horror masterwork.

Never saw 3 but didn't hear a single good thing about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12