Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: The Writers' Thread

So, I'm writing the final two scenes of a script I've re-written umpteen times. On a scale of 1 - 10, how corny would it be for me to name the bottle of wine in the first image of the final scene Maison de Dénouement?
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

- - - - -
    If it's shot subtly & if that joke's tone fits with the rest of the script, it would be funny as hell.

Hey, my zombie play is back from the dead... again.

I got another notice through Facebook (this seriously happened through Facebook, again) from someone who saw my play back in the day and teaches theater at a high school and wants to put it on. I doubt it would actually work out, as it's not a great play for high school-- tiny cast, four college-aged characters and two late-middle-aged characters-- but it's really flattering to be asked.

So naturally I Facebook-stalked her and it looks like she might live in PA? Which would be extremely convenient if it did happen.

I'll reach out to her later today to see what she's thinking. But I'm pleased either way.
    ...and the milk's in me.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Shriekfest LA upgraded my screenplay from quarter- to semi-finalist. Whoo! Story is basically the bastard child of Lord of the Rings and Dawn of the Dead, as godfathered by Mad Max.

She's actually in Oregon. She wrote me this: (Sy is a character in the play)

"[Play] had a pretty big impact on my childhood. My family saw it and when we got home my sister decided she had a sky [sic] living in her closet. She wrote up a Sy's Girls club pledge and we pulled our friends into it. It was pretty fun. I saw the movie and remember being disappointed because it felt like they hadn't done justice to the feel of the show."

Either that is the most flattering thing that has ever happened to me, or I am being catfished by someone who did serious research.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I accepted her friend request and she is super-awesome and her feed is full of feminist stuff and cat pictures. She blogs for the organization where my sister is an editor. She lives an hour away from where my dad lived when I was a kid.

Definitely being catfished; have decided to go for it anyway.
    ...and the milk's in me.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Shriekfest LA upgraded my screenplay from quarter- to semi-finalist. Whoo! Story is basically the bastard child of Lord of the Rings and Dawn of the Dead, as godfathered by Mad Max.
    And now I'm a finalist! Celebrated with the traditional pouring of milk into vodka and Kahlua.

So for those who might be interested, in my latest blog I discuss my biggest writing regret, and what I learned from it: http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2017/02/...nd-what-i.html

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    So for those who might be interested, in my latest blog I discuss my biggest writing regret, and what I learned from it: http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2017/02/...nd-what-i.html
    You seemed to have learned very quickly something that took me years to figure out (and I learned it by programming, not from writing, per se).

Anyway, good post but I think you might be a little too hard on yourself. Like I said elsewhere, what you do well in that first book you do extremely well. Any read with half a brain will pick up on that.

As always, I really appreciate the kind words, Irish. It's possible I can just be overly self-conscious about these sorts of things, which is an entirely different lesson altogether that I'm still trying to work on.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536