Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who's on Twitter?

I do not understand Twitter's appeal. I log in and it's just a garbage dump of useless information, like Facebook concentrate.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I do not understand Twitter's appeal. Somebody without ADHD explain it to me.
    I never post but I follow a bunch of comedians, personalities, etc that I really like. I spend maybe 10 minutes a day looking through my feed while I've got downtime at work.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I do not understand Twitter's appeal. I log in and it's just a garbage dump of useless information, like Facebook concentrate.
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Although-- you can trip into some fun communities if you out start following larger amounts of people. And there are people out there with every kind of interest (80s VHS collectors, trash horror, psychotronic, sci fi, pulp, whatever).

I've had some good interactions with people from all over, which is fun. A lot of folks use it like Eyes does, as a form of ersatz RSS, too. It can be a pretty good way to keep up with news &c.

I follow mostly movie critics/bloggers. It's fun observing the reactions of highbrow film critics clash with the bloggers when big movie news drops.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

It's all about who you follow. I follow mostly critics, journalists, and economists. With some comedians and media personalities sprinkled in. I dig it.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    I follow mostly movie critics/bloggers. It's fun observing the reactions of highbrow film critics clash with the bloggers when big movie news drops.
    This. Aside from big movie news, I tend to only read my feed during event type things, like Oscars, Emmys, Game of Thrones episodes, etc.

I constantly forget I have a twitter account. I think I follow like 10 people/things, one of which is Match-cut from when the server was going down all the time.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

I follow so many people that reading my feed feels intimidating and I rarely do it anymore.

Love it for instant reactions from all different types of people for just about everything (restaurants, movies, sports, etc).

Movie opinions are always fun to read. It also sends me to good articles that I would never read about otherwise.

It's the fastest way to get movie news too, albeit, all the bloggers will post the same damn news on their site once Variety posts it. That part is kind of annoying, but I do laugh at how they try to pass it off as their own.

There's also some funny stuff that gets posted.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I think with any social media, the quality of the service entirely depends on the quality of people you choose to interact with.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I have ADD so naturally I love Twitter

I enjoy using it to talk film, politics and random subjects. Also there is something oddly satisfying about your posts being retweeted or favorited by someone.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Twitter is amazing for customer service.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Director
    I agree. A completely unprovoked response.

Whoa. Not a fan of the new design.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Whoa. Not a fan of the new design.
    Its mentally deranged. I assume it was meant for a better phone experience or something.

- - - - -
    It's terrible, yeah. Surprised they removed their logo from the header. There's no branding on the page.

I could deal with a new layout but I can't deal with the constant interjections --- tweets you missed, people to follow, what everyone liked. I just wanna see the tweets and nothing else, ffs.

Anyway, I saw a preview some months back and immediately turned it off.

The "tweets you missed" pinging notifications is the absolute worst.

I swear I've turned that off multiple times and I keep getting them.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I swear I've turned that off multiple times and I keep getting them.
    THIS!

Just because...
    The Fabelmans (Steven Spielberg, 2022) mild
    Petite maman (Céline Sciamma, 2021) mild
    The Banshees of Inisherin (Martin McDonagh, 2022) mild

The last book I read was...
    The Complete Short Stories by Mark Twain

The (New) World

My solution is I just stopped going to twitter back in January. Just couldn't handle all the hate and bile and more.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    I'm using it to live tweet wrestling shows I watch from home and post my movie reviews.

I'm really getting tired of the hive mind there making me feel like I'm the worst person in the world over slight disagreements.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

- - - - -
    OMG I just looked again and they changed it up from the preview. (But hey, at least the branding is back?)

At fullscreen on a laptop, tweets take a third of the page and the rest is given over to immovable frames / sticky columns. I find it hard to read that way. Looks like the site was designed mostly for mobile.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    My solution is I just stopped going to twitter back in January. Just couldn't handle all the hate and bile and more.
    I would do this but too many publications ditched RSS in favor of social media. Twitter is one of the few ways to get a read on a hobby at a glance.

Quote Quoting Ivan Drago (view post)
    I'm using it to live tweet wrestling shows I watch from home and post my movie reviews.

I'm really getting tired of the hive mind there making me feel like I'm the worst person in the world over slight disagreements.
    Wrestling shows? Those totally objectify the human body bruh, and to belittle our minds in thinking they're real? BLOCKED.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Film twitter has become a complete nuclear wasteland.

I log on almost exclusively for Babymetal twitter anymore. Much more positive environment.

It's kinda funny though, I even have a friend on there who similarly almost exclusively talked about movies on twitter. And I wanna say around the same time I stopped talking about movies and moved on to other things (on the rare occasion I actually even post anymore, which I genuinely don't even feel comfortable doing most of the time anymore. Mostly just browse now), I noticed that he also stopped talking about movies, and now he exclusively discusses baseball. Guess some of us are just having to switch to different passions to discuss now that the conversation in this particular passion has gotten as relentlessly ugly as it has. XP

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast