Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's on Twitter?

Who's on Twitter?

I got bored last week and created a Twitter account over a lunch hour. And it has been interesting. I post my reviews to blogcritics and there is a retweet link at the top of each one (a retweet for blogcritics that is). I usually get about two retweets. I tweeted a link to my Alice in Wonderland review and it already has 32 retweets. (Maybe it's just because the movie is uber-popular right now.) Plus I used bit.ly to create a short URL and got the added bonus of all kinds of neat stats on who has been clicking the link. It's been clicked 39 times including by somebody in Barbados.

Anyway, err, why did I create this thread? Oh yeah. Please post a link to your Twitter page if you have one. I want to make sure I'm following everyone around here. (I know I'm following a few already.)
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

@thesycophant

Though I rarely tweet these days (I may start again at some point), and when I do, it's rarely about movies.

@CarlSagansGhost

Mainly music-talk, with links to interesting albums

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    @thesycophant

Though I rarely tweet these days (I may start again at some point), and when I do, it's rarely about movies.
    I didn't know there was anything else to tweet about.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Yep, I was pretty sure of it. I'm already following both of you. I found you in Ezee E's followers list.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

Yeah. I hardly tweet at all, mostly just looking at other articles.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

I just Buzz these days. About anything, but a lot about movies and games.

@Ary_Monteiro

it's in portuguese so, maybe not very useful but most of the time i'm lurking or retweeting links i've found to be interesting. i love twitter, probably my favorite social network yet.

@mrchrisnu here. I don't tweet much.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

@ianbarr

Don't use it much either.

Me.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I just realized something really cool about Twitter while reading back through my 70-odd tweets so far. It's a great place to make a list of things you like and refer back to it later. Things like this:

http://bit.ly/aV5m5N

I really need to go to Austin now.
    My Blog
    My Reviews
    Follow me on Twitter

Austin is the coolest place I've ever been.

You can't throw a rock without hitting a place where live music is played. Super friendly people, too. My band played SXSW one year, it was amazing.

I want to move there in a few years.

Oh yeah, instead of posting my username, I'm going to let you guess which one of these people is me:

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Oh yeah, instead of posting my username, I'm going to let you guess which one of these people is me:
    Yours is the best one.

What if his AC is too low, or you can only hit him with enchanted weapons/magics?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    @Dukefrukem
    To be warned, I have bots linked in with my twitter which include Foursquare and Youtube. My Twitter is also tied in with Buzz. I used Twitter hardcore this past weekend to track info during PAX East with people on another forum. Worked really well.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    So far on twitter, I've been blocked by Curt Schilling, Bomani Jones, Tim Cowlishaw and Shulie from the Howard Stern show. I never once used foul language. Just debating their-over-the-top "opinions". I challenged them all to the point where they got so frustrated they'd rather just block me than explain themselves. The worst offender being Shulie since he's (supposed to be) a comedian and should have been born with thick skin.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

@Skitchima

I rarely tweet as well. Just read tweets when I'm bored.

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    @KevoCuervo

I tweet about sporting events, movies, TV shows, go on nerdy tirades about said movies and TV shows, and live tweet award shows. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

@filmadept

I tweet about a little of this and a little of that. I've had people unfollow me because sometimes I'll get on a subject and tweet only about that one thing for about a week or so.

I mostly antagonize people.
    Movie Theater Diary

https://twitter.com/cinelixir
    85% movies, 15% nonsensical angst
    or something

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    My username is my twitter handle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast