Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1585

Thread: iDiscuss

Director
    I'm sure Marco Arment is doing just fine money-wise even after Apple basically integrated their own version of Instapaper into iOS, but he also co-founded and then left Tumblr in 2010. Yahoo just bought it for $1.1bn making David Karp a very rich guy.

@marcoarment
    If anyone buys Tumblr, people are going to assume I’ll have a lot more money than I really will.
    David Karp's stake in Tumblr today is estimated at 20%, which means when the ink is dry on this $1.1 billion cash deal, he will be $220 million richer. Not bad for a 26 year old without a college or high school diploma.

Does anyone have experience/advice with connecting an hdmi via a minidisplay port on an iMac to a TV (a Hannspree). When I plug it in the video works perfectly, but I cannot get the audio to come out of the TV. I've tweaked around with all of the audio options and still nothin, I thought I'd ask here before I call customer service for some help.

The minidisplay port doesn't output audio. You'll need an HDMI connector that splits into a minidisplay and audio jack that goes into the headphone port.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm an idiot and pressed the center button while I was recording something on the iPad. Is it possible to combine two videos into one file on the MacBook or something?

Voltage!!!
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The minidisplay port doesn't output audio. You'll need an HDMI connector that splits into a minidisplay and audio jack that goes into the headphone port.
    It does on newer Mac computers, though, as far as I know.

EDIT: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4241
    "Listen man, it might be hard to understand, but
    Don't mourn the dead,
    Celebrate the life they gave"
    - Kashmir "Seraphina"

Quote Quoting slqrick (view post)
    I'm an idiot and pressed the center button while I was recording something on the iPad. Is it possible to combine two videos into one file on the MacBook or something?
    I can do it with MS MovieMaker, so I'm sure you can do it with iMovie, or whatever its called that comes with Macs.

Director
    WWDC keynote starting.

Let's see if Apple has something actually new and exciting to show.

It's certainly been a long while.

Please make the bad logo go away. My eyes are bleeding.

I will miss the feline-themed names.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    WWDC keynote starting.
    E3 > WWDC
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Well, that Mac Pro seems to be something. AMD!

Maps app is a weird idea. Hey, let's take that app everyone hated with a passion on iOS that we had to apologize for, and make it a desktop app. Huh?
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Well, that Mac Pro seems to be something. AMD!
    I love it. Looks great.
    Movie Theater Diary

The only i-Thing I'm waiting for is the new iConnectMIDI4+, coming SOON. This is a device that allows the transfer of audio via USB, a feature that should have been standard in the iPad to begin with.

Oh boy... OS7, as expected - a mishmash of Android and Windows Phone ideas combined into something similar, but not quite. Android is dark - make it white. Android notifications and toggles slide from the top - bring ours from the bottom. It's refreshing on an Apple device, but feels stale. It's been done to death, Ive.

Director
    Standard iOS. If an app and jailbreak feature gets too popular, integrate it like iOS Pandora.

Per App VPN is actually pretty badass though.

You can tell Siri to change settings like turning off bluetooth and wifi. Fucking finally.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    Standard iOS. If an app and jailbreak feature gets too popular, integrate it like iOS Pandora.

Per App VPN is actually pretty badass though.
    If only they'd take note of apps like AudioBus and AudioShare. Two apps essential for i-Music Making, and two apps that add essential features that should be baked into iOS, namely a file system for audio files and applications, and the ability to have two audio applications communicate with one another.

AudioShare should come pre-installed, standard.

Director
    Integrating an Infinifolders clone was long overdue. There's no reason I should have to have Games 1, Game 2, Game 3, Social 1, Social 2 folder.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Oh boy... OS7, as expected - a mishmash of Android and Windows Phone ideas combined into something similar, but not quite. Android is dark - make it white. Android notifications and toggles slide from the top - bring ours from the bottom. It's refreshing on an Apple device, but feels stale. It's been done to death, Ive.
    Well, the Apocolypse must be nigh, because I totally agree with you. The pic on Apple's site looks like an HTC phone.

I think the design looks really, really date. I also hate flat designs, because more often than not you have to guess what's a functional UI element and what's not.

Ya'll glossed over the most important part of iOS7:

It’s official: iOS 7 is adding inter-app audio functionality, for streaming sounds between different software. And whereas this appeared on a slide at last summer’s WWDC, this time, it’s really happening.
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/0...ures-to-ios-7/

There you go - they incorporated the AudioBus app into the iOS. Now they just need to do the same with AudioShare.

No, no, the most important part is the fact that the Clocks app's icon is now an actual live updating clock, with a ticking seconds hand and all.
    Movie Theater Diary

No, no, the most important part is the fact that the Clocks app's icon is now an actual live updating clock, with a ticking seconds hand and all.
    Real time time updates? Holy shit. Now I can know the time down to the second.

I know you're joking but, more important would be the weather icon actually showing live conditions and temperature instead of just sunny and 73 all the time. That would actually be useful. Is that happening?
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast