Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: iDiscuss

[ETM] is correct re: Flash.

That's the point I was making, Duke.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    After this - my 3rd iPod - dies, I'll be switching to something else. Of course that means I'll have to copy all of my DRM'ed iTunes music on to CDs and then re-rip as MP3s (or whatever), but I will be glad to stop using iTunes. Amazon's store is better, all DRM free (at no extra cost), and offers albums for a cheaper price. The Amazon store is better in every way. I've actually found the selection at the Amazon store better for the kid of music I like.
    iTunes is DRM free now.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Not that I buy music from iTunes anyway... You're right that Amazon.com is better, but what does that have to do with iPods, though?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Don't the iPods still refuse to allow full syncing with anything other than iTunes?
    I don't think I could ever live without drag-and-drop mass storage mode.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Not that I buy music from iTunes anyway... You're right that Amazon.com is better, but what does that have to do with iPods, though?
    I used to really like iTunes, and it worked best with an iPod. I don't really like iTunes anymore, and I don't want any Apple products anymore. I don't like how they are trying to have such a tight control on the media and software used on their devices. Of course it is totally their right to do so. I just want something more generic, and less brand namey.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I know where you're going with this, but maybe he's referring to iTunes is what you need to use on your iPod, (and most people hate iTunes) to which you'd respond that's not true and you can now use winamp or whatever.

I fucking hate iTunes. I think it sucks ass.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Don't the iPods still refuse to allow full syncing with anything other than iTunes?
    I don't think I could ever live without drag-and-drop mass storage mode.
    MediaMonkey won't play iTunes format - whatever it is, can't remember now. And I can't just convert my iTunes purchases to MP3s without first burning them to a CD and then re-ripping. Such a hassle.

Btw, i hope you guys realize youtube uses Flash. Flash isn't going anywhere.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    MediaMonkey won't play iTunes format - whatever it is, can't remember now. And I can't just convert my iTunes purchases to MP3s without first burning them to a CD and then re-ripping. Such a hassle.
    I'm so with ya.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Oh, I keep forgetting that the Windows version of iTunes is a broken piece of shit. No argument there from me. On a Mac, I've never found a better player, though.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Btw, i hope you guys realize youtube uses Flash. Flash isn't going anywhere.
    YouTube has begun the process of converting to HTML 5 video. Vimeo is doing the same.

Flash won't be around much longer.
    Movie Theater Diary

YouTube has begun the process of converting to HTML 5 video. Vimeo is doing the same.

Flash won't be around much longer.
    The most problematic uses of Flash are video and ads... the first because it requires too much computing power for the quality it provides, and the second for the annoyance factor.

However, there are a million other uses that simply won't go away any time soon.

Unrealistic joke. Price never mattered to Apple customers. :P
    Movie Theater Diary

Unrealistic joke. Price never mattered to Apple customers. :P
    Yeah. If anything, a higher price = more demand for Apple products from their customers. It creates a sense of allure.

Oh, I keep forgetting that the Windows version of iTunes is a broken piece of shit. No argument there from me. On a Mac, I've never found a better player, though.
    Yeah - it's totally not optimized for Windows.

It's funny, I think both companies want to appear like they want to accommodate people on the other side, but they don't want to work at it too hard.

Same reason why Microsoft stopped their development of IE for Mac (not that anyone decries that) and delayed delayed delayed the Mac Silverlight.

Apple also totally fudged up the Windows version of Quicktime. I used to h-h-haaaate Quicktime when I was using Windows. Now there's no contest that it's my favorite video format.

*snicker* WMV...
    Movie Theater Diary

Quicktime has gotten much better on the PC.

I, too, used to hate it. I used to put it in the same group as Real Media.

Now, I like it.

You know, I've been giving it some thought. The more I think about it, the more brilliant I think the decision to release the iPad is.
    Movie Theater Diary

You know, I've been giving it some thought. The more I think about it, the more brilliant I think the decision to release the iPad is.
    It probably is.

Just like it was good to release the original iMacs without floppy drives. Those were POS, but it forced the industry to move forward.

I'll look forward to what happens in the wake of the iPad's release, and what the cheaper, more robust, and more open alternatives will be.

Well, I'm loving it too, for several reasons:

- the tech is definitely there, and it works... thin touchscreen tablet with loads of horsepower. If Apple can make it for $500, someone can make one for me for less, only actually usable.

- the dedicated e-reader prices have to come down.

- I'm looking at you, Wacom... Cintiq tablet. And no excuse for overblown prices this time.

One thing I cannot get over is the lack of any kind of USB or smart media device. No standard ports at all is really dumb, and no HDMI? I used these kinds of things on a daily basis. Their reasons make financial sense - because they want to be the gatekeepers - but for my needs it doesn't make sense at all.

Steve Jobs has a hard-on for wireless transfers.

I bet he takes his morning shit on a toilet made of Blu-ray players.
    Movie Theater Diary

I bet he takes his morning shit on a toilet made of Blu-ray players.
    You mean the iToilet?

Funny thing is - the iToilet has better connectivity than the iPad.

Drool.

Also, this is good stuff.
    Movie Theater Diary

I totally dig the frame-by-frame option, but the resolution is not enough for spreads, not even close. Page by page, like the iBook (I feel dirty from using all the iWords) - perhaps.

Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast