speaker
    mic
    30-pin connector
    rated at 10 hours of battery life

Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Coffee shops are going to have to make their tables bigger now.

You have to buy a USB port and a card reader for something that's supposed to replace netbooks? I'll keep my Acer, thanks.

It's like a big fat iPhone or iPod Touch.

Steve Jobs could take a dump in a plastic bag, call it the iShit, and millions of people would not only be crawling over each other to buy it, but his army of Apple whores would be out in full force, defending the "revolutionary invention" and praising its “form factor” on every blog and message board across the web.

That being said, it's probably a huge upgrade over the Kindle, and it wouldn't suprise me if the focus of their marketing initially is geared heavily towards college students for their textbooks.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    Steve Jobs could take a dump in a plastic bag, call it the iShit, and millions of people would not only be crawling over each other to buy it, but his army of Apple whores would be out in full force, defending the "revolutionary invention" and praising its “form factor” on every blog and message board across the web.
    Actually, people all over are pretty unanimously calling it the iShit.

The iBrain

I think you should listen to this.

My friend said...

I have often stared at the iPhone and been like, "if only it weren't so CONVENIENTLY SMALL"

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    I don't get it.

I don't understand something:

MS got drilled for tying their OS in together with the media player and web browser.

Isn't this what Apple is doing now? The iPad is a completely closed computing system, and all of its media capabilities are tied to iTunes, which Apple owns. The apps have to be created using Apple's tools, and then get approved by Apple to be sold on iTunes. This seems far more problematic than what MS got drilled for with the various worldwide anti-trust lawsuits.

What's the difference here?

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    What's the difference here?
    Microsoft doesn't provide the hardware. MacOS can only be installed on Macintosh computers, and they get to decide what they bundle with it.

I say this is simply a generation or two away from being something that will be special. As of now, meh.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

You know what annoys me to no end? Old people railing against technology as if we're wasting our lives by enjoying them.

Friend of mine was talking about the iPad on Facebook, and this old geezer relative of his or something started ranting about how it's all a rip-off and they keep coming up with new gadgets to steal your money.

THAT'S HOW TECHNOLOGY WORKS.

So what if I like the latest gadgets?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You know what annoys me to no end? Old people railing against technology as if we're wasting our lives by enjoying them.

Friend of mine was talking about the iPad on Facebook, and this old geezer relative of his or something started ranting about how it's all a rip-off and they keep coming up with new gadgets to steal your money.

THAT'S HOW TECHNOLOGY WORKS.

So what if I like the latest gadgets?
    Nothing wrong with that. Although the iPad doesn't seem like it brings much new stuff except being a gigantic iTouch.

Although the ideas coming forward are already indicative of what's to come. That's pretty exciting. I've heard Japan already has monitors or iPad-esque gadgets that roll up like a newspaper so it's easier to take around with you.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Director
    You can get a netbook with more space, memory, and processing power for $250. I'm not really seeing the point here.

The iPhone rules because it fits in your pocket. This doesn't, so it's no different than any small form factor laptop to me.

Director
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    You can get a netbook with more space, memory, and processing power for $250. I'm not really seeing the point here.

The iPhone rules because it fits in your pocket. This doesn't, so it's no different than any small form factor laptop to me.
    lol netbooks

I've since owned 2 iPads.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting shaun (view post)
    lol netbooks

I've since owned 2 iPads.
    And I was knocking watching movies on a tablet, which I do in bed all the time now on my Kindle.

8 Wins, though. (as usual)

You seem to think that just because it's more expensive it won't destroy the shit out of Kindle and the Amazon store. This is not true.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I know this isn't Apple, but since we're talking about cell phones...

Holy shit, what?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I know this isn't Apple, but since we're talking about cell phones...

Holy shit, what?
    So glad I read that. I was debating on whether or not to throw down $500 for it this weekend.... What the fuck Moto? You didn't mind when I totally hacked the shit out of your Droid.

From what I understand, it is unclear whether that thing is actually implemented. It is present in the hardware but no one can say if it's active or not. Let's not jump the gun here, let's wait for Motorola to say something.

Aand it didn't take long:

Motorola's primary focus is the security of our end users and protection of their data, while also meeting carrier, partner and legal requirements. The Droid X and a majority of Android consumer devices on the market today have a secured bootloader. In reference specifically to eFuse, the technology is not loaded with the purpose of preventing a consumer device from functioning, but rather ensuring for the user that the device only runs on updated and tested versions of software. If a device attempts to boot with unapproved software, it will go into recovery mode, and can re-boot once approved software is re-installed. Checking for a valid software configuration is a common practice within the industry to protect the user against potential malicious software threats. Motorola has been a long time advocate of open platforms and provides a number of resources to developers to foster the ecosystem including tools and access to devices via MOTODEV at http://developer.motorola.com

so it doesn't brick it... good.

BTW, buying this without a contract.. the phone is $570!

Very cool article on the very strained partnership between Apple and AT&T.

I thought this bit is funny.

They have even fought about wardrobe: When an AT&T representative suggested to one of Jobs’ deputies that the Apple CEO wear a suit to meet with AT&T’s board of directors, he was told, “We’re Apple. We don’t wear suits. We don’t even own suits.”
    Movie Theater Diary

Well, there's "casual" and there's "is that the only set he owns or does he have a wardrobe full of them?" I've heard people wonder if Jobs smells.

He smells of rich mahogany.
    Movie Theater Diary

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast