Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 1585

Thread: iDiscuss

Figures... Never had any hope they'd invest in anything beyond getting even richer

Loool the iphone 8 looks exactly the same as before.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Jobs is dead.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I love how they made the "all screen" iPhone X with larger bezels than the competition, and because they couldn't get the in-glass fingertip scanner to work, they created a hugely complex solution to a non-problem with that humongous top camera array...

Quote Quoting Morris Schæffer (view post)
    Loool the iphone 8 looks exactly the same as before.
    Oops i was too fast. Turns out there was just one more thing.
    [+] closer to next rating / [-] closer to previous rating

• Dark (S3) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Fall (Mann, 2022) ✦✦✦½ [-]
    • Ms. Marvel (S1) ✦½ [+]
    • Dark (S2) ✦✦✦✦
    • Moon Knight (S1) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Get Carter (Hodges, 1971) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Prey (Trachtenberg, 2022) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Black Bird (S1) ✦✦✦✦
    • Better Call Saul (S6) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Halo (S1) ✦✦✦ [-]
    • Slow Horses (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • H4Z4RD (Govaerts, 2022/BE) ✦✦½ [-]
    • Gangs of London (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • We Own This City (S1) ✦✦✦½ [+]
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (Waititi, 2022) ✦✦ [+]

My requirements for my next phone: headphone jack, SD slot, great camera. That is it. My iPhone 6+ will be my last Apple product... unless they bring back iPod classic. But that ain't happening.
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    The Town that Dreaded Sundown
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    A Moment of Romance (1990) 61
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd
    Listening Habits at LastFM

I don't think the X has any holes at all?

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Too bad they didn't announce this

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Apple will wait for Samsung to go out on a limb and do it, and then they'll bring out their revolutionary, game-changing version when kinks are ironed out and it's standard.

Directed by Spike Jonze

That was pretty cool.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Apple will wait for Samsung to go out on a limb and do it, and then they'll bring out their revolutionary, game-changing version when kinks are ironed out and it's standard.
    Oh, wow, I totally called the first half of this.

I can finally have an opinion on iWorld!

So my daughter decided to switch from Samsung to iShitPhone for her next upgrade, because thats what all her friends have. Then she asked for help.

Within 3 minutes I was cursing. People, seriously, with a straight face, say this is more user friendly? What a joke. Absolute unusable trash. This is a total cult. People must become entrapped in the cloud with their data.

Agreed. Apple has always been a joke. From their $5k monitor arms to computers that do less than everything else but for some reason cost more. I don't get it.

I jumped off that train when the nano was released.

Kids just want an iPhone so all their text messages can be green instead of blue. Fuck right off with that.

- - - - -
    Oh good God you guys sound like whackjobs.

I'm not the Apple fanboy I once was. I haven't bought one of their products in ~5 years and I likely won't in the next 5. But gimme a break.

Samsung copied Apple's interface to such an absurd degree that it resulted in a years-long, billion dollar lawsuit (that was privately settled).

iOS has grown increasingly complex over the years (the system settings can be odd and obtuse) but one's unfamiliarity with an OS isn't the same as that OS being user hostile.

iMessage had end-to-end encryption before that became a thing; it's one of the best messaging apps out there and easily one of the best apps on iOS overall.

I hate the mobile space because it could be absolutely grand but --- at least in the U.S. --- consumers have a choice of 2 operating system and maybe ~4 carriers. And they all suck.

What one chooses really comes down to choosing between two evils: Get absurdly price gouged on the hardware or have all your personal information sucked up and arbitraged by an ad company.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Samsung copied Apple's interface...
    I'm out.

Hooray for Apple announcing "new" features that Samsung had 3 phones ago.

Wackjobs? You realize Apple copied hTC's design of the iPhone right? That whole touch screen concept? Yeh that wasn't Apple's idea. Apple just went to market faster than HTC. All those companies rip each other off anyway. It's not about stealing ideas. That thing you're probably using right now? A mouse? Stolen by Apple and marketed brilliantly.

It's the annoyance of the cult like mentality when if people just opened their eyes they would realize there are superior products already on the market.

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Wackjobs? You realize Apple copied hTC's design of the iPhone right? That whole touch screen concept? Yeh that wasn't Apple's idea. Apple just went to market faster than HTC. All those companies rip each other off anyway. It's not about stealing ideas. That thing you're probably using right now? A mouse? Stolen by Apple and marketed brilliantly.
    Everybody knows this, at least everybody who follows the industry.

I didn't claim (and most people don't) that Apple was the original innovator on WYSIWIG UIs, mp3 players, or flat screen smartphones. But they sure as hell perfected the concepts and marketed their version of them successfully.

Another example: There's a huge gap between what Samsung did (lifting UI wholesale) and what Google does (using certain concepts as a starting point and developing something that's familiar yet different).

It's the annoyance of the cult like mentality when if people just opened their eyes they would realize there are superior products already on the market.
    I'm not sure that cult exists as it once did because desktop OSes are irrelevant, and up until recently Apple let MacOS stagnate in favor of iOS. Their old business -- desktop computers and laptops --- pretty much sucks right now.

If you skim r/apple on any given day you'll find people bitching about this (as well as the ridiculous prices).

I have an iPhone 6+ that is still going strong (after a change of battery), and an iPad 2 that is still going strong, and my original iPod was still going strong when someone stole it out of my car a while back. One thing I'll give Apple is that their shit lasts. The funny thing is, I was going to dump the iPhone as soon as it stops working because a headphone jack is important to me.... but now all the other lemming companies are also ditching it, so I guess I'll just stick to iPhone since I have all the apps I want on it already. I have no real loyalty to the OS - it's fine, Android is fine, everything is basically fine when all I want my phone for is to (a) listen to music, (b) browse the web, (c) take good photos/video, (d) message people, and (e) maybe take a call or two. (I don't even watch much video on it - I use the iPad for that.) Don't give a shit about much else to be honest, and I would have happily jumped ship to Android for a headphone jack, but everyone else is fucking that all up as well. Plus I pay for Apple Music because Spotify is not available in Korea, so fuck it.... I guess Apple it remains. (iTunes is a complete piece of shit, though.)

I don't understand the argument over who was first - who cares?
    Last 10 Movies Seen
    (90+ = canonical, 80-89 = brilliant, 70-79 = strongly recommended, 60-69 = good, 50-59 = mixed, 40-49 = below average with some good points, 30-39 = poor, 20-29 = bad, 10-19 = terrible, 0-9 = soul-crushingly inept in every way)

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

Exactly. Who cares as long as we get better products out of it. We wouldn't have Windows if Gates didn't copy the Apple UI. Samsung copying the UI of iPhone is a big shrug.

Btw trans, the headphone jack is absolutely not going away any time soon.

And good news. iTunes is going away soon.

- - - - -
    Who cares as long as we get better products out of it.
    Apparently you do?

But anyway --- I don't think near-monopolies or duopolies are giving us better products. That's the problem.

Samsung copying the UI of iPhone is a big shrug.
    It was a $1 billion shrug, originally in Apple's favor.

I don't get going after Apple when you very obviously don't complain about other companies pulling similar shit & fucking over their own customers (or employees). E.g., The rest of the Big 5: Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Facebook.

Plus, it's like you're standing in a Disney-branded glass house and yelling about fanboys. That's so odd I can't grasp it.

I do care. You're right. I hate Apple and everything they make. (But damn do I love my portfolio the past 10 years.)

I mean, Microsoft got hit with anti-trust. Still use their stuff. Are we just going to name every major conglomerate and pick things we don't like about them?

Disney fandom, or any fandom (with the exception of maybe the Beehive) is a much, much different fandom than Apple fandom.

Not sure what you mean given that the Pixel lost it, Samsung Note is rumored to be losing it, etc. When Apple announced they were ditching it, both of those were my first choice as replacements, but they done fucked it all up.
    Last 10 Movies Seen

Run
    (2020) 64
    The Whistlers
    (2019
    ) 55
    Pawn (2020) 62
    Matilda (1996) 37
    (1976) 61
    Moby Dick (2011) 50

Soul
    (2020) 64

Heroic Duo
    (2003) 55
    As Tears Go By (1988) 65

Stuff at Letterboxd

Quote Quoting transmogrifier (view post)
    Not sure what you mean given that the Pixel lost it, Samsung Note is rumored to be losing it, etc. When Apple announced they were ditching it, both of those were my first choice as replacements, but they done fucked it all up.
    Did you click on the link?

No one is buying flagship smartphones anymore.

- - - - -
    Are we just going to name every major conglomerate and pick things we don't like about them?
    I'm talking about the contradiction between hating Apple, specifically, but not viewing other companies with skepticism. Your posts in the Amazon and Google threads aren't just positive, they're celebratory.

Disney fandom, or any fandom (with the exception of maybe the Beehive) is a much, much different fandom than Apple fandom.
    Rapidly following something is rabidly following something. I don't see the difference.

People engage with shit because there's something about its value proposition that appeals to them. Their values might be different from yours, but that doesn't mean their fandom is worth less than yours.

(But yeah, I agree the Beehive takes it to another level.)

Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 135361626364 LastLast