Thread: 100 Things in my Life that annoy me, or otherwise distract me from my real issues

100 Things in my Life that annoy me, or otherwise distract me from my real issues

I'm not in a good mood, so I feel like unleashing my rage/frustration on the Internet. I think that's why it was invented, to allow us to retreat further into our neurosis by allowing us to vent on strangers as a coping mechanism that only feeds our depersonalization or something. I love the Internet and you guys though <3
    Follow me on Twitter

100. Saunas

I like saunas, in concept. They smell nice, make your skin glow and just feel so good... but that is an idealized world, and it doesn't really work that way. In reality, saunas is often filled with naked people, most of whom are people you never ever want to see without clothes. They're also naked people who want to have conversations with you, when you are only trying not to look at their multiple folds and wrinkles, and just trying to enjoy the heat. Also, I find people who NEED a sauna are some of the most abhorrent people in the world, I work at a YMCA and these are the people who will unleash holy hell on you if the sauna is not exactly to their pleasing, and that includes something as inane as them having to turn on the light if they're the first person to show up in the morning.
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Quoting Philosophe_rouge (view post)
    I think that's why it was invented, to allow us to retreat further into our neurosis by allowing us to vent on strangers as a coping mechanism that only feeds our depersonalization or something.
    That's certainly what I use it for. I tried my best to make that "your decade in 250 words or less thread" into an airing of grievances, but it didn't take. Looking forward to your list.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

99. Militant and Hypothetical Vegans

Both of my parents are vegans (I'm a bad vegetarian), but you'd probably never guess. They're as normal as a person can be who willfully don't eat cheese, but in my experience, they are the exception not the rule. My qualms are unfortunately numerous, from the affection for processed fake meats, to strange dogmatic beliefs (my co-workers constant chanting of "Being a vegan is like being a virgin", which is just creepy, especially listening to him explain the mechanics) and the general anger I feel from a lot of them. As for hypothetical vegans, this comes from a particular experience with a guy who spent about half an hour explaining to me why we should all be vegan and vegetarian, and how that would make the world a better place, only to have him order a pepperoni pizza and offer me a slice which I had to politely decline because I don't eat meat. That was more weird than upsetting, but still worth noting.
    Follow me on Twitter

98. Waiting in line

This is the age of speed, I can type in nearly anything into google and in 0.26 seconds have millions upon millions of results. The few minutes it might have taken me to find a dictionary and look up a word, now takes a quarter of a second. So why do I still have to stand in line? More importantly, why do I have to stand in line without being able to sit down? This is lunacy, especially when you're standing in line for over an hour for something as stupid as a Star Trek movie. This is why people download movies!
    Follow me on Twitter

Lines are why paperback books were invented.

Well, not really (World War II), but still...

Always keep a book on you. This way a line isn't an annoyance, it is a chance to read more.

Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    Lines are why paperback books were invented.

Well, not really (World War II), but still...

Always keep a book on you. This way a line isn't an annoyance, it is a chance to read more.
    This is actually good advice, and usually if I have my bag, I do have a book. I find reading standing up a bit tiresome if I have to do it for any extended period though.
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Quoting Philosophe_rouge (view post)
    "Being a vegan is like being a virgin"
    Worst recruiting slogan ever.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (NoƩ, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    Worst recruiting slogan ever.
    Yeah, I read that sentence like ten times, because I kept thinking that Rouge's coworker must be criticizing veganism, rather than advocating it.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

Being a vegan is like being filthy, slutty whore.

Agreed with 98.

Where does excessively negative people rank?

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Daniel Davis (view post)
    absolutely. while i can't say i love a line, it never does bother me, and i feel my not minding to wait in line is some sort of superpower. if anything, it allows me to get cheap, students ticket to any show.
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0