10. Witte Trappist (La Trappe)

I'm fairly sure I've had this before, but a search of the thread tells me I didn't have it during one of these countdowns, and since I'm running low on back ups, I'll allow it. I'm a huge fan of Belgians, especially their strongs. Therefore I've dappled into all the abbey ales, usually coming across as Quads and Trippels. The trappist beers are amongst the best beers I've ever had, and I think I've had them all. This Netherlands Trappist offering is the only one offered as a witte, and why not the Dutch? They're pretty good at the witte beers. The pour is a nice hazy yellow, and pretty inviting. It smells of spiced banana, which concerns me some, as I'm not a huge fan of banana as a flavor (do like them as a fruit, though), and that's one of the reasons I don't drink very many hefeweizens despite that being a very popular and easy to grab beer in these parts. The flavor profile matches the aroma, with a strong banana flavor touched with some spice. It's really juicy and easy to drink, but the flavor profile isn't one that I'm a huge fan of. It's okay, but I think it's one of the lower tier Trappists.

Two weeks of beer until Christmas.