Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071
Results 1,751 to 1,767 of 1767

Thread: Thread O' Beer!

19. Pale Ale (Brewdog)

I've had plenty of Brewdog since I've been here, but not the Pale Ale (I don't think), and not bottled (they usually come in cans). This one is another basic pale ale, nice earthy aroma, with a slight hoppiness on a good malt base. I drank it a couple hours ago, so I'm going to keep this short. It was a pretty good beer, but nothing super outstanding.

5 Beers to go!
    *coming soon*

Top 100

20. Senatsbock (ÜberQuell)

This was a real hard one to find information on, but at least ÜberQuell has it on their website for the photo. This is a seasonal bock, and it pours a dark red/brown color with good clarity. Smell is burnt caramel, and I expect a good maltiness from the bock. On the tongue it's pretty full bodied, and a good caramel flavor with a touch of bitterness reminds me of a dark coffee with a splash of caramel. It's another one that's pretty darn good, and I can't say I'm upset at this random 24 pack thus far.

Only 4 beers remain until Santa takes flight.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 12-20-2022 at 04:06 PM.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

21. Weihnachtsbier (Herr Schmidt)

Another replacement beer, but this time it was my call. Today's beer is a beer I think I've had, but might not have, and definitely didn't review in here. However, it didn't feel like a seasonal beer (a blonde) and I have a few of these seasonal beers left still, so I'd rather go that route. So a Christmas beer from Herr Schmidt, which pours a nice golden brown color, and an aroma that hints at a bit of spice and some floral or citrus, perhaps. On the tongue it's nice and light, easy to drink, with a bit of a fruity spice, but not too bad. A nice slight caramel malt taste, and a decent, but subtle hop bitter. It's pretty good!

3 Beers to go
    *coming soon*

Top 100

22. Belgisch Amber (Palm)

A quick one today, as the bottle is small, and I haven't slept well. This is a nice amber, but a bit sweeter than I'd expect. I don't mind the sweet at all, but if you're more use to a bitter amber, then perhaps steer away from this one.

Only 2 more nights before Christmas.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

I think this is the first year (and knock on wood, despite the fact I'm off the next 3 days) that I've actually not missed a day while doing this.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

23. Celebrator (Ayinger)

Nearly done, and it's another doppelbock (though, I think the last was just a bock?). This one I can smell the molasses aroma as I pour. It's a nice dark, with a quick fading head. The taste is also a very bitter molasses flavor, with a good tingle on the throat. Nice and warming, and a good way to wind down at the end of the list, and end of the day (though I'm just starting my evening of relaxing and drinking).

Only 1 beer remains until the last sleep before Christmas.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

I'm the problem it's me DFA1979's Avatar
    Heh finally one I've had. That one is delicious, I first tried it at my local brewery cause I had already drank all their brewed beers before at the time. I may go get that one again, one of my company's stores has it.
    Blog!

And it's happened once again
    I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    And sees through the master plan
    But everybody's gone
    And I've been here for too long
    To face this on my own
    Well, I guess this is growing up

24. Christmas Ale (Craftbeer Shop)

This is one I'm almost 100% sure no one here has had. Of course the shop I used to purchase this box would include their own offering. So it's a craft brew from the craft shop. Not a lot in the aroma, maybe a hint of citrus, and a nice golden color. The head was gone as fast as it arrived, so it behaved much like a number of my homebrew ales! As for the taste, it's very malty, with some orange, and maybe a hint of a spice, but I might be imagining that. It's not the most ideal beer, but it's decent, and a solid middle of the day (or night?) brew to mix in with the gaming I've been doing with some buds, after starting the day with some mead. Once I wrap this, I've got my favorite gluhbier on the stove as a nightcap while watching the rest of the Bengals game. Not a bad Christmas Eve.

As always, I wish everyone a happy holidays, and hope everyone is well and happy!
    *coming soon*

Top 100

Merry Xmas!
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

I've been trying out beers from local Iowa breweries at bars I go to, plus whatever my big chain local grocery stores have. I've also been enjoying sours more, the last one I really dug was from SingleSpeed Brewery, which I need to visit at some point. They're based out in Waterloo and Cedar Falls, so I have little excuse for not driving up there and checking them out.
    Blog!

I'll turn to a friend
    Someone that understands
    But everybody's gone
    To face this on my own

As far as Iowa breweries are concerned, I've always been a fan of Peace Tree brewing down in Knoxville - nice taproom, right along the town square. Also, Toppling Goliath in Decorah is a favorite. I need to get down there some time. It's a lovely town.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    As far as Iowa breweries are concerned, I've always been a fan of Peace Tree brewing down in Knoxville - nice taproom, right along the town square. Also, Toppling Goliath in Decorah is a favorite. I need to get down there some time. It's a lovely town.
    I haven't been to Peace Tree, yet, but I did enjoy their beer recently via Hyvee. I did make it to Toppling Goliath in Decorah last year, it's a marvelously huge brewery that has many tasty brews. I was only in Decorah for two days, it was a very nice town, I would love to go back.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Bought a store created advent calendar to run it again this year. Anyone else in?
    *coming soon*

Top 100

That sounds cool
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

1. Oddball (MobCraft)

Interesting that I come from Germany, pick up a random 24 pack advent calendar of beers and the first day happens to be a Kolsch style beer. Kolsch is a style that I never was able to groove with, as it's a bit drier than I enjoy. This one does feel Kolsch-esque, in that it is dry, and not overly bitter, and overall pretty easy drinking. Overall it's alright, but nothing special, and nothing I'd probably care if I didn't drink again, but perhaps the pack is built into easing into the month of beer.

23 beers to go.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 12-01-2023 at 11:00 PM.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

2. Playa Breeze (MobCraft)

Apparently the case I purchased was all from the same company, MobCraft, and that's not what I want to do during this countdown. The idea was to try a bunch of holiday styles and other general beers from a variety of brewers, and not just comment on 24 beers from the same company. I actually used to get upset when I found that I had pieced together a collection that had more than 2 from any one brewery. I don't really have the time or money to try and piece together 20 more beers to round this out, but I may not stick with it, either, for the whole countdown. I do have a couple other seasonals I had bought on the side, that I can mix in, but that's about all I'd be able to do at this point.

Anyway, this beer is passion fruit. I don't like passion fruit. I don't care for this beer. I probably won't finish it either.

22 or so beers may be in store.
    *coming soon*

Top 100

I prefer passion fruit over Kolsch I think, not a big fan of either one honestly.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2161697071