Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Match Cut Xtreme Crocheting Thread (and The Dark Knight)

You're Christopher Nolan?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    You're Christopher Nolan?

I wish.

But no, he was giving me crap about not liking Bob Dylan, then makes a stupid generalization like this with absolutely no reasoning at all.

Whatever. I deleted the post.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Quote Quoting Clipper Ship Captain (view post)
    While Heath Ledger looks like The Joker, especially due to an award worthy looking makeup job, who cares? Nolan can't direct.
    :|
    “What we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution. All this machine does is swim and eat and make little sharks and that's all.”

New pic from the cover of Wizard...

AICN has some new promo pics of Bale and Ledger:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34945

I LOVE those Joker pics. In that last one it's like he's in a beauty pageant or something

Can't deny that the new Batsuit seems a little busy...but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.

I'm really glad that they changed the cowl so he can move his neck.

Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Can't deny that the new Batsuit seems a little busy...but I'm sure it'll all work out in the end.
    When he's doused in amber, gloomy, high contrast lighting, he'll look a lot better, I'm sure.

Either way, is it that hard to create a flexible rubber costume that looks good instead of an armour? I guess they think it heightens the realism, from Batman '89 to these parts, but my Batman wears a rubber costume.

I think they just think backwards from what I was thinking, that Batman gradually removes his armor as he gains more experience. However, they seem to be going with, "It's getting more dangerous out there, so he needs more protection."

I'm not even sure which one's more realistic.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Either way, is it that hard to create a flexible rubber costume that looks good instead of an armour? I guess they think it heightens the realism, from Batman '89 to these parts, but my Batman wears a rubber costume.

Actually I think you mean your Batman wears cloth.

And yes, I agree. My favorite Batman costume has always been the grey cloth with a black symbol, cape, cowl, gloves, etc.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I think they just think backwards from what I was thinking, that Batman gradually removes his armor as he gains more experience. However, they seem to be going with, "It's getting more dangerous out there, so he needs more protection."

I'm not even sure which one's more realistic.

Yes, when they said Batman was getting a new suit I thought it was going to be something closer to the regular cloth which I just mentioned.

Like you said, I thought that as he got more confident with his skills, he took off the armor because bullets and knives weren't much of a threat to him anymore.

Like you said, I thought that as he got more confident with his skills, he took off the armor because bullets and knives weren't much of a threat to him anymore.
    I'm pretty sure bullets and knives are still a threat. Not every thug shoots like a stormtrooper. More armor as time goes on is the more realistic progression.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I'm pretty sure bullets and knives are still a threat. Not every thug shoots like a stormtrooper. More armor as time goes on is the more realistic progression.

Bullets and knives have never been much of a worry to Batman - at least in the comic books.

He's too skilled and smart and tactful to ever get into a situation where the bad guy even has a chance to shoot at him.

That's kind of the whole purpose of the "fear as a weapon" thing. Scare the shit out of them and they can't think straight.

http://www.whysoserious.com/steprightup/

People have to go to certain bakeries in major cities and pick up cakes with an evidence pack baked inside of them.

We'll see what happens when all of the cakes get picked up....

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    This is literally the most annoying advertising campaign I've ever seen. It's actually decreasing my interest in the film.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    This is literally the most annoying advertising campaign I've ever seen. It's actually decreasing my interest in the film.
    Why? It's fun. Although we better get something damn good for this one.

There's really something strange about this campaign to me. I guess it's fun for the fans, but I can't really imagine who this elaborate series of games and teases is going to convince to see the movie.

One more to go. ritch:ritch:ritch:

If you hate it so much, can't you just avoid it?

No one's making you go to these sits :P

'Go to your nearest aquarium, stand on one leg and rub your head and belly simultaneously, while chanting "Christian Bale, I need your love". Once we have 12,000 people doing this in unison across America, we'll show you a glimpse of the teaser poster teaser.'

Sometimes the very awareness of the existence of something is enough to grate. I see where KF is coming from.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar

I don't go to the sites. I think I went to one once. But I hear about them from you guys and from friends. I don't want to avoid this thread altogether because I'm looking forward to the film and don't want to miss a new trailer or pictures. I don't know, it's one thing to make it an interactive experience, but this is overkill. It's cool that others are finding it fun, but to me it's excessive and annoying.

St. Louis Park, MN? Is everyone getting that? Or is the location relative to where you are?

Quote Quoting Antoine (view post)
    St. Louis Park, MN? Is everyone getting that? Or is the location relative to where you are?
    Someone in Minnesota already has the cake. We are just waiting for them to call the number that's written on the cake...

Quote Quoting Barty (view post)
    Someone in Minnesota already has the cake. We are just waiting for them to call the number that's written on the cake...
    So you're saying I don't have to drive to St. Louis Park in the snow today? That's a relief.

Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast