While fiction is where I turn to most regularly, I often get the desire to read something non-fiction - mostly stuff dealing with astronomy.

Carl Sagan is one of my all-time favorites in this category. His book "Pale Blue Dot" was a truly humbling, life-changing read.

His ability to communicate things so easily is what separates him from a crowd of equally brilliant people who are nigh incapable of communicating with "average" people. For example, Brian Greene's books "The Fabric of the Cosmos" and "The Elegant Universe" are incredible works, but are much more intimidating reads that don't hold your hand the way Sagan was able to without seeming condescending or patronizing towards his readers.

I've got the "non fiction bug" again so I'm trying out one that's been recommended to me several times (and has been talked about here on MatchCut) - Mary Roach's "Stiff".

Any other non fiction readers out there? What topics do you find most interesting, and what books have you found to be great in dealing with said topic?