Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Manga Thread

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar

Just finished the first volume and really enjoyed it. The core story is about a used manga store and it's owners and customers but each individual chapter (which there are 6 or so in each volume) revolve around an actual classic manga/comic series and how it relates to the customers and owners in the story. And at the end they have an actual real manga store owner/historian in Japan give you a summary of the manga from each chapter and it's historical significance.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Used my mycomicshop.com credit today to order:

A Drifting Life
    All My Darling Daughters
    Detroit Metal City Vol. 6
    Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service Vol. 1
    Naoki Urasawa's Monster Vol. 10, 11, 16
    MW (Osamu Tezuka)
    Ode to Kirihito (Osamu Tezuka) Vol. 1-2
    One Piece: East Blue Vol. 10-11-12
    Parasyte Vol. 2
    Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms HC
    Twin Spica Vol. 1
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I read the first issue of silver spoon, the new manga from Hiromu Arakawa the lady that did Full Metal Alchemist. It's about a kid who goes to a farming school because he wants to be the top of his class but then finds out that OH NO everything he must learn is about farming which he knows nothing about. It was incredibly dull, had way too many OH NO I'M SHOCKED moments. Also every characters is reused art from FMA. Even Armstrong shows up as a teacher. He's not called Armstrong but he looks exactly the same even with the sparkle.

I was reading Shintaro Kago's "Suck It" when I realized that I should really be doing something better with my Sunday afternoon.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I just started Naoki Urasawa's Billy Bat and I'm loving it already.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Man, the lightsaber duels in the Star Wars manga adaptation by Hisao Tamaki look awesome.

Movie Theater Diary

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123