Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Series Discussion Thread

That's good news.

I'm going to need to know a lot more about who's making it before I can get too enthusiastic about it, but this is certainly weird, unexpected, and kind of exciting news.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Thats awesome but why is that such a Holy Shit moment? Because it's Adult Swim that's driving it?
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Thats awesome but why is that such a Holy Shit moment? Because it's Adult Swim that's driving it?
    Because the original was 16 years ago and this announcement came out of nowhere.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Because it's more FLCL!

Omg, someone tell me One-Punch Man is as awesome as it looks.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It's really good.

What? Is that real? WB is producing it?

I'm 95% sure this isn't a fan made thing. Where does everyone stand on FMA? I've watched some, but not enough to judge.

Producer
    Loveeeee the manga. No idea how the anime deviates from that (the reason I almost haven't seen almost any anime at all is because I've already read its manga first).
    Midnight Run (1988) - 9
    The Smiling Lieutenant (1931) - 8.5
    The Adventures of Robinhood (1938) - 8
    Sisters (1973) - 6.5
    Shin Godzilla (2016) - 7.5

Netflix added One Punch Man. Looking forward to seeing what all the hub-bub is about.

For anyone who might be curious, now that the series has finally concluded, I finally updated my picks for the best of Naruto Shippuden - http://cwiddop.blogspot.com/2017/04/...n-updated.html

Last edited by Philip J. Fry; 07-05-2017 at 06:13 AM.

I've only watched two episodes so far... we'll see how it goes from here.
    Revisiting this because I never finished the first season. On Episode six now which is about where I stopped the first time through.

[
    ] And quite brilliant.

Revisiting this because I never finished the first season. On Episode six now which is about where I stopped the first time through.

[
    ] And quite brilliant.
    Holy fuck at episodes 7 and 8. WTF is going on?

Quote Quoting Philip J. Fry (view post)
    Oh god I really hope this ends up being good. FLCL is already perfect as is, but boy would it be easy to fuck it up horribly.

Oh god I really hope this ends up being good. FLCL is already perfect as is, but boy would it be easy to fuck it up horribly.
    Indeed. I've got high hopes, though. That trailer looked great.

Little With Academia feels soooo much like Kiki's Delivery Service. Good shit.

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    I finished the first season. I was very pleased with the protracted stuff about the Female Titan [
    ]. That first shot we see her, where she's very far away and charging across the field, is utterly chilling, like if the T-1000 were several stories tall and ready to take no shit. The Female Titan is just pure menace. Good show overall so far, though I have a lot of questions...questions that need answering. Not sure if it was my imagination, or if I was just getting used to it, but I felt the ratcheted-up emotions were a little (a really tiny little) bit more restrained throughout the second half.

Also, when Captain Levi attacks the Female Titan, that's one of the best animated beats of action I've seen in a long time. Built up very well; you're just waiting and waiting for it, and then boom. Finally, their radar system during the expedition was very clever, I thought.
    I have so many questions as well. You summed it up perfectly about it being so nebulous. What does all this mean?

Its like this was written by Damon Lindelof.

Holy shit, that second episode in Season 2 of Attack on Titan. WTF?

Where is season 2 available?

Not anywhere legal.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast