Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1183

Thread: Star Wars Saga Discussion

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    In defense of the incels, her character did suck in Last Jedi.
    I disagree, but we've already had this conversation.

Please don’t defend incels.

If you didn’t like her character, that’s cool. But very different from the incels’ horrible hate and misogyny.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    I meant, "in defense of the incels's hating Rose"...
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Bloomberg
    Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger said he’s not at all concerned that consumers may be overexposed to the Star Wars brand, but the film franchise will go on “hiatus” after December’s big release.

“We have not announced any specific plans for movies thereafter,” Iger said in a Bloomberg Television interview Thursday. “There are movies in development, but we have not announced them.”

The upcoming film, which doesn’t yet have a title, is the ninth in the so-called Skywalker saga and slated for release on Dec. 20. It’s the third installment of a film trilogy that Disney began with “The Force Awakens” in 2015.

After that, the franchise will focus more on TV projects, Iger said.

[...]

Yet there’s a growing disturbance in the galaxy. Last year’s “Solo: A Star Wars Story” — a stand-alone film that wasn’t part of the saga — was the lowest-grossing film in the four-decade history of the franchise. Star Wars toy sales fell in 2018 for the second year in a row, according to NPD research.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ix-disney-says

LOL, yeah. He's totally concerned. Otherwise, why pause?
    Last edited by Irish; 04-12-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Here we go

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ix-disney-says

LOL, yeah. He's totally concerned. Otherwise, why pause?
    Also came to post this. Totally agree. makes no sense. I wonder if Kennedy ever gives Feige the sinkeye every time they are in the same room together. "How do you do it?! Tell me please!!!"

Oh shit, they got stephen colbert to host. Fun.

My new guess for the title: Return of the Skywalker

BTW, all the pics they are showing on the screen when they go through the characters, HIGHLY resemble the Endor Forest Moon. So, we are looking at a Return of the Jedi REASH from JJ. Sigh.

I dont really know why I'm watching this whole thing... if I had the forum power to go back and change my Yays to Nays on Episode 7 and 8 I would.

Biggest ovation on stage was for Kelly Marie Tran which followed by a "kelly kelly kelly" Jerry Springer chant.

New toy, i mean droid introduced on stage. Dio, similar to BB8 only looks like a duck.

Title Revealed [
    ]

[
    ]

What a teaser btw. I shouldn't be shocked that their marketing is spot on, but I somehow am.

My new guess for the title: Return of the Skywalker
    I was close.

BTW, all the pics they are showing on the screen when they go through the characters, HIGHLY resemble the Endor Forest Moon. So, we are looking at a Return of the Jedi REASH from JJ. Sigh.
    And now this makes sense why- at the end of the trailer they look at death star wreckage. So all the wreckage must have been pulled from orbit on the moon. Why they are there? [
    ]

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Great teaser. I love the atmosphere of everyone coming together for a single adventure, the Fisher shots instantly got me welled up, the Palpatine laugh is such a beautifully sinister sting on the end. Love it all.

I'm trying to balance the reality that I likely won't love this one as much as Last Jedi with my excitement for this one but who cares.. Feels good to let my anticipation for this overwhelm me to the fullest extent. Especially for one last time.

Biggest ovation on stage was for Kelly Marie Tran which followed by a "kelly kelly kelly" Jerry Springer chant.
    I was happiest about watching the stream.for this moment.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Sweet teaser. Came outta nowhere for me, as I wasn't really following the other event stuff.

[
    ]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

lol this post from reddit is so accurate it hurts.

[
    ]
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    Sweet teaser. Came outta nowhere for me, as I wasn't really following the other event stuff.

[
    ]
    [
    ]

Duke [
    ]

Pretty sweet teaser. Also yey Lando. And do we really need spoiler tags before the movie comes out?
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Wryan (view post)
    lol this post from reddit is so accurate it hurts.

[
    ]
    Hahahah this is so true.

Over the past week or so Rain Johnson has said a couple of times that he didn’t care if they chose to retcon the stuff he did in TLJ, and that he has nothing invested in Ep. 9 outside of being a series fan.

Feel like that was very intentional timing, saying that before the release of this teaser.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Duke [
    ]
    Yes i am. Or I guess [
    ]

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast