Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Saga Discussion

Maybe on FB? I know we were having this conversation and I said I don't expect him to be involved once filming begins.

Real question: When does Episode X get announced? Comic Con 2019? Trailer attached to Star Wars IX? D23 in 2020 (in this scenario, there's a three-year instead of two-year gap between main series installments)? In a John Boyega interview with Teen Vogue?

Follow-up one: Will Disney continue to structure the main films as trilogy cycles?

Follow-up two: What will be the first "Star Wars Story" to establish itself as its own subseries with a sequel?

Follow-up three: When do we enter the era of two Star Wars films a year?

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)

Follow-up two: What will be the first "Star Wars Story" to establish itself as its own subseries with a sequel?
    This is what I'm most interested in. Give me a Kyle Katarn story!
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

This is an old thread.

This is an old thread.
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    If there's a worse idea than bringing Vader back to life, it's having a a couple other guys running around in a Vader suit.

Why not also have like a Boba Fett Bounty Hunting Academy, where graduates all get to wear the Boba Fett armor and join a Boba Fett army.
    Lol. This ended up being true basically.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Follow-up three: When do we enter the era of two Star Wars films a year?
    Oh Jesus plz no

It took Marvel 5 years into their plan before they started coming out with 2 movies a year. Then this year is the first where they release 3 a year (10 years after they started).

So the answer is 2020 and 2025.

Haha, I just remembered that they brought in Gilroy for Rogue One reshoots. So, no, no one came out unscathed in that instagram.
    This circles back to Irish's post.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    If Disney wants to grind out these movies year over year, they should stick with Howard all the way. I'm serious -- what's more depressing than seeing a good, young director get kicked around? It's watching another shitty Star Wars movie. Howard has the ability to deliver something passable without all the bullshit.

(I know Kennedy is firmly entrenched in LucasFilm, but how long before Disney makes a change? This is a helluva lot of drama over a very short period of time.)
    Edwards for all intensive purposes, was replaced. He was just the only one who went along with it.
    Lord and Miller Replaced...
    Colin Replaced...
    Josh Trank Replaced (way before)

Kennedy has to be on the hot seat right now. Who does she report to? Iger? They must be looking at Feige and saying, "how do you do this?"

Sounds like Trevorrow, Lord and Miller were all let go for being egotistical and difficult.

Pro-tip: when you only have a couple of credits to your name, best not to go in and try to tell Kathleen Kennedy how to do things.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Yeh.

"During the making of Jurassic World, he focused a great deal of his creative energies on asserting his opinion. But because he hed been personally hired by Spielberg, nobody could say, ' You're fired.' Once that film went through the roof and he chose to do Henry, [Trevorrow] was unbearable. He had an egotistical point of view - and he was always asserting that. When the reviews for Book of Henry came out, there was immediatey conjecture that Kathy was going to dump him because they weren't thrilled with working with him anyway. He's a difficult guy. He's really, really, really confident. Let's call it that."

"There's one gatekeeper when it comes to Star Wars and it's Kathleen Kennedy. If you rub Kathleen Kennedy the wrong way - in any way - you're out. You're done. A lot of these young, new directors want to come in and say, 'I want to do this. I want to do that.' A lot of these guys - Lord and Miller, Colin Trevorrow - got very rich, very fast and believed a lot of their own hype. And they don't want to play by the rules. They want to do shit differently. And Kathleen Kennedy isn't going to [frick] around with that."

Funny how someone who is so thoroughly mediocre has such an inflated opinion of himself.

It would be one thing if Jurassic World was dumb but a stylistic showcase for a director whose strength was in visual storytelling. But no. Anyone could have directed that movie.

Fuck

J J in talks to return to Episode IX.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Nice!

I mean, obviously I'm deeply anticipating what Johnson has done with VIII and would've been psyched if he was brought back too. But c'mon, JJ is the clearest sigh of relief here. No matter what you think of Force Awakens, it's largely his plane to land at this point.

I'm just kind of surprised he said "yes."
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Yeh, I can only imagine what incredibly unsatisfying mediocre twist and/or revelations to expect in the series finale.

Quote Quoting Henry Gale (view post)
    Nice!

I mean, obviously I'm deeply anticipating what Johnson has done with VIII and would've been psyched if he was brought back too. But c'mon, JJ is the clearest sigh of relief here.
    Nah, JJ is a bad storyteller, and he did bad things to the series, and he should be kept away. Johnson not only has to make a good movie with this upcoming one, he has to carefully de-fuck all of Abrams' fuckery, and then JJ'll be right back in to fuck it all away.

[Sorry, I'm just super-bummed about this. I want to like this series, but Disney is just killing it with this slide into textural pleasures and barren storytelling.]
    Last edited by Dead & Messed Up; 09-12-2017 at 03:28 PM.

I have zero emotional reaction to this news.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I have zero emotional reaction to this news.
    Liar.

But hey, on the bright side, all those great directors we listed for 2 pages, they can now do non-star wars stuff.

Yeah, I lie about that kind of stuff all the time.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm as equally excited as I am disappointed. :/

Add me on the side who's totally unimpressed by this news. :\

I have zero faith in JJ to not totally fuck this up...

I'd probably have something to say had they picked Ron Howard.
    Movie Theater Diary

Where's David Yates in all this?

Evil mind, evil sword. Ivan Drago's Avatar
    How original.
    Last Five Films I've Seen (Out of 5)

The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and the Horse (Mackesy, 2022) 4.5
    Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (Crawford, 2022) 4
    Confess, Fletch (Mottola, 2022) 3.5
    M3GAN (Johnstone, 2023) 3.5
    Turning Red (Shi, 2022) 4.5
    Tokyo Story (Ozu, 1953) 5

615 Film
    Letterboxd

The Force Awakens was bloody fantastic and the best Star Wars since Empire.

This is great news.

JJ Abrams' movies are solid.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast