Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1183

Thread: Star Wars Saga Discussion

Quote Quoting Peng (view post)
    Doubtful for me, since if that is so, won't the GoT backlash work in similar way as well, maybe even stronger because I feel it's more pervasive? It's not just the diehard fans or the critics, but normal watchers of the show as well. Go into any article, on its own site or twitter/facebook posts of this news, and it's quite a thing to see 90%+ of the reactions all hostile, pessimistic, and/or negative.
    Luckily, they have the other seven seasons in their pocket to work from, including two-ish non-GRRM seasons that brought GoT to a Star Wars-hype. If they came in on Season 8, that may be a whole different cookie.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Lazlo (view post)
    I think Solo's performance probably made them blink more than TLJ.
    For sure. I think people who hated TLJ are louder saying that's the cause (not anyone on MC btw, I mean irl for me) because they want it to be. One could also say the mixed reaction to TFA (as far as being more homage/remake of part 4) is why TLJ underperformed. I dont agree with either take. Look to the films who's directors got punted and half the films remade for their decision to pull back. Far more logical than them caring about critical response.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Oh no.

RLM has a new theory about the Rise of Skywalker movie. And I'm 100% convinced they are correct. And it's such a terrible idea.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Spoilers, please. It's a 40 minute video.

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Spoilers, please. It's a 40 minute video.
    [
    ]

[
    ]
    Ugh.

I don't buy that. I doubt that would be a good move.

Edit: Watched the entire video. There was nothing good about anything in there. Those guys are the worst kind of Star Wars fans...the kind that bitch nonstop about everything, claim they should've stopped after A New Hope, and will pay as much money as needed to see a new Star Wars film midnight opening night in Imax.
    Last edited by Skitch; 07-15-2019 at 08:28 PM.

It'd likely have been the Empire trying to travel back in time to save Vader and Palpatine, right?

I don't buy it either.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Keep in mind .... The guy who wrote Justice League and Batman v Superman wrote this movie.

And Skitch you're wrong about them. They are actually really big star wars fans (way bigger Star Trek fans), just not fans of the prequels or new movies lately. So pretty much the same as everyone else on the planet minus the collider shills.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    I don't buy that. I doubt that would be a good move.

Edit: Watched the entire video. There was nothing good about anything in there. Those guys are the worst kind of Star Wars fans...the kind that bitch nonstop about everything, claim they should've stopped after A New Hope, and will pay as much money as needed to see a new Star Wars film midnight opening night in Imax.
    I agree those folks are the worst.

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Keep in mind .... The guy who wrote Justice League and Batman v Superman wrote this movie.

And Skitch you're wrong about them. They are actually really big star wars fans (way bigger Star Trek fans), just not fans of the prequels or new movies lately. So pretty much the same as everyone else on the planet minus the collider shills.
    Oh I'm not defending ep9. I know nothing about it, nor do I have any expectations.

Dude in that video alone they took shots at every SW sequel and several ST movies. They literally said they should've stopped after A New Hope. They're allowed to have their opinions, but I'm allowed to not care about them. They also got several things incorrect about the SW universe in general, but I'm done arguing with TLJ haters.

They actually didn’t say they should have stopped after A New Hope. They said that A New Hope was filmed without any sequels in mind, because it wasn’t expected to be a success, so they COULD have stopped there, and they compared that to how Ep7 KNEW it was getting sequels, and was therefore was filmed with sequels in mind.

Like Duke said though, they do like the originals, but they’re the kind of people who enjoy poking fun at the things that they love. It’s typically good natured most of the time though.

Okay, well it was implied.

Quote Quoting Skitch (view post)
    Oh I'm not defending ep9. I know nothing about it, nor do I have any expectations.

Dude in that video alone they took shots at every SW sequel and several ST movies. They literally said they should've stopped after A New Hope. They're allowed to have their opinions, but I'm allowed to not care about them. They also got several things incorrect about the SW universe in general, but I'm done arguing with TLJ haters.
    In context, they said that in jest when they were talking about character archs, and how Finn's arch will be repeated a third time (a joke). AND that ANP had an actual ending with every character arch wrapped because they didnt know there would be 7 sequels.

edit: Whopos. TGM nailed it.

Okay well clearly I can't tell when these guys are "joking".

- - - - -
    My problem with that theory:

[
    ]
    Last edited by Irish; 07-16-2019 at 01:16 AM.

That's the idea Irish. Your last sentence is my fear. Almost like what they did in [
    ]

Eh, but Days of Future Past is an iconic storyline that shaped the entire X-Men universe in the comics. It has existed as an X-Men "thing" since the 1980s. I don't know much about the Star Wars expanded universe but it seems to me they never did time travel.

- - - - -
    "Days of Future Past" used time travel as a jumping off point. I don't have a problem with hand waving there because the movie's really about those characters in a 70s setting. (Besides, time travel seems more plausible in a comic book universe than a Star Wars one --- would anybody blink if Reed Richards announced he'd developed a time machine on page 1 of the next issue of "Fantastic Four"?)

"Star Wars" though, ugh. The producers introduced rando force powers into the mix lately and it struck me as contrived every time, even in a fantasy.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    "Days of Future Past" used time travel as a jumping off point. I don't have a problem with hand waving there because the movie's really about those characters in a 70s setting. (Besides, time travel seems more plausible in a comic book universe than a Star Wars one ---
    Except the writer for this movie is a comic book writer....

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    Eh, but Days of Future Past is an iconic storyline that shaped the entire X-Men universe in the comics. It has existed as an X-Men "thing" since the 1980s. I don't know much about the Star Wars expanded universe but it seems to me they never did time travel.

And my point being, it was never established anywhere that Kitty Pryde had powers to time travel. She time traveled once in some obscure story, but not that she had powers to do so. Nor did the movies ever setup the idea that she had said powers.

- - - - -
    Except the writer for this movie is a comic book writer....
    But Star Wars isn't a comic book universe.

Anyway, I'm saying it wouldn't make sense. I don't think RLM's theory flies because I'm pretty sure the producers on Star Wars realize this.

(BTW, there are 4 credited writers, JJ among them. Treverrow and his writing partner are still in there, but I'm not afraid of dinosaurs showing up in Star Wars.)

And my point being, it was never established anywhere that Kitty Pryde had powers to time travel. She time traveled once in some obscure story, but not that she had powers to do so. Nor did the movies ever setup the idea that she had said powers.
    At the risk of going full nerd here, it was Rachel Summers (Cyclops and Jean's daughter) who sent her back through time in the comics, and she was a new character at the time, created for that particular storyline.

EDIT: And it's Wolverine who's sent back in the movie.
    Last edited by Grouchy; 07-16-2019 at 02:35 AM.

I had no problem with Days of Future Past. They approached it with a storyline from the future that eventually went into the "present." It worked.

I suppose the same can be done of Star Wars. Unfortunately, I don't have much faith in this upcoming movie, only finishing it because of the trilogy. I'm more interested in the Mandalorian TV Show.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    My problem with that theory:

[
    ]
    [
    ]
    Last edited by TGM; 07-16-2019 at 03:00 AM.

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast