Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879
Results 1,951 to 1,969 of 1969

Thread: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

My roommate and I have actually gotten pretty bitter in our contentions about seasons six and seven (which she says shouldn't exist and I say I HIT YOU.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    My roommate and I have actually gotten pretty bitter in our contentions about seasons six and seven (which she says shouldn't exist and I say I HIT YOU.)
    Season six is the best season, and therefore absolutely should exist. It's ending isn't satisfactory as the conclusion of the series, so a seventh season was necessary. That said, the season seven they went with fell apart halfway through, and wasn't satisfactory either, so I can relate to arguments that it shouldn't exist, but only in place of a better endgame.

Season 7 had some significant problems, but I still maintain that the final two seasons are emotionally interesting and give the show some maturity and gravitas.

Also, and this may be shallow, but I love Andrew.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Season 6 is great but yeah 7 is balls minus one or two eps.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Not inspiring a lot of confidence here guys :P
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Season 7 beat up my great aunt.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Season 7 beat up my great aunt.
    Don't forget how it also raped her.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Don't forget how it also raped her.
    ...But it didn't. Why would you say this? That's fucked up.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Not inspiring a lot of confidence here guys :P
    Ah, everyone loves to dump on season 7. It's not that bad.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    ...But it didn't. Why would you say this? That's fucked up.
    Oh, that must have been someone else's great aunt. I do know season 7 is a sex offender, just got the wrong aunt I suppose.
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Ah, everyone loves to dump on season 7. It's not that bad.
    I watched some of the first Season 7 episode and then turned it off. Perhaps it was because I had been watching Buffy all night long and was finally tired, or maybe because what I saw was kind of eh. Its really weird how [
    ]

And Buffy worrying about mom hair was kind of funny. The new principal btw is played by the actor who played Wayne Palmer on 24.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    mid season 7 is largely forgettable but end season 7 is great. Season 6 is greatness, you have my permission to hit your roommate.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Hey, I posted a thing about this show on my thing. My favorite episodes. If you don't wanna click the blog (I won't judge you), they are:

[
    ]

After suddenly getting on the subject with my roommate last night, I ended up rewatching TiMER. It was her first time seeing it.

And you know what? Upon a rewatch, I think I actually like it. I think it's a good film.

It's not a perfect film, certainly. But I found the premise interesting, the characters engaging, and the conclusion actually really sad. My roommate and I talked about the implications of the film for quite a while afterwards.

(Yes, for whatever reason, this goes in the BtVS thread.)

EDIT: My roommate actually cried. Because of the sadness.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Okay so I've fallen behind on commenting on episodes because I'm already on the 9th episode.

Lessons was entertaining and not a bad start to Season 7. Some lighthearted moments after a dark Season 6 finale. I like the ending, but Spike [
    ] reminded me a little too much of when they made Logan whinny and lame in Season 3 of Veronica Mars.

Beneath You is pretty solid, although its more "Monster of the week" style material. I liked what they are doing with Anya though as a character, and I'm glad she's still on the show.

Same Time, Same Place was really freaky and sad all at the same time. Poor Willow...its tough for her to come back after going all psycho in Season 6. The creature-whatever the hell that was-creeped me out something fierce.

Help was merely okay. I don't really care for the high school elements in Season 7 but I guess we are here at this point since Dawn is in high school and Buffy works at the school too.

Selfless was pretty great, as it deals with Anya and even featured flashbacks. [
    ] No more giant spiders for the love of God....and yes [
    ] I really liked that final scene, too.

Him sucked until the last 20 minutes when the episode became hilarious and entertaining. Still the high school scenes were awful and lame. Buffy with a rocket launcher made me smile.

Conversations With Dead People is pretty good, and I was surprised at what happened in that episode. [
    ]

Sleeper is another episode I liked. This season isn't great so far but its consistent. Spike is actually really sad this episode, and I'm reminded of the scene with him and Buffy in the old tomb with the cross. Also: [
    ]

I stopped there because I didn't want to keep watching and then realize its 7 or 8 in the morning and I'm almost finished with the season. Those marathons were not good for my sleep or my health.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Never Leave Me-Of course [
    ] I enjoyed this episode due to the amount of action involved. I also like that Spike is for some reason the key to what's going on. It makes sense as he's one of the older vampires. Oh and I couldn't believe it when [
    ]

Bring On The Night-Man I don't like any of the potentials except for Kennedy, who has an actual personality. The super vampire is freaking weird. And of course hard to kill. Spike's torture was really sad and gruesome.

Showetime-Finally Buffy fights the super uber vampire dude. And shows the young girls who foolishly question her skills and abilities who's the boss. Nice. The stuff with Giles and Anya trying to find out about The First reminded me of Big Trouble In Little China for some reason.

Potential-Awesome all around, with Dawn struggling with her identity and Buffy and Spike forcing the potentials to actually do something and not cry about how they're all doomed, blah blah. Also I laughed when that one friendly demon reveals what he actually looks like. I'm a bit bummed that they've put Anya and Xander on the back burner, yet it makes sense as the main arch runs the show now.

The Killer In Me-There has been more humor and a bit of a lighter tone in this season, and it shows in this episode. I laughed when [
    ] Andrew is really funny so far while also still being really creepy. Loved the side plot with Kennedy and Willow, as it goes back to last season.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Okay so far I really like Season 7. The Potentials are mostly awful and make me want to hit the mute button, but otherwise I like Kennedy-Willow, the Spike and Buffy stuff, and the fact that Giles is back. The First is a creepy enough villain too. So far 7 is better than Seasons 1, 2, and 4 but not better than 3, 5, and 6.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

The great Buffy rewatch has been going on for a couple of weeks now. I bought all of the seasons at Half Priced Books.

Also more on Season 7. I'm way deep into it.

I actually like Season 1 more now. Season 2 is mostly consistent. Season 3 rules-I'm finishing it now.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Interestingly enough I not only got to Pangs in time for Thanksgiving but I also viewed This Year's Girl right after watching the Season 7 episode where [
    ] I'm almost finished with Season 7-just three episodes left to go.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2969777879