Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Oh, I like Tara as a character and as an actress, although she is certainly awkward at first. She acquires a sort of clarity or serenity as her character develops.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Oh, I like Tara as a character and as an actress, although she is certainly awkward at first. She acquires a sort of clarity or serenity as her character develops.
    Good to know. Her fake stammering both times that Willow was talking to her about the decision she had to make was embarrassing. Thus far, she's mediocre at best, just plain bad at worst. The actress, not the character, of course.

She loses the stammer (which was never very convincing) as she becomes more confident. I really like the way she's used in the season finale (which KICKS ASS, by the way) and I'm interested to see what you think of her there.

Restless will be the highest-ranking episode of mine that you'll have seen so far. It's #5.
    ...and the milk's in me.

WHAT the FUCK???? They're showing things in the "Previously on Buffy" section that NEVER HAPPENED! Angel and Buffy together, Buffy hitting Angel and Angel hitting her back. What the HELL is going ON? Did I miss an episode because Netflix doesn't have it?

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    WHAT the FUCK???? They're showing things in the "Previously on Buffy" section that NEVER HAPPENED! Angel and Buffy together, Buffy hitting Angel and Angel hitting her back. What the HELL is going ON? Did I miss an episode because Netflix doesn't have it?
    They're actually flashing to a Buffy/Angel crossover episode that happened on Angel. You don't need to see it to understand what happens, but I can check up and give a quick summary.
    ...and the milk's in me.

They're actually flashing to a Buffy/Angel crossover episode that happened on Angel. You don't need to see it to understand what happens, but I can check up and give a quick summary.
    Ah, crap. I should have guessed that. They might have mentioned that, rather than saying "Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer." I'll just forge ahead. I'd rather not see any more of Angel than I have to anyway.

Checking... okay. Here's what happened on Angel.

[
    ]
    ...and the milk's in me.

Didn't much care for "The Yoko Factor". The whole thing felt... childish. From Riley and Angel to everyone in the gang falling for Spike's tricks (why wouldn't they be more suspicious?). I know they're all at vulnerable points in their lives, but that all happened a bit too easily. And I'm not sure why no one noticed what was happening when it was clear that no one said anything about Xander going into the army. Eh, anyway. Onward and upward.

Well, sort of. "Primeval" is about comparable.

EDIT: Although I love the moment when Giles drunkenly stumbles upstairs, shedding his shirt, and then is all shocked when he finds out about Willow and Tara. Because Giles is hot.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Speaking of men being attractive, that quick review over at Angel reminded me of something important.

Rawr.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I like Primeval's self-awareness with how the initiative storyline failed. It's one of the best balls out action set pieces in the show, too. Good, but not great, episode.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    I like Primeval's self-awareness with how the initiative storyline failed. It's one of the best balls out action set pieces in the show, too. Good, but not great, episode.
    Kind of how I felt, though I think I liked it a bit less than you. I'm quite interested to see how the last episode plays out, considering everything seems wrapped up. Can't wait.

Rawr.
    Seconded.

What's a rogue demon?

"Restless" was fantastic, but I was hoping the storyline would carry over into the next season in a more direct, concrete way. The one thing that bothers me about Buffy thus far is that every season is so self-contained. Any major problem is dealt with by season's end. There isn't enough carry-over. I was hoping this would be different, and perhaps it is and I just don't know it yet, but aside from the "Buffy has no idea what's coming" premonition, everything was pretty much spic and span again, in a tragic, things will never be the same kind of way.

I think the threat of cancellation always made them tie everything up pretty neatly. Although "Restless" is, in its dream-like way, extremely prescient of the fifth season.

My write-up, with much edited out:

[
    ]
    ...and the milk's in me.

I actually like that Buffy's seasons are self-contained. It's a unique show where even if you aren't an obsessed fan you can tell which season an episode is from after about ten minutes. Compared to a show like Mad Men where that's unlikely. That's not necessarily a strength, but I find it unique. What is a strength is that by wrapping up storylines year to year, the show is allowed room to adapt and grow. There is no other show that I have seen where the characters and tone evolve more drastically from opening to close. Buffy is a story with seven chapters, not a seven-year long anthology.

EDIT: You may change your mind about your gripe, K-Fan, once you've seen the series in its entirety. The next three seasons progressively take a turn for the darker, more dramatic side.

Okay. Yes. Season Three is when Angel goes bonkers. Also, it's on Netflix Instant Watch! Also, Cordelia looks awful as a blond.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Okay. Yes. Season Three is when Angel goes bonkers. Also, it's on Netflix Instant Watch! Also, Cordelia looks awful as a blond.
    i just watched the ballet episode yesterday. loved it. cordelia saying 'i'm only alive when you're inside me' is kind of the best thing ever.

i like the short hair and the highlights don't really bother me either. i'm told it gets worse though.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    i just watched the ballet episode yesterday. loved it. cordelia saying 'i'm only alive when you're inside me' is kind of the best thing ever.
    I think that was the sexiest scene in the whole series. Yowsers.

Summer Glau is so freaking pretty in that episode, too.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I think that was the sexiest scene in the whole series. Yowsers.
    the sexiest scene whedon has ever done.

it's odd though cause it's really funny too. like when cordy says that line part of me is thinking *drool* and part of me is thinking 'i need to be angel right now' but at the same time i'm chuckling.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    the sexiest scene whedon has ever done.
    Hmmm. Maybe.

Sexiest scene in Buffy is in season 6, Smashed.

Sexiest scene in Firefly is that Good Bible one. (Yeah, I admit it.)

Dollhouse I don't really recall any in particular... but it would probably be Victor and Sierra.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Did you know Andy Hallett (Lorne) died tragically a little over a year ago? He was only 33. :sad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Hallett
    ...and the milk's in me.

Sexiest scene in Buffy is in season 6, Smashed.
    Definitely. In a twisted way I also think Faith seducing Riley in Buffy's body is hot. And when Faith talks to Spike at The Bronze in Buffy's body....

...I think I just like it when SMG talks dirty.

PS I can't wait for KF to get into season 5. Whedon's finest work.

Started it today. Buffy Vs. Dracula was a solid start. Xander was fantastic. Not sure about the introduction of a sister. Seems cheap and gimmicky.

Page 18 of 79 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast