Thread: Sexiest character?

Sexiest character?

*votes Heathcliff*

I have trouble finding fictional characters sexy. However, if forced to choose one, I'd go with Nastasya Filippovna from The Idiot. Mmm... tormented.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

First thing that comes to mind is Margarita from The Master and Margarita. Gotta love naked nighttime flying over Russia.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (NoƩ, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

I like Diablo Cody's wit in her memoir. THat's as close as it gets for literature I guess.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    I like Diablo Cody's wit in her memoir. THat's as close as it gets for literature I guess.
    Yeah, I pretty much fell in love with Sarah Vowell through her writing, but I can't think of a literary character that I've found particularly sexy.

Not that I wouldn't be open to such a thing. You hear that, fictitious ladies?

Quote Quoting Melville (view post)
    I have trouble finding fictional characters sexy. However, if forced to choose one, I'd go with Nastasya Filippovna from The Idiot. Mmm... tormented.
    She has the sexiest name of any female character, too.

I only find people sexy if they could've stepped from a novel. Preferably gothic. :P

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    I've always kinda had a thing for Avril Incandenza from Infinite Jest. mmm, agoraphobia.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    as answered before, my one and only literature lust is the trial's leni. i don't know why, but i always picture her in a kinky hentai sorta costume. yummy!
    "Over analysis is like the oil of the Match-Cut machine." KK2.0

Yup, Heathcliff is so many levels of hot. Also Phillip Marlowe.
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Quoting SpaceOddity (view post)
    I only find people sexy if they could've stepped from a novel. Preferably gothic. :P
    On a non-gothic, non-sexy note, have you read the German Romantics? I highly recommend The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe. Its style might be a bit more restrained than what you like, but it pretty much epitomizes the Romantic ideal of unrequited love.
    I am impatient of all misery in others that is not mad. Thou should'st go mad, blacksmith; say, why dost thou not go mad? How can'st thou endure without being mad? Do the heavens yet hate thee, that thou can'st not go mad?

lists and reviews

Quote Quoting Philosophe_rouge (view post)
    Yup, Heathcliff is so many levels of hot.
    *shakes fist*

Don't go coveting my Heathcliff.

*possessive*

On a non-gothic, non-sexy note, have you read the German Romantics? I highly recommend The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe. Its style might be a bit more restrained than what you like, but it pretty much epitomizes the Romantic ideal of unrequited love.
    I read it. *nods*

I wanna be Bettina Brentano.

http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/s...027455,00.html

I wanna be Bettina Brentano.[/url]
    I had a professor with the name Bettina. I'd always wondered where it came from.
    Memories of the Future

"Criticism can be monumentally creative, of course, at times highly artistic, highly personal. But it rarely relates to the work of art being assessed. It is an expression of the critic's own subjectivity." -Joyce Carol Oates, Journals

nightmare investigator monolith94's Avatar
    I've always had a thing for Hester Prynne.
    "Modern weapons can defend freedom, civilization, and life only by annihilating them. Security in military language means the ability to do away with the Earth."
    -Ivan Illich, Deschooling Society

I read it. *nods*

I wanna be Bettina Brentano.

http://books.guardian.co.uk/review/s...027455,00.html
    That's an awesome link. I had never even heard of her before. She seems like she was made to be your hero (or made herself to be). "My soul is a passionate dancer," indeed.

Have you read Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship? I'm wondering if I should read more Goethe.

lists and reviews

Lolita. Oh I mean...

That's an awesome link. I had never even heard of her before. She seems like she was made to be your hero (or made herself to be). "My soul is a passionate dancer," indeed.

Have you read Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship? I'm wondering if I should read more Goethe.
    Faust is pretty much essential.

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)
    Faust is pretty much essential.
    I've already read it. However, I think I completely missed the greatness of the second half, so I should probably revisit it someday.

lists and reviews

I haven't read anything else by him. *hides*
    *votes Beethoven*

Who are your heroes?
    *curious*

Who are your heroes?
    *curious*
    I don't really have any. I'm quite fond of the famous stories about Dostoevsky: particularly his bitter feud with Turgenev, followed by his begging Turgenev for gambling money after his wife refused to support his addiction; and his eulogy for Pushkin that resulted in the crowd pronouncing him "genius," "saint," and "prophet." Something about the grim, ironic contrast of those stories is just too good to pass up.

lists and reviews

Estella