Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Glee

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Any of you watch Nip/Tuck?
    love nip/tuck

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Any of you watch Nip/Tuck?
    Nope. Seemed like trashy nonsense to me. No one has convinced me it's anything else.

Ryan Murphy is really good at curveball drama, often at the cost of logic. He might try something different with Glee, but from the character set-ups, I think we will see the same kind of writing. It's not going to be as deliciously trashy just for the fact that Nip/Tuck was a deliberate soap opera parody centering around beauty as a theme and this is more of a riff on musicals centering around expression, but I think some of that type of storytelling will start to creep in. We'll see some gay curiosity and a rape or two soon enough, I'm sure. I liked that the second episode focused heavily on sex.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

a rape or two
    I certainly hope not.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I certainly hope not.
    But what will the music heal?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

i can see a date rape possibly happening (as opposed to a violent attack), but even then, none of the characters seem scummy enough to do that, and having some random football jock doing it would be pretty trite

I was thinking the fat coach forcing himself on Jayma Mays.
    Movie Theater Diary

I was thinking the fat coach forcing himself on Jayma Mays.
    that would just be cruel

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Loved the first episode was let down by the second.

loved tonight's episode. i kind of hope the show just continues with sue going after glee club like wile e. coyote goes after the roadrunner, with each scheme getting more elaborate than the last

The baby thing is going to be such a train wreck. I can't even imagine. Not a bad third episode. But I'm getting some huge deja vu from the grueling professional choreographer coming in to help angle. I'm sure it's not new, but I can't place it specifically.

Quite a few interesting angles.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

Not sure if this ep was just not as funny or if the style of humor is waning on me. Didn't really care for ep 3.

Didn't care for this last one either. Not only was the humor nonexistent, I'm finding the inconsistencies of the characters a problem. Mr. Shuster has gone from loving Glee, to leaving for a new job, to staying and loving them and committing to them again, to feeling apathetic and focusing on his Acafellas group, to recommitting himself, all in the span of three episodes. The QB's constant waffling is just as irritating. Jane Lynch and Lea Michelle are the highlights, and if it continues in this way, even they won't be enough to keep me watching.

Agree about the baby thing. Total trainwreck, and just ridiculous. Kill it quickly.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Agree about the baby thing. Total trainwreck, and just ridiculous. Kill it quickly.
    Well I didn't quite mean in the sense that it's wholly ridiculous but rather that it would be very difficult to resolve in a satisfying way, to me at least. I can't see how they'd do it, and stretching it out over the course of the season would be kinda painful and awkward all around. Hmmm....
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

the baby thing is definitely a ryan murphy thing. reminds me of a plot-line from nip/tuck last season

[
    ]

What the show lacks in funny it makes up for with slutty cheerleader outfits.

But seriously, yeah, charm is wearing off. Need more substance quick.

I do enjoy that in high school movies or television, any amount of cash can be raised in a single day of dedicated car washing.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    I do enjoy that in high school movies or television, any amount of cash can be raised in a single day of dedicated car washing.
    That was pretty good.

--Homer

Quote Quoting Spinal (view post)
    What the show lacks in funny it makes up for with slutty cheerleader outfits.
    I'm really over the cheerleader outfits, despite it being mildly funny that the cheerleaders are never shown wearing anything else.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Not funny? I laughed for two minutes straight at the cake and "There's a lot of moms out there, right?"
    Movie Theater Diary

Not funny? I laughed for two minutes straight at the cake and "There's a lot of moms out there, right?"
    i think you and i might be the only ones who will enjoy it all the way through

I haven't laughed out loud since the pilot. And I really want this show to succeed.
    Coming to America (Landis, 1988) **
    The Beach Bum (Korine, 2019) *1/2
    Us (Peele, 2019) ***1/2
    Fugue (Smoczynska, 2018) ***1/2
    Prisoners (Villeneuve, 2013) ***1/2
    Shadow (Zhang, 2018) ***
    Oslo, August 31st (J. Trier, 2011) ****
    Climax (Noé, 2018) **1/2
    Fighting With My Family (Merchant, 2019) **
    Upstream Color (Carruth, 2013) ***

That got a small chuckle out of me, nothing more.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Didn't care for this last one either. Not only was the humor nonexistent, I'm finding the inconsistencies of the characters a problem. Mr. Shuster has gone from loving Glee, to leaving for a new job, to staying and loving them and committing to them again, to feeling apathetic and focusing on his Acafellas group, to recommitting himself, all in the span of three episodes. The QB's constant waffling is just as irritating. Jane Lynch and Lea Michelle are the highlights, and if it continues in this way, even they won't be enough to keep me watching.

People in Glee Club are complete drama queens though so their indecisive bullshit kind of works on that level.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I'm really over the cheerleader outfits.
    This is because you do not have a penis.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

this was my favorite episode yet

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast