Thread: Beatles Remasters

Beatles Remasters

these have started to surface, and i've scooped a few up. i ABed the new stereo remaster of abbey road with the CD version i own. the difference is unreal. it's almost like hearing it again for the first time.

here's a pretty good review and comparison of the different mixes

Montage, s'il vous plait? Raiders's Avatar
    I missed the chance to pre-order the stereo box set on Amazon but I signed up to be immediately notified when more become available. They took the price down. Anyone know what it was?
    Recently Viewed:
    Thor: The Dark World (2013) **½
    The Counselor (2013) *½
    Walden (1969) ***
    A Hijacking (2012) ***½
    Before Midnight (2013) ***

Films By Year

Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I missed the chance to pre-order the stereo box set on Amazon but I signed up to be immediately notified when more become available. They took the price down. Anyone know what it was?
    i think it lists for ~210, but i'm not sure what amazon was selling it at.

i'm really excited to hear the mono mixes of the early albums. i don't like the way some of the stereo mixes are with vocals only in one ear. still, the stereo remaster of revolver sounds alot better than the current CD.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Raiders (view post)
    I preordered it from amazon, the price is/was $179.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    You know, I didn't think it was possible to make Revolver sound better... and it turns out it isn't. It just sounds different.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Quote Quoting Milky Joe (view post)
    You know, I didn't think it was possible to make Revolver sound better... and it turns out it isn't. It just sounds different.
    i don't agree. the mix is the same. the bass is deeper the highs are crisper and everything is clearer. it's not as muddled as the 87 master was.