Page 99 of 524 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how I feel about Friday Night Lights. Sometimes it's really awesome, but sometimes it feels like it just alternates between scenes of yelling and scenes of crying.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I'm not sure how I feel about Friday Night Lights. Sometimes it's really awesome, but sometimes it feels like it just alternates between scenes of yelling and scenes of crying.
    Felt that way a bit myself, but looking back at high school, that's a lot of what was going on in the hallways and in friends houses. Still, I think the show is rewarding enough to forgive its flaws. The finale of the third season (which most thought was the series finale before DirecTV saved them again) is one of the best finales I've ever seen.

Hey, one of the chicklets from my movie is in FNL. Briefly.

Glad she's still getting work, I guess.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Hey, one of the chicklets from my movie is in FNL. Briefly.

Glad she's still getting work, I guess.
    Looks like she's going to be in five episodes, actually.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Looks like she's going to be in five episodes, actually.
    Who is she?

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Who is she?
    Suzy-- tattoo artist that Jason meets at rugby tryouts.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Hey, KF.

[
    ]
    ...and the milk's in me.

Hey, KF.

[
    ]
    Definitely. The Taylor's are the best thing about the show. That sort of "drama" continues throughout the seasons, but in that same way. The writers have created a wonderful family dynamic.

Suzy-- tattoo artist that Jason meets at rugby tryouts.
    Ah, yes. I remember her.

Street is actually my least favorite part of the show. After this season, he kind of hangs around, but the writers don't really know what to do with him.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    Street is actually my least favorite part of the show. After this season, he kind of hangs around, but the writers don't really know what to do with him.
    That's too bad. I like him this season, and I like the quad rugby stuff.
    ...and the milk's in me.

On top of True Blood, I've also started to watch Mad Men. I'm only 3 episodes in, but it's a very difficult show to feel a connection with. Instead of the characters and storylines, I'm finding that the only aspect that propels me to watch the show is the depiction of the times. This may be a strange comparison, but it reminds me of The Aviator in that regard. Flawless execution of setting; lackluster development.

I'm moving on to the second season of FNL, and Tim Riggin's looks have improved dramatically. I think that he has stopped squinting, and possibly has pushed her hair back a little.

Washing it still wouldn't hurt.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    3 episodes into Firefly and I wish I would have watched this sooner, it's really fun stuff.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    3 episodes into Firefly and I wish I would have watched this sooner, it's really fun stuff.
    What the hell?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    What the hell?
    ?
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Yeah, it's great.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Scott of the Antarctic Milky Joe's Avatar
    Netflix Instant Viewing + Monty Python's Flying Circus = endless delight and amusement.
    ‎The severed arm perfectly acquitted itself, because of the simplicity of its wishes and its total lack of doubt.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    ?
    I think he's just surprised that there was a person that existed who hadn't watched it yet.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    On top of True Blood, I've also started to watch Mad Men. I'm only 3 episodes in, but it's a very difficult show to feel a connection with. Instead of the characters and storylines, I'm finding that the only aspect that propels me to watch the show is the depiction of the times. This may be a strange comparison, but it reminds me of The Aviator in that regard. Flawless execution of setting; lackluster development.
    Stick with it. The development isn't exactly lackluster, it's more of a rewarding slow burn. The 'big stuff' ends up feeling earned, rather than forced. It's a show that holds its cards close to its chest, true, but in doing so, it offers up a really enigmatic story that doesn't promote laziness insofar as you're constantly trying to scrutinize the characters, reevaluating wrong assumptions and marveling at hidden sides/depths you didn't think were there. It really doesn't seem like the type of show where precipitate judgments end up being validated as things just get increasingly better, right up to its powerful second season finale. Don Draper is a particularly fascinating character and the show deals with some rich themes while refusing to concede to the rote sensationalism/thrills of other shows. Watch up until the first season finale, and if you don't feel a connection by then... well, I'd be surprised and confused.

I love the Discovery Channel.

Greg Gunberg, of Heroes fame, has apparently been possessed by the spirit of Billy Mays:

http://twitter.com/greggrunberg
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

FNL Season 2:

[
    ]

Other than that, I'm really liking what they're doing. Riggins especially is fascinating this year, and I like seeing cracks in the Taylor's perfect home.
    ...and the milk's in me.

FNL Season 2:

[
    ]

Other than that, I'm really liking what they're doing. Riggins especially is fascinating this year, and I like seeing cracks in the Taylor's perfect home.
    Yep. The creator was against it from the start, but they went through with it anyway, and it had such a strong negative reaction that they just ushered it out as quickly as possible.

I'm so glad you're liking it. I can't wait until you see the season three finale.

Oh, man. I just got to the food fight in the cafeteria with the visiting team, and it is absolutely awesome. It's worth watching the entire series just to see Tyra slam a football player into a glass door.

Whee!
    ...and the milk's in me.

Some coach just ran on the field and tackled a player and IF THIS SHOW MAKES ME END UP LIKING FOOTBALL, I BLAME YOU, KF. I BLAME YOU.
    ...and the milk's in me.