Page 465 of 524 FirstFirst ... 365415455463464465466467475515 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,625 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Did anyone here ever watch Paranoia Agent? Going through it now, and I'm quite impressed. Didn't expect it to be so multi-dimensional and... mature. Five eps in, but hope it continues.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Yeah, Paranoia Agent is incredible. I personally found that it never lost its way.

Here's my off-the-cuff attempt at a best current shows list:

Rick & Morty
    Louie
    Community
    Girls
    Bob's Burgers
    Veep

That's ranked, and I think that's about all I'm watching these days. Leaving out variety shows and anime (Space Dandy would be there for sure if I were, since it's continuing).

Watching Happy Endings. It's nice to see a show like this where, unlike HIMYM or Friends, the characters actually feel like a plausible group of friends. Also it's funnier than those other shows. Adam Pally is hilarious.

Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    Did anyone here ever watch Paranoia Agent? Going through it now, and I'm quite impressed. Didn't expect it to be so multi-dimensional and... mature. Five eps in, but hope it continues.
    Yeah, it's good. It's the kind of show that gets stranger and stranger until you think there's no way it could possibly solve it's own mystery and make any sense and yet it somehow does.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Watching Happy Endings. It's nice to see a show like this where, unlike HIMYM or Friends, the characters actually feel like a plausible group of friends. Also it's funnier than those other shows. Adam Pally is hilarious.
    Yeah, the second and third seasons are especially hilarious. The cast plays off each other really well.

These are so great.

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

So, HBO may make their shows available through Amazon Prime, which means I may get a subscription to Amazon Prime.

EDIT: Only shows over 3 years old, which means Game of Thrones is out. I might consider a temporary subscription so I can watch The Wire, but outside of that ...

I've finally done it: I've culled some shows. Modern Family had it coming a long time ago, Girls I'm ambivalent about.

Just too much TV these days to keep up with. The amount of times I've had conversations with my peers just about television has gotten out of control.

Next up, finishing shows that aren't around anymore: Paranoia Agent, Enlightened, Seinfeld, Treme, Top of the Lake, The Story of Film.

Then the joy in knowing some of the shows I'm watching are about to end: Californication, True Blood, The Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire, Hello Ladies (make that special already!), Sons of Anarchy.

That should free up some time. Considering dropping The Walking Dead as well, after the announcement the show might run for 10+ seasons. It's a crushing bore.

Anyone else trying to break the TV addiction? Or are you guys better than I am at quitting shows?
    Last movies seen

Last TV seasons watched

Currently reading

Well, Enlightened was a great show. A shame it got cancelled, but the ending's satisfying enough.
    Last movies seen

Last TV seasons watched

Currently reading

Anybody watched Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown? I'm three episodes in on Netflix and it's a similar formula to No Reservations, except he appears to be visiting places that tourists typically don't want to visit. Good show. Worth checking out. The third episode, where he visits Lybia, is particularly interesting.

Comedy Central has put the first 8 episodes of Review up for free on youtube FYI.

http://gothamist.com/2014/04/27/vide..._watch_th.php#.

So, Parts Unknown is keeping with the "going to places nobody wants to visit," theme by going to Montreal. It looked like an absolute nightmare of a place, full of snow and French and .... CANADIANS. *shudder*

Okay, so I was wrong about the format of the show. It appears to be No Reservations with a bigger budget.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Anybody watched Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown? I'm three episodes in on Netflix and it's a similar formula to No Reservations, except he appears to be visiting places that tourists typically don't want to visit. Good show. Worth checking out. The third episode, where he visits Lybia, is particularly interesting.
    I've seen a few episodes of this show (as well as The Layover and No Reservations), and it's pretty great. Bourdain's persona is kind of grating occasionally.

Quote Quoting Mitty (view post)
    Bourdain's persona is kind of grating occasionally.
    http://the-toast.net/2014/04/22/anthony-bourdain/
    Movie Theater Diary

Holy shit this was funny.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Holy shit this was funny.
    I believe that this this will be the third time I've mentioned on MC how much I freaking love The Toast. One of the best websites there is, period.
    ...and the milk's in me.

By the way, the second season of Moone Boy was as great as the first. Utterly charming, short, and easy to watch. There's really no excuse to not see it. (Both seasons stream on Hulu.)
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    So, Parts Unknown is keeping with the "going to places nobody wants to visit," theme by going to Montreal. It looked like an absolute nightmare of a place, full of snow and French and .... CANADIANS. *shudder*

Okay, so I was wrong about the format of the show. It appears to be No Reservations with a bigger budget.
    The Princess and the Pilot - B-
    Playtime (rewatch) - A
    The Hobbit - C-
    The Comedy - D+
    Kings of the Road - C+
    The Odd Couple - B
    Red Rock West - C-
    The Hunger Games - D-
    Prometheus - C
    Tangled - C+

Quote Quoting Qrazy (view post)

I am amused by the decline of danger in the locations. Season 1 was like: Libya, Myanmar, Colombia, the Congo... and then in Season 2 he goes to Copenhagen, Tokyo, Detroit, New Mexico.
    Movie Theater Diary

William Fichtner has a show? WTF? Where do all these Euro-productions even air? I'm living in the damn continent and have never heard of 80% of this stuff.
    Last movies seen

Last TV seasons watched

Currently reading

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I am amused by the decline of danger in the locations. Season 1 was like: Libya, Myanmar, Colombia, the Congo... and then in Season 2 he goes to Copenhagen, Tokyo, Detroit, New Mexico.
    Agreed, but I like Bourdain, so he could visit Nebraska and I'd watch. The Congo episode depressed the hell out of me.

Michael McKean cast in Better Call Saul. I like this news.

I have a deep visceral need to rewatch Slings & Arrows immediately. I think everyone should join me.

Unless you have never watched it, it which case you get pity eyes and the shame finger.
    ...and the milk's in me.