Page 461 of 524 FirstFirst ... 361411451459460461462463471511 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,525 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    speaking of amazon prime, has anyone seen transparent? i loved it
    Yeah, it's wonderful. Hope it gets picked up to series.
    last four:
    black widow - 8
    zero dark thirty - 9
    the muse - 7
    freaky - 7

now reading:
    lonesome dove - larry mcmurtry

Letterboxd
    The Harrison Marathon - A Podcast About Harrison Ford

So... I'm back on Hannibal. Not sure what made me restart it, but what made me kept going was the fact that the episode I jumped back on had no serial-killer-of-the-week and focused almost entirely on Gina Torres' cancer subplot, and she was wonderful. The show can be pretty compelling with the sad mopey characters and lengthy psychoanalysis scenes, it's just the procedural stuff that was killing me, and the first 5 episodes were so much about Will's dumb psychic empathy and dumb moose dreams. It's good that that's being toned down as the season progresses.

That fight scene in "Fromage" came out of nowhere. :lol:
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Raj from Orphan Black is deeply hot and should be in more things.

/drive by shallowness
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Raj from Orphan Black is deeply hot and should be in more things.

/drive by shallowness
    Every time he shows up I'm like, "Oh, Raj. I love him."

Paul is boring.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quick season 1 Veronica Mars question. We went from an episode where Adam Scott is busted for being a teacher who sleeps with students (bad) to Veronica dating Schmidt a deputy sheriff (good) in the next episode. How old are Veronica and Schmidt supposed to be?
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    Quick season 1 Veronica Mars question. We went from an episode where Adam Scott is busted for being a teacher who sleeps with students (bad) to Veronica dating Schmidt a deputy sheriff (good) in the next episode. How old are Veronica and Schmidt supposed to be?
    Veronica is 17 and I think Leo is 19 or 20. (They do, at one point, count the months age difference.) I think it's seen as a different animal because they are closer in age, there is no position of power being abused, Leo isn't manipulative or coercing Veronica, and they're not sleeping together.

Also, Leo is adorable. So there's that.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Was creepier when Buffy was 16 and Angel was like 200.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Was creepier when Buffy was 16 and Angel was like 200.
    There's that one episode when we flashback to the first time he lurked in the shadows around her and he's saying, like, "I loved you from the moment I saw you" and we're all like SHE WAS 14 YOU CREEPING CREEPER.

Angel, you have problems.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Yeah and IIRC he was looking like a homeless bum and Buffy was a pigtailed bubblegum teeny bopper. I still can't figure out if that revelation was supposed to be romantic or creepy. Surely Whedon was aware?!

Wow! The second-to-last episode in TNG, Preemptive Strike was just one unexpected turn after the other. And that ending, so unlike anything you would expect in this show. I think they went against the show bible a bit, but it paid off. Another series best.

Season 7, WTF?? How is it possible to consist of only the best and worst episodes of the entire run of the show?

I didn't realize that Neil Marshall is directing the Hellblazer pilot.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Final episode of ST:TNG was appropriately bittersweet, if flawed. I enjoyed it.

[
    ]

Those Slates for Sarah pictures make me sad every time.

Neil Marshall? That's cool. I trust him.

It looks like Trophy Wife is going to be cancelled, and for the record, that's a shame. It has been consistently funny and the cast is top-notch (including the child actors.) This would easily catch my "cancelled too soon" Matchie so far this year.
    ...and the milk's in me.

More awesome Veronica Mars guest stars from first season: Ken Marino, Joey Lauren Adams and besides Zachary Ty Bryan who has been in multiple episodes we now have Jonathan Taylor Thomas.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Ken Marino singing Private Eyes to Veronica was one of the funniest moments in the show so far.
    TV Recently Finished:

Now that I've exhausted ST:TNG, I've grudgingly moved to DS9. I picked up where I last left off in S1. The episode I just watched was the one where imaginary characters like Rumplestilskin appear on the ship and that was it for me. That episode was mind-bogglingly dumb, so I said to hell with S1 and jumped to S2 (skipping maybe 5 eps). The first episode of S2 was already an improvement, if a little bland.

In Trophy Wife, Kate keeps mentioning that she wants her wedding to be like the one at end of the Muppets take Manhattan. I think they're going for a laugh, but in that case why did they choose one of the best weddings in all of film?

I totally cry during that scene. Not an exaggeration.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Awww, they played the "He Makes Me Happy" song.

*sniff*
    ...and the milk's in me.

Andy Daly's show Review is very funny.

He showed up on @Midnight in character and I got very confused by it ("Wait, isn't his name Andy Daly?").
    Movie Theater Diary

Finished out the first season of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. The last two episodes had a more interesting visual design and feel to them (to be fair, wolf faces always help), luxuriating in tension in a way that the rest of the season didn't. Jack, the police detective, could probably save a lot of time by just letting Miss Fisher aid more, but the romances, flirtations, and general mood are all quite fun. Excited that the showrunners have slowed down on Phryne's affairs, at least with exotic types, so that Jack can loom as a more logical option.

Really, though, it's all about Dot and the constable. That stuff makes the series.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Brian Michael Bendis' Powers is going to be the first PlayStation Network original show.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/sony...ource=dlvr.it/
    Movie Theater Diary

Finally watched the pilot of Orphan Black. One of the more memorable pilots I've seen in that the premise of the show is as elusive to its protagonist as the audience. It just hits the ground and we're riding along in a more intriguing and mysterious Ringer setup.