Page 422 of 524 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    I'm starting to loathe Wednesday night a little bit, at least as far as the TV is concerned.

There isn't much worth watching except maybe "Modern Family." Meanwhile, Tuesday and Thursday are packed with good shows. :/
    You should be watching The Americans.

Makers, on the other hand, ended up extremely watchable and enjoyable. It's by no means thorough, but it picks up on the women's movement starting with The Feminine Mystique and spends a lot of time in the 60's and 70's to the anti-feminist backlash of the early 80's, and then a little cursory overview to the present. They dug up some great women to interview, from the famous (Gloria Steinem, Hillary Clinton) to the obscure (housewives and coal miners) who all reflect back on how the movement happened and why it mattered.

They also spent some time on the failures of the feminist movement, like the initial condescending dismissal of minorities and homosexuals, as well and spending a surprising amount of time with Phyllis Schlafly discussing why the feminist movement was harmful and unnecessary. (She is a very aggravating woman, by the way.)

Even at three hours, the documentary feels quick and left me wanting more. If any of you want to check it out, the whole thing is streaming at the PBS website.
    ...and the milk's in me.

you're watching the wrong abc sitcom on wednesday nights irish

i love suburgatory

and i echo mara's recommendation of the americans

Supernatural is on Wednesdays.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I'm hesitant to create a thread in the subforum because I'm pretty sure it's getting cancelled soon, but is anyone checking out that show Cult on the CW? The premise is absolute nonsense, but it's way more promising than the other show about a cult of killers, The Following. They just moved it to Friday nights after two episodes, though. :lol:
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

was planning on watching it, but after i saw the abysmal ratings even-by-cw-standards it got, i decided not to

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I don't really get New Girl love. I like the show all right, but it's very much a steady B rating for me.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I don't really get New Girl love. I like the show all right, but it's very much a steady B rating for me.
    I wouldn't rate it any higher than a solid B either, but it's consistent. Perhaps I was being generous with the sounds of my praise.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    I wouldn't rate it any higher than a solid B either, but it's consistent. Perhaps I was being generous with the sounds of my praise.
    Nah, it hasn't just been you though, I seem to be seeing a lot of New Girl praise this week.

But I do agree, it is consistent.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    Nah, it hasn't just been you though, I seem to be seeing a lot of New Girl praise this week.

But I do agree, it is consistent.
    It's right up there as one of the best comedies on television right now.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    You should be watching The Americans.
    Tempted because you've talked it up a bit & I trust your opinion, but I'm not quite sure I can get by the premise.

Justified is definitely my kind of show. Thanks Amazon Prime!

Okay, I'm watching the most recent episode of Burning Love (clarify: episode 6) and I am snorting aloud at my desk. This series has really been consistently entertaining, but this might be the flat-out funniest episode.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Vegas episode 14 was not great. The characters went off the deep end a little bit. Nice Guy Jack made some real questionable decisions-- hiding his involvement in a death is one thing, but trying to pin it on someone else was a dick move. Plus, Catherine the ADA decided to become a thug pretty much on a hairpin turn. And the evil-car-racing plot was dumb dumb dumb.

On the other hand, ENVER GJOKAI. YOU ARE SO HANDSOME AND FANTASTIC. I love him and I love his retro hair part.

The kid who played Gina is the kid who gets imprinted with Caroline in "Epitaph" 1 & 2 in Dollhouse. If she and Enver ran into each other on set, that would be a weird reunion.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Possibly more Gjokai on television this fall?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/mich...nes-in-murder/
    ...and the milk's in me.

Vegas episode 14 was not great. The characters went off the deep end a little bit. Nice Guy Jack made some real questionable decisions-- hiding his involvement in a death is one thing, but trying to pin it on someone else was a dick move
    yeah this was bad

Mara since you gave up on Arrow you may not be checking that thread so I thought there is something you may need to see...

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...s-dinah-lance/

She just showed up at the end of this latest episode and it was a really good episode.

Barrowman and Kingston? They are trying to torture me, aren't they?

Maybe I'll catch up over the summer if the show continues to be good.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Possibly more Gjokai on television this fall?

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/mich...nes-in-murder/
    Gah! Part of me wants him to have spare time so he can come to Montenegro where I could meet him (a friend of mine knows his cousin).

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Dean Norris is gonna play Big Jim Rennie in Under the Dome.

Yes.

YES.

Quote Quoting Dead & Messed Up (view post)
    Dean Norris is gonna play Big Jim Rennie in Under the Dome.

Yes.

YES.
    That could be really good.

He's going to have a lot fun with that character. I hope they keep the over-the-top right-wing characteristic.

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    That could be really good.

He's going to have a lot fun with that character. I hope they keep the over-the-top right-wing characteristic.
    There are a lot of actors that could fill the role physically (John Goodman was one I mulled over, given Barton Fink), but Norris's ability to turn on a dime from jovial to intense and piercing on Breaking Bad fits very well with Rennie's Jekyll-and-Hydery.

There are a lot of actors that could fill the role physically (John Goodman was one I mulled over, given Barton Fink), but Norris's ability to turn on a dime from jovial to intense and piercing on Breaking Bad fits very well with Rennie's Jekyll-and-Hydery.
    I'm thinking Jake Busey for Jr.

Justified is reminding me a lot of Cowboy Bebop, and not just because they're both pseudo-westerns. They have a lot in common thematically and tonally.

I was thinking Nick Nolte.