Page 413 of 524 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Ben & Kate's production has been shut down for good now that Episode 15 is done filming. The network gave it a nineteen-episode season, but that's no longer the case.

There are simply not enough :sad:'s.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Glad to have Spartacus back in all it's glory. It's a come a long way since its awful 300 ripoff beginnings.

You guys still watching The West Wing? How's that going?
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    You guys still watching The West Wing? How's that going?
    I'm back in school, so my pace has slowed substantially. But I'm pretty deep into season two, and still enjoying it quite a bit. The last one I watched was about the filibuster, and perhaps just a hair past what I'm capable of tolerating sentimentalism-wise. I've actually put the next one off a few times because it's about Bartlett's MS, and I've been watching them before bed. But I did get two episodes into Slings & Arrows season 2 in the meantime which is looking pretty promising.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Enlightened. This is a pretty good show. Has anyone seen it?

I'll be really mad if they cancel Tron: Uprising. It's such an amazing show right now. It's darker and more beautiful than it has any right to be. I'd recommend it to animation fans even if you didn't like Legacy.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I'll be really mad if they cancel Tron: Uprising. It's such an amazing show right now. It's darker and more beautiful than it has any right to be. I'd recommend it to animation fans even if you didn't like Legacy.
    Agreed. I've only seen the first five or six episodes, but as a someone that really loves both movies, it acts as a great bridge both tonally and story-wise, with even Joe Trapanese's music blending the aesthetics of the Wendy Carlos and Daft Punk scores (the latter of which he helped arrange). Not to mention its animation style allows it to consistently deliver some pretty awesome action sequences and provide an even larger scale to its world.

It's a shame that the ratings are apparently pretty terrible though. I'd hate to see it go, especially before another movie comes along.

Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)

The voice cast, the main cast as well as the guest stars, are all amazing (for example, recent episodes had Aaron Paul as a major villain as well as Marcia Gay Harden... and who can say no to Pee-wee Herman voicing a murderous psychopath and Tricia Helfer as the voice of the Grid every week?). Brief cameos by Clu and Quorra were perfectly handled. It delves deeper into dark territory as it goes along, and some of the later episodes are both conceptually and visually stunning. I love how they took the advantage of going all out with the designs since they're not limited by physical effects. Some of the character stylizations are fantastic. Tomorrow night should be the season finale.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to catching up with it, and holding out hope that this finale isn't it for good.

Not sure how at my age, between Uprising, Gravity Falls, the bits of Phineas & Ferb I've seen (and of course, the upcoming Girl Meets World, right guys!?), I'm suddenly more invested in Disney Channel shows than ever before.

Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)

I'll probably be laughed out of this thread, but this weekend I watched some Selena Gomez movie I'd never heard of called Monte Carlo and I have to say that I really enjoyed the performances of Leighton Meestor and Katie Cassidy. I've only ever seen them briefly in the bits I've caught of their respectively awful TV shows, Gossip Girl and Arrow (though I liked Cassidy during her brief stint as Ruby/Lilith on Supernatural).

Anyway, I hope they get some decent careers and stay the hell off the CW. If Michelle Williams can do it, so can you ladies!

I watch Arrow.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I also watch Arrow.

Well....okay then. Good talk, everyone!

I tried to watch Arrow but I lost interest.

My entire experience with Leighton Meestor is from Veronica Mars and I thought she was pretty solid. I hope she goes on to good projects.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    Well....okay then. Good talk, everyone!

I don't have an opinion on Meester, as I don't think I have seen anything she was in, or at least she didn't register,
    Cassidy is nothing to write home about on Arrow, but I like her type for some reason - she's pretty.
    That's all I've got.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    I've started the second season of The Good Wife, because I don't want to finish Fringe yet. (Midway through the final season, amazing how far this show has come since its rocky beginnings.)

Anyway, does anyone else watch this? I had forgotten how good this show is. I usually hate procedurals, but the cases in this are quite interesting, and the series long narrative continues to impress me.
    Last movies seen
    Frank: Good
    Mistaken for Strangers: Good
    Guardians of the Galaxy: Good

Last TV seasons watched

Treme (S04): Good
    The Legend of Korra (S03): Good

Currently reading
    This Side of Paradise - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    Thanks for reminding me to catch up on this. I watched the first few episodes when it first started and found myself enjoying it much more than Legacy. I'm not really a fan of either movie, but I find the animation to be great, and allows for some really kinectic and breathtaking action sequences.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    :lol:

That's my favorite Key and Peele skit. That and the no-nonsense substitute teacher. And the teacher pronouncing student's names incorrectly.
    "Do you want to got to war, Bahlahkay?"

I was calling roll last week, still learning students' names, and a student corrected me on how her name was spelled on the roster. I started laughing, so I asked, "Does anyone watch Key and Peele?" Most of the hands in the class went up, and most knew immediately why I was laughing.

i watched gossip girl and leighton meestor was easily one of the best things about that show

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I tried to watch Arrow but I lost interest.

My entire experience with Leighton Meestor is from Veronica Mars and I thought she was pretty solid. I hope she goes on to good projects.
    Who was Carrie on VMars? Was that the dentist's daughter that Logan uses?

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Who was Carrie on VMars? Was that the dentist's daughter that Logan uses?
    She was the girl in S1 who claimed to have slept with Veronica's favorite teacher. Veronica tries to prove that she's lying, but her dad is hired to prove that it's true.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Is there seriously not a Shameless thread? I just met my future wife Emmy Rossum.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

I was curious to check out Party Animals on Netflix, since it seems to intersect two important things that interest me-- The West Wing and... um, Matt Smith. The first episode is pretty interesting, even if I find the minutiae of British politics to be a total mystery. (The ministers have tiny little offices, with staffs of... two? And all the parties share one building? It's total barbarism.) It also got surprisingly sudsy at the end. I'm glad, though, that they're not sticking with a party, but apparently having main characters on both sides of the political spectrum.

It's so strange to see Smith be so non-manic and non-bow-tie-wearing.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Matt Smith eh? That's intriguing.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I started watching Party Animals because I thought I should see Matt Smith try to play another character.

I knew that he uses his natural London accent as The Doctor. In Party Animals, he uses a northern accent (same one Eccleston used as 9th Doctor, which was his natural one). So that's... kind of interesting.

I'm gonna check out Christopher and His Kind next, where he uses a German accent.
    I posted that a few months back and didn't really get any response. I guess it's not a well-seen show.

Also Winston pointed out that I was wrong. Smith plays Isherwood, therefore no German accent.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary