Page 412 of 524 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422462512 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,300 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Don't Trust the B is dead. I'm legitimately sad about this.
    Yeah that sucks. I love that show. The out of order nonsense they've been doing this season can't have helped. Going from the tenth episode of season 2 to then airing an episode that was supposed to be episode three of season 1 makes it really hard to follow.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Don't Trust the B is dead. I'm legitimately sad about this.
    My night has been officially ruined. I think I looked forward to this show more than any other weekly comedy we have been watching. Truly depressing news.

here's hoping that the 8 remaining episodes will see the light of day soon

this is pathetic, compare the intended order to the actual television order

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...Intended_Order

Been watching the second season of Dollhouse while at the gym. This show has seven main cast members, three that are literally cyphers and two that may as well be. Kind of limits the potential for the development of any comedic rapport. Why did they make both Harry Lennix and the guy from Battlestar Galactica play such stiffs?

If more people want to get into Slings & Arrows, The AV Club is starting to review it as a TV Club Classic today.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/olivers-dream,91369/
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Winston* (view post)
    Been watching the second season of Dollhouse while at the gym. This show has seven main cast members, three that are literally cyphers and two that may as well be. Kind of limits the potential for the development of any comedic rapport. Why did they make both Harry Lennix and the guy from Battlestar Galactica play such stiffs?
    I disagree, for the most part. By season two, I think our three cyphers (I assume you mean Echo, Victor and Sierra) have all developed surprisingly durable personalities, and although I think Paul is boring I really love Boyd. Plus, Adelle and Topher and two of my favorite Whedon characters ever, and that's saying something.

I would agree that it is the least funny of all Whedon's shows, but I'm not sure it was trying to be.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    here's hoping that the 8 remaining episodes will see the light of day soon
    Apparently we'll just have to wait for the DVD.

Not sure about the situation with Hulu.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

ben and kate is gone now too

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    ben and kate is gone now too
    Wow. Bad week to be a good comedy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    Awww DAMMIT. I was just catching up on the last few Ben & Kate episodes too...

Network TV really is becoming an horrible place to house anything I care about. Why not just kill Parks & Rec, Happy Endings, Community and everything in late night while you're at it, guys!?

Oh no, wait. I don't actually mean that!
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I liked Ben & Kate but it doesn't bother me nearly as much as Don't Trust the B. BJ and Kate are the only two characters in the show I find interesting.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I disagree, for the most part. By season two, I think our three cyphers (I assume you mean Echo, Victor and Sierra) have all developed surprisingly durable personalities, and although I think Paul is boring I really love Boyd. Plus, Adelle and Topher and two of my favorite Whedon characters ever, and that's saying something.

I would agree that it is the least funny of all Whedon's shows, but I'm not sure it was trying to be.
    Agreed that Adelle and Topher are very compelling, as is Whiskey. It's been a long time since I saw season one, so maybe I'm just not seeing the development of the dolls as characters.

I think pretty much every show should try to be funny.

Happy Endings is actually very likely going to get cancelled. Its ratings are comparable to Don't Trust the B, it's already being aired out of order, and it's now getting an extra episode a week on Don't Trust the B's time slot so they can get all the episodes out of the way before sweeps.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I think pretty much every show should try to be funny.
    Well, there's that.

I think my favorite show with no sense of humor was BSG. And it could have used some humor, honestly.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Well, there's that.

I think my favorite show with no sense of humor was BSG. And it could have used some humor, honestly.
    Gaius was funny, at least early on.

I thought BSG was funny enough.

You know, for a show about the (literal) end of the world(s).

Yeah, the best dramas are usually really funny. Mad Men, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, and The Sopranos all have gutbusting moments.

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Happy Endings is actually very likely going to get cancelled. Its ratings are comparable to Don't Trust the B, it's already being aired out of order, and it's now getting an extra episode a week on Don't Trust the B's time slot so they can get all the episodes out of the way before sweeps.
    I'm still optimistic that Happy Endings is going to get a fourth season. AvClub's defense of why it'll get renewed gives me hope.

The show hasn't made me laugh out loud nearly as much this season as in the first two, but the Brad and Jane antics keep me happy and interested in seeing another season. Maybe they'll figure out where Dave and Alex can go. And it has one of the stronger sets of supporting characters in Derrick and Dana Hartz.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

OMG this made me laugh so hard.

http://vimeo.com/53749151

OMG this made me laugh so hard.

http://vimeo.com/53749151
    :lol:

That's my favorite Key and Peele skit. That and the no-nonsense substitute teacher. And the teacher pronouncing student's names incorrectly.

Is Parenthood really good? A lot of people I know really like it (Bill Simmons raves about it). Some are comparing it to Friday Night Lights.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    Is Parenthood really good? A lot of people I know really like it (Bill Simmons raves about it). Some are comparing it to Friday Night Lights.
    I saw the first two seasons and liked it a lot, but I got too swamped with school and stopped watching. Been meaning to catch up.

Quote Quoting Watashi (view post)
    I've seen about 2.5 seasons, and it's definitely a solid show. It might even be underrated. Also been meaning to catch up.

Parenthood has the same showrunner as FNL (Jason Katims), and they are definitely similar. The actors in Parenthood build really good chemistry with each other using the same semi-improvisational approach that FNL used. A couple FNL actors also have pretty significant guest roles on the show.

You might as well give it a shot for the Peter Krause factor alone.
    letterboxd.

A Star is Born (2018) **1/2
    Unforgiven (1992) ***1/2
    The Sisters Brothers (2018) **
    Crazy Rich Asians (2018) ***
    The Informant! (2009) ***1/2
    BlacKkKlansman (2018) ***1/2
    Sorry to Bother You (2018) **1/2
    Eighth Grade (2018) ***
    Mission Impossible: Fallout (2018) ***
    Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018) **1/2

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Like it seems everyone I watched the first two seasons and then it dropped out when I had other stuff to watch. However I haven't been meaning to get back to it because once I stopped watching I had no desire to go back. I like the actors but I think that was the only reason I was there in the first place.