Page 411 of 524 FirstFirst ... 311361401409410411412413421461511 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

I was already confused why season 2 has another Dancing with the Stars Dean Cain plot. Was it just Season 1 episodes they never bothered to air last year?
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

After a quick google, the answer is apparently yes. The first 6 episodes of S2 are unaired eps from S1, shown out of order, and ep 7 is the first one truly produced for S2. There will be 19 eps this season (6 leftovers + 13 new ones).
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I was already confused why season 2 has another Dancing with the Stars Dean Cain plot. Was it just Season 1 episodes they never bothered to air last year?
    Yes. Three or four episodes from last season were cut and pasted to this season, and they've also gotten a number of them shuffled.
    ...and the milk's in me.

After a quick google, the answer is apparently yes. The first 6 episodes of S2 are unaired eps from S1, shown out of order, and ep 7 is the first one truly produced for S2. There will be 19 eps this season (6 leftovers + 13 new ones).
    actually there are still 2 season 1 episodes that have yet to air, judging by the production codes

i was really confused when i saw june back at the coffee shop last night

and this i guess this sort of solves why they've started to air episodes on sundays. seems like they had plenty of spare episodes to burn

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    Yes. Three or four episodes from last season were cut and pasted to this season, and they've also gotten a number of them shuffled.
    They had 6. They produced 13 for S1 and only aired 7.
    Movie Theater Diary

They had 6. They produced 13 for S1 and only aired 7.
    Worse than I thought.

I'm gonna be sad when this show is inevitably cancelled. I will miss JVDB so much.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    yeah she was excellent this season too

really hope the show comes back, since it's entirely possible that it doesn't (ratings were terribly low)
    Yeah, it'd be a horrible shame, since it got exponentially better as it progressed. I hope they at least get a special or a movie to finish it. And people need to see it, dammit. There's inexcusably little attention here for it.

Cougar Town: I like Travis' new hair cut. I do not like Bobby's new hair cut.

Other than that, solid, and happy to see the crew again. The "this year on Cougar Town" segment was great. My favorite part of the whole episode, though, was Bobby and Andy reacting to Grayson's imaginary torch as if it was real.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Netflix's new original series Hemlock Grove looks like a hot mess, but some of the casting is catching my eye... both Chief and Dee from BSG, and (HEY AMBER) holy crap, Walter from La Femme Nikita.

[youtube]XjLVD1G6Gd8[/youtube]
    ...and the milk's in me.

And Famke Janssen and Alexander Skarsgard's brother? I'll watch it.

RE: Ben and Kate.

Holy cats, Jane Seymour is still stunning.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    I marathoned Ben and Kate over the break and I love it, it has this quirkiness that totally appeals to me.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I marathoned Ben and Kate over the break and I love it, it has this quirkiness that totally appeals to me.
    It's really very good. There's a genuine sweetness and sentimentality to that few aggressively quirky, eccentric attempt, but it works surprisingly well.

When I rewatched The Scarlet Pimpernel recently I thought Jane Seymour might be one of the prettiest actresses ever, and I can't believe how gorgeous she still is. (I never watched her silly television series... was it any good?)
    ...and the milk's in me.

No Parks tonight because of 1600 Penn? What a depressing state of affairs.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    Oh my goodness, the last two episodes of Person of Interest have been amazing. I am loving this show so much.

(HEY AMBER) holy crap, Walter from La Femme Nikita.
    And he doesn't look like he's aged a day.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    And he doesn't look like he's aged a day.
    What is astonishing is that he is still wearing a headband. It is possible that he doesn't have an actual hairline and it if you remove his kerchief his scalp will fall off.
    ...and the milk's in me.

What is astonishing is that he is still wearing a headband. It is possible that he doesn't have an actual hairline and it if you remove his kerchief his scalp will fall off.
    Well, that sent me straight down an internet rabbit hole.

It turns out that Don Francks has a real-life affection for headbands and wears them pretty much all the time. He's also a total hippie, experimenting with altered consciousness and social causes.

He also has a beautiful voice and is a jazz artist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pf3DU2FddU

He was also in Finian's Rainbow, a Fred Astaire musical, where he plays an Irish... something? And sings and dances? This is a real thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gT4dzP6Dus
    ...and the milk's in me.

this is one of the best seasons of 30 rock, yo

imma miss this show

Quote Quoting elixir (view post)
    this is one of the best seasons of 30 rock, yo

imma miss this show
    i agree, but i thought last night's episode marked the first really bad one this season.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    i agree, but i thought last night's episode marked the first really bad one this season.
    get out of town. anything steve buscemi does on 30 rock is incredible and the tina fey/megan mullally was gut busting

"and i always pictured myself getting double teamed by two the rocks"

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    Oh my goodness, the last two episodes of Person of Interest have been amazing. I am loving this show so much.
    Well at least that's two of us.

I've tried getting other people interested in this show and for whatever reason nobody will bite.

I will say I was a bit disappointed with the ending of the last episode.

[
    ]
    Giving up in 2020. Who cares.

maɬni – towards the ocean, towards the shore (Sky Hopinka) ***½
    Without Remorse (Stefano Sollima) *½
    The Marksman (Robert Lorenz) **
    Beckett (Ferdinando Cito Filomarino) *½
    Night Hunter (David Raymond) *

So, I was under the impression Slings & Arrows was a straight-up comedy. I wasn't expecting such pathos. The first season finale just knocked me on my ass. I could see this becoming an all time favorite.

Quote Quoting ledfloyd (view post)
    So, I was under the impression Slings & Arrows was a straight-up comedy. I wasn't expecting such pathos. The first season finale just knocked me on my ass. I could see this becoming an all time favorite.
    It's pretty much amazing. I recently rewatched it and enjoyed it even more the second time through because I had more of an idea of what it was trying to do. The show does an excellent job of getting a Shakespearean tone with the great tragic moments contrasting nicely with the silly, funny side characters.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Don't Trust the B is dead. I'm legitimately sad about this.

In slightly mollifying news, Happy Endings still exists and will be taking its slot.
    ...and the milk's in me.