Page 301 of 524 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

I use the subway.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    I'm currently almost finished with Season 3. Just worried that "Jose Chung From Outer Space" won't live up to the hype. Oh and despite their attempts earlier on, Scully still looked really hot.
    Ummm.. that's the best episode in the entire series. (arguably right next to the Peter Boyle and black & white episode that DD directed)
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

so i'm watching the hawaii 5-0 remake for some reason and just realized that supercop kevin hiatt from the shield is one of the leads. even then he seemed like he'd be much more at home on a network procedural

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    Ummm.. that's the best episode in the entire series. (arguably right next to the Peter Boyle and black & white episode that DD directed)
    Now you see my problem. Hypeage.

Tonight I started Veronica Mars, and I'm already hooked. Too bad I hear that the last season isn't the greatest. I'm more of a "Enjoy the Journey" kind of guy, and I figure that it can't be any worse than how the X-Files or Seinfeld ended.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting Acapelli (view post)
    so i'm watching the hawaii 5-0 remake for some reason and just realized that supercop kevin hiatt from the shield is one of the leads. even then he seemed like he'd be much more at home on a network procedural
    Alex O'Loughlin is also Australian...

I started watching Yo Gabba Gabba since it came on Netflix. Holy shit, why didn't anyone tell me how awesome this show is?
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    I started watching Yo Gabba Gabba since it came on Netflix. Holy shit, why didn't anyone tell me how awesome this show is?
    You don't have enough friends with kids?

There's a party in my tummy. So yummy. So yummy.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have zero friends with kids. But I live in Brooklyn. You'd think someone would have mentioned there's a children's show that regularly features retro/indie rock bands and segments by indie comic book artists and comedians.

The music on this show alone blows away any other children's programming.
    Movie Theater Diary

Oh, this show was created by the lead singer of the Aquabats and the characters designed and made by Kidrobot. This makes an enormous amount of sense now.
    Movie Theater Diary

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    I had a Yo Gabba Gabba avatar here for almost a year.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

I have zero friends with kids. But I live in Brooklyn. You'd think someone would have mentioned there's a children's show that regularly features retro/indie rock bands and segments by indie comic book artists and comedians.
    It's obviously catering to adult nostalgia, not just to children. In addition to the guests and bands, the character designs are a throw-back to the LSD-tripping kids' shows of the 70's (like H.R. Pufnstuf) and they regularly show clips made to look like old-school video arcade games, etc.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar
    also us avid Soup watchers talked about it for a while there. You just missed the window.

Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    also us avid Soup watchers talked about it for a while there. You just missed the window.
    Aw, man, Joel makes fun of the dancing children? That's so mean.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    Now you see my problem. Hypeage.

Tonight I started Veronica Mars, and I'm already hooked. Too bad I hear that the last season isn't the greatest. I'm more of a "Enjoy the Journey" kind of guy, and I figure that it can't be any worse than how the X-Files or Seinfeld ended.
    I can't vouch for Seinfeld or The X-Files, but Veronica's third season made me give up on the show. I did make sure I caught the finale. I was convinced I didn't miss much. Second year is my favorite.

Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    I can't vouch for Seinfeld or The X-Files, but Veronica's third season made me give up on the show. I did make sure I caught the finale. I was convinced I didn't miss much. Second year is my favorite.
    The third season wasn't worthless. As I recall, Logan had some great moments.

But it was certainly a steep decline in quality.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)

It wasn't as bad as the final season of Alias, I'll give you that.

Right now I'd say Wallace is my favorite character on the show. He's funny and likable. I'd put up with Veronica's crap if I were her friend, that's for sure.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

The episode plots kinda sucked and the lack of a big season-long mystery arc was uber lame, but I think the characterizations remained just as strong. Especially the Logan-Veronica dynamic.

[
    ]
    Movie Theater Diary

It's probably wrong of me, but the part where

[
    ]

..is actually not only great, but it may be one of my favorite moments in any series, ever. It is a character flaw that goes beyond flaw into sheer awesomeness.
    ...and the milk's in me.

It's probably wrong of me, but the part where

[
    ]

..is actually not only great, but it may be one of my favorite moments in any series, ever. It is a character flaw that goes beyond flaw into sheer awesomeness.
    The whole haircut rapist storyline was really all over the place, but that conclusion episode is undeniably awesome.

[
    ]
    Movie Theater Diary

number8, you've watched Veronica but not Buffy?

...I didn't realize those people existed.

He tried Buffy and hated it.

number8: an island unto himself.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Shocking Seductive Spiral Thirdmango's Avatar

I watched every episode of VM before even watching one episode of Buffy.

Well, it's not unusual for me to reverse the process of most fandom.

Remember, I watched Doctor Who before Torchwood but wasn't into it, then I started digging on Who after I became obsessed with Torchwood.
    Movie Theater Diary

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Thirdmango (view post)
    I watched every episode of VM before even watching one episode of Buffy.
    Same here.