Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting dreamdead (view post)
    Four episodes into the British series Catastrophe, airing in the States via an Amazon exclusive, and it's thoroughly captivating. Essentially a more sophisticated take on Knocked Up, it nonetheless has a much stronger balance on when to double down on the comedy or when to draw on the more humane elements of the character. This is the rare show so far that gives equal attention to the female in this sort of pairing, and the leads have great chemistry together.
    100 times this. Everyone needs to stop with whatever garbage show they're currently watching and put Catastrophe on immediately.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

Quote Quoting EyesWideOpen (view post)
    100 times this. Everyone needs to stop with whatever garbage show they're currently watching and put Catastrophe on immediately.
    Okay!

The first episode was disarmingly charming. It's very... not American? British? It's not quite what I expected.
    ...and the milk's in me.