Page 1 of 524 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

The TV Discussion Thread

Why? Because it's better like this.

Post any random thing you want (just make sure it's TV related).

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    Get with the times man. We're progressive.

I like TV. Always have. Always will. I like it better than books and music. That's kinda wrong, but that's how I roll
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Dexter has almost made me love TV again.

Quote Quoting jenniferofthejungle (view post)
    Dexter has almost made me love TV again.
    You're missing a lot of shows then.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Anyone succumbed to The Mighty Boosh?

*jazz trance*

Quote Quoting SpaceOddity (view post)
    Anyone succumbed to The Mighty Boosh?

*jazz trance*
    There's no excited smilie anymore, but if there was I'd post it now. And not because of The Mighty Boosh, but because you're posting here again! Please stick around. Your presence was missed.

Pushies Daises is the only television show right now that I'm actually anticipating every week.

Quote Quoting Marley (view post)
    Pushies Daises is the only television show right now that I'm actually anticipating every week.
    This should be in the Pushing Daisies thread. Or the Pushies Daisies thread. Not sure if that's a cute nickname you have for the show.

It's all in the caffeine EvilShoe's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    This should be in the Pushing Daisies thread. Or the Pushies Daisies thread. Not sure if that's a cute nickname you have for the show.
    Different show, K_Fan.

Deadwood's third season is great so far. George Hearst is one hell of a villain.
    (Hooray for Brian Cox as well!)

dissolved into molecules lovejuice's Avatar
    seem like a good time to ask, what do people think of nickelodeon's avatar? i never watched it, but now i am assaulted by the commercial and stuffs, and start to get hypotised it might actually be good.

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    seem like a good time to ask, what do people think of nickelodeon's avatar? i never watched it, but now i am assaulted by the commercial and stuffs, and start to get hypotised it might actually be good.
    I've only seen blips here and there when Spongebob was over and the channel wasn't changed, but it doesn't look like anything interesting. It looks boring, with juvenile humor. Kinda reminds me of Dragonball Z.

Quote Quoting EvilShoe (view post)
    Different show, K_Fan.
    Interesting. I'll have to give it a look. In the meantime, I'm off to watch another episode of Dexties.

There's no excited smilie anymore, but if there was I'd post it now. And not because of The Mighty Boosh, but because you're posting here again! Please stick around. Your presence was missed.
    Awwwwwwwww. Thank you, KF.
    How are your beautiful family these days?

Quote Quoting SpaceOddity (view post)
    Awwwwwwwww. Thank you, KF.
    How are your beautiful family these days?
    We're doing really well, thanks. How have you been?

We're doing really well, thanks. How have you been?
    I've been fine, thanks.

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    You're missing a lot of shows then.
    I've been burned too many times. The shows I get hooked on end up canceled with or without tidy endings.

I do regret letting Deadwood slip by, but other than that I can't think of any other great shows I've missed out on.

Quote Quoting lovejuice (view post)
    seem like a good time to ask, what do people think of nickelodeon's avatar? i never watched it, but now i am assaulted by the commercial and stuffs, and start to get hypnotised it might actually be good.
    That show ruined my Saturday Morning Nickelodeon lineup. The heavy push for that show was a real turn-off. It just didn't fit in with the other shows and I barely made it through two episodes before giving up.

I want the Fairly Oddparents to be released on DVD already. They've only released a few special episodes which were dreadful.

When it comes to cartoons these days I only watch Adult Swim, Courage the Cowardly Dog, and Spongebob. I have actually stopped viewing Simpsons reruns, and any new episodes of FOX's Sunday night lineup I miss anyways due to work-and I don't own a VCR. I think they're online but I really have no desire to watch them. I'd say at this point the only shows I look forward to and have the chance to watch in prime time are Pushing Daises and Reaper.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Quote Quoting jenniferofthejungle (view post)
    I want the Fairly Oddparents to be released on DVD already. They've only released a few special episodes which were dreadful.
    I love Fairly Oddparents. It's one of the few shows my kids like that I could actually watch without them.

In the belly of a whale Henry Gale's Avatar
    So... the Writers strike looks like it's officially on, which among many things means no late night, or any other type of daily shows. But also it may means stuff like LOST, Battlestar Galactica and 24 that already have episodes in the bag have a good chance of not starting when they were expected to. But if they do start at the expected dates, depending on how long the strike runs, I think that only the ones with shorter seasons like LOST and BSG may be able to actually have normal runs.

LOST has already filmed their first 7 or 8 of the 16-episode season, they have probably written only a few more after that, so filming on those should continue. But I don't know how much input, if any, Lindelof & Cuse are allowed to give, especially with Carlton being one of the main people who decided if the WGA went on strike or not. They also originally said they had hoped to be filming the finale by March, when in previous years they were sometimes shooting them up to the last minute as late as mid-May. So we'll see.
    Last 11 things I really enjoyed:

Speed Racer (Wachowski/Wachowski, 2008)
    Safe (Haynes, 1995)
    South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Parker, 1999)
    Beastie Boys Story (Jonze, 2020)
    Bad Trip (Sakurai, 2020)
    What's Up Doc? (Bogdanovich, 1972)
    Diva (Beineix, 1981)
    Delicatessen (Caro/Jeunet, 1991)
    The Hunger (Scott, 1983)
    Pineapple Express (Green, 2008)
    Chungking Express (Wong, 1994)

I've got Cracker series one waiting for me at the library. I caught a few episodes on PBS and I loved what I saw, but that was a long time ago. I hope my memory isn't making me think it's better than it actually is.

The discussion about the Boondocks made me curious about this show. So I decided to watch a couple episodes last night. I can't believe I've never watched this. It's fantastic and hilarious! I'm definitely going to check out the rest.

I've only seen the Martin Luther King episode, which everyone said was brilliant, and I found it humorous, but nothing special. Is that one of the best episodes? If so, it's just not my thing.

Quote Quoting Saya (view post)
    The discussion about the Boondocks made me curious about this show. So I decided to watch a couple episodes last night. I can't believe I've never watched this. It's fantastic and hilarious! I'm definitely going to check out the rest.
    Great to hear

KF The Return of the King is indeed the best episode of the series so far. I think its great TV, and I'm sure number8 agrees.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Page 1 of 524 1231151101501 ... LastLast