Page 449 of 524 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,225 of 13095

Thread: The TV Discussion Thread

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    I really, really like that show New Girl. So nice to see a show that features character who are nice to each other, and who have good hearts. Totally refreshing. It's a joy to watch, well written, very funny, and often genuinely touching. Finished S1 last night, and liked every episode.
    Me too. I think this year has been even better.

Oh man...the console wars episodes of South Park have been amazing.

Quote Quoting amberlita (view post)
    I think I'm going to hate-watch The Sound Of Music Live thing on NBC tonight.

Not because I hate The Sound of Music. I love that movie. But Carrie Underwood and Bill Compton? Mmmmmmeh.
    This exceeded even the most generous ratings predictions. Brace yourself for an onslaught of live TV musicals.

Wait a minute...I'm paying for Hulu Plus and there are still ads? Or is this because of my 1 week free trial?

- - - - -
    Quote Quoting Lucky (view post)
    Wait a minute...I'm paying for Hulu Plus and there are still ads? Or is this because of my 1 week free trial?
    IIRC, most of the movies don't have ads but the TV shows always do.

Hulu Plus is not a great value proposition unless you want to stream Criterion releases.

This exceeded even the most generous ratings predictions. Brace yourself for an onslaught of live TV musicals.
    That's fine, so long as they star someone other than Carrie Underwood. I'm not that familiar with her music but I didn't think she had the singing chops to pull off a couple of the songs in this, especially not under the shadow of Julie Andrews. She proved me wrong in spades. Gorgeous voice. However, nearly all of this was negated by the fact that she is just a wretched, wretched actress.

I honestly only made it through about 20 minutes though. Fell asleep.

The Sound of Music was pretty terrible, but I welcome more live theatrical performances on TV.

Am I to understand that this live performance was not in front of an audience? That's a weird choice.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I've been rewatching Sherlock in anticipation of Season 3, and I kind of forgot how great it is.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Ain't that just the way EyesWideOpen's Avatar
    Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    I've been rewatching Sherlock in anticipation of Season 3, and I kind of forgot how great it is.
    Thanks for reminding me. I never even watched season 2 so I'm gonna rewatch season 1 right now.
    TV Recently Finished:
    Catastrophe: Season 1 (2015) A
    Rectify: Season 3 (2015) A-
    Bojack Horseman: Season 2 (2015) A
    True Detective: Season 2 (2015) A-
    Wayward Pines: Season 1 (2015) B

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

really wish i agreed. these last few eps have been pretty bad

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I've been watching Star Trek: TNG and just moved into S3. The first two episodes in S3 were two of the absolute best so far.
    Is this your first time watching it? There's some great stuff coming up. Season 3 is when some of the best writers of the show came on board, including Ron Moore, who would later go on to develop the new BSG.

Anyone here a fan of Charlie Brooker? I binge watched his Black Mirror series this week and the Twilight Zone comparisons are apt. Far less comedic and more unsettling than I was expected. Satire as its lowest chasm.

FURGUSON! That cat is amazing.
    I even enjoy the silly Ford-sponsored Furguson's Escape from the Loft

Quote Quoting Glass Co. (view post)
    Anyone here a fan of Charlie Brooker? I binge watched his Black Mirror series this week and the Twilight Zone comparisons are apt. Far less comedic and more unsettling than I was expected. Satire as its lowest chasm.
    I didn't know the guy from Moses, but his Black Mirror is pretty awesome, at least the first season.

That episode with the future as some kind of feel-good prison with games and a credit system is amazing. Quality sci-fi, I call that.

My next watching-with-the-roommate television session has begun. (Because I don't watch Supernatural after season 5, thanks ever so.)

So now, Battlestar Galactica! We made it through the miniseries and I was surprised by how much crazy affection I had spilling out for every character. My roommate seemed to like it pretty well, although some of the real heart-breaking stuff upset her.

During Roslin's fantastic "We need to start having babies" speech my roommate said, "I like her" and I said "She's the president of my heart" and everything was good.
    ...and the milk's in me.

- - - - -
    Did anyone see Frank Darabont's new thing, Mob City?

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    So now, Battlestar Galactica! We made it through the miniseries and I was surprised by how much crazy affection I had spilling out for every character. My roommate seemed to like it pretty well, although some of the real heart-breaking stuff upset her.

During Roslin's fantastic "We need to start having babies" speech my roommate said, "I like her" and I said "She's the president of my heart" and everything was good.
    We're currently rewatching the whole thing again with friends. Currently seen through "Water" in S1.
    One of these friends hasn't seen any BSG at all, so it's not a total geek fest every monday night.

Quote Quoting Irish (view post)
    Did anyone see Frank Darabont's new thing, Mob City?
    Nope. I haven't heard any raves about it anywhere and didn't bother seeking it out.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Anyone remember how much I loved The Bletchley Circle last year? It's on Netflix now.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Black Mirror is bananas.

I decided to drop shows I like but I'm not super excited for (shows that pile up in my Hulu queue) since I have a bunch of old shows I want to watch. First two on the chopping list were Revenge and Sleepy Hollow.
    TV Recently Finished:

Currently Playing: Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (replay) (XB1) / Contradiction (PC)
    Recently Finished: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (PS4) A+ / Life is Strange: Ep 4 (PS4) A / Bastion (replay) (PS4) B+

fans of charlie brooker and the naked gun should really watch "a touch of cloth"

- - - - -

Is this the first time Stallone and DeNiro have appeared together?

On SNL? Or in general?

They were both in Cop Land and they have a new movie coming out Grudge Match.
    TV Recently Finished: