Page 52 of 407 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 10162

Thread: The News Thread

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    I hope now. That'd mean he had killed him or there was an accident, so he tried to cover his tracks.
    Maybe he fell out of the plane and into a well.
    Now reading: The Master Switch by Tim Wu

Director
    Quote Quoting Benny Profane (view post)
    Maybe he fell out of the plane and into a well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4zO7-rt71k

Too much responsibility Kurosawa Fan's Avatar
    The kid is alive. Turns out he didn't get in the balloon after all. Good news.

It wasn't immediately clear how much the search operation cost. Capt. Troy Brown said the Black Hawk helicopter was in the air for nearly three hours, and the Kiowa helicopter was airborne for about one hour. The Black Hawk costs about $4,600 an hour to fly, and the Kiowa is $700 an hour, Brown said.
    Better call up Wife Swap for another episode. Or three.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Every hour, this balloon story gets a little more retarded.

We did this for a show *fart*

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting Antoine (view post)

I'd say this renders a lot of the cable news shows idiotic and illegitimate, but you know...already there.

Okay, this is pretty funny. During the live reporting, 4chan ordered Papa John's to be delivered to the Heene's address.

I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting Antoine (view post)

The shamefart! :lol:

This will not end well.

Director
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Okay, this is pretty funny. During the live reporting, 4chan ordered Papa John's to be delivered to the Heene's address.
    It's 99% retardation but occasionally 4chan comes up with something awesome.

Apparently, it's illegal to be naked in your own house in Virginia. A man woke up at 5:30AM and was making coffee in his birthday suit when a woman "spotted him" through a window and called the police on him.

Links to a video.
    http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...26726&src=news
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    Apparently, it's illegal to be naked in your own house in Virginia. A man woke up at 5:30AM and was making coffee in his birthday suit when a woman "spotted him" through a window and called the police on him.
    I'm disturbed by how many times the lady says "birthday suit." It's kind of cute but weirdly informal. Apparently, we're not only not allowed to BE naked, we're not allowed to SAY naked.

NAKED NAKED NAKED.

Nude.

In the buff.

Commando.
    ...and the milk's in me.

I have an awesome outfit that I wear every year on my birthday, just so for the rest of the year, I can tell people they need to see my birthday suit.
    Movie Theater Diary

"I was wearing my birthday suit to this dinner invitational once and I showed it off to the host's little girl. She was very impressed, but I don't think her parents looked enthused."
    Movie Theater Diary

Either way, this guy has more than enough reason to sue the state and that woman for invading his privacy. I know if it had been me, I'd be visiting a number of lawyers. You can bet many of them would be interested in taking the case.

Either way, this guy has more than enough reason to sue the state and that woman for invading his privacy. I know if it had been me, I'd be visiting a number of lawyers. You can bet many of them would be interested in taking the case.
    I'm not so sure. If he was so worried about his privacy, shouldn't he have been a bit more private and drawn his shades? I mean, if a man was standing naked at his window for hours on end while people walked by, would that still be invading his privacy? If you install windows in your home, you're opening your home to others. I feel like you have to be aware of that, and take precautions. If I were planning on walking around my house naked, you'd bet my shades would be drawn. And my kids would be at school. Figured I'd make that clear before that joke takes off.

Quote Quoting Mara (view post)
    NAKED NAKED NAKED.

Nude.

In the buff.

Commando.
    Unclothed.
    Without apparel.
    Au naturel.
    Bare.

A woman and her 7-year-old boy are walking around at 5:30 AM in the morning?
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I'm not so sure. If he was so worried about his privacy, shouldn't he have been a bit more private and drawn his shades? I mean, if a man was standing naked at his window for hours on end while people walked by, would that still be invading his privacy? If you install windows in your home, you're opening your home to others. I feel like you have to be aware of that, and take precautions. If I were planning on walking around my house naked, you'd bet my shades would be drawn. And my kids would be at school. Figured I'd make that clear before that joke takes off.
    So, it's his fault a woman on the street peeped into his house?

You don't make coffee by "standing on your window naked for hours and hours".

I often walk naked around my place during the summer months. Of course, absolutely no one can see me, but in Virginia, I'd be a criminal. Insane.

So, it's his fault a woman on the street peeped into his house?
    If his window is right by the street or sidewalk, then yes, he's as much at fault as she. I'm not saying the guy should be arrested. I'm guessing the law is archaic and that nothing much will come of this. I just think it's hard to argue "invasion of privacy" if your windows are in plain view of the street/sidewalk and you can't be bothered to close the shades.

Quote Quoting [ETM] (view post)
    You don't make coffee by "standing on your window naked for hours and hours".

I often walk naked around my place during the summer months. Of course, absolutely no one can see me, but in Virginia, I'd be a criminal. Insane.
    I was arguing another extreme, but if you seem to feel that one is a crime but not the other, where is the line drawn? The guy who's standing at his window for hours is still in his own home, no? If guy making coffee can claim invasion of privacy, why can't guy standing at the window? I mean, if the sole argument here is that she shouldn't have looked in his window, then both should be protected under invasion of privacy, no?

I don't know the exact circumstances here, all I'm arguing is that you can't just claim invasion of privacy for anything that someone sees taking place in your home. If a woman is being beaten by her husband in their home, and you see what's happening through their window and decide to call the police, should the husband be able to sue you for invasion of privacy?

Again, I'm not arguing that "being naked in your home" should be a crime, just that I'm not sure how much ground this guy will have to stand on by suing for invasion of privacy. He kind of withdrew his right to privacy by standing near a window without closing the shades.

Quote Quoting Kurosawa Fan (view post)
    I've read that it was 5 A.M. he didn't expect someone would be around.

The invasion or privacy claim is silly, but so is calling the police on him in the first place. That woman and that county's cops are fucking assholes.
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    The invasion or privacy claim is silly, but so is calling the police on him in the first place. That woman and that county's cops are fucking assholes.
    This is my point, broken down into two semi-crude sentences.

I don't know if this is exactly news, but had you guys heard about this?

http://thisman.org/history.htm

Heh, read the comments section for a couple of laughs. But the idea and the drawing are pretty creepy.

I put "this man" in Wikipedia and it sent me to the page for Inception, the new Nolan movie.

Elaborate viral marketing?

Quote Quoting Grouchy (view post)
    I put "this man" in Wikipedia and it sent me to the page for Inception, the new Nolan movie.

Elaborate viral marketing?
    []
    Movie Theater Diary