Page 49 of 407 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 10162

Thread: The News Thread

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Have you seen this superclassy O.C. Register sports colum about how this girl who was imprisoned and raped for the last 18 years missed out an all this interesting sports trivia, with a token mention of how she might be weirded out that there's one them Negroes in the White House?

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Have you seen this superclassy O.C. Register sports colum about how this girl who was imprisoned and raped for the last 18 years missed out an all this interesting sports trivia, with a token mention of how she might be weirded out that there's one them Negroes in the White House?
    His apology is even worse. Made me wanna punch him in the mouth.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

Check it:

http://content.usatoday.net/dist/cus...31579029.story

Cut from the site:

NEWPORT, Del. (AP) — Delaware State Police said a woman punched a gas station clerk in the face and held scissors to his throat in a dispute over how much money she had given him. The clerk at the Country Farms on West Newport Pike told police that a 53-year-old woman asked for $20 of gas, but only gave him a $1 bill. The clerk said the woman, certain that she had given him a $20 bill, screamed at him when he refused to give her $20.

Then police said the woman stormed behind the counter, punched the clerk in the face and held scissors to his throat. At that point, he gave the woman two $10 bills.

As the woman drove away, police said she found the $20 bill in her purse and returned to the gas station. Police said she was arrested and charged with offensive touching and aggravated menacing.

She'd damn well better thank her lucky stars they didn't also stick her with disruptive canoodling and sanctimonious kerfuffling.
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

That was a clear cut case of off-road rage.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    That was a clear cut case of off-road rage.
    Oh hell no. Anyone can see it was clearly sanctimonious kerfuffling. She dodged a bullet there.
    Losing is like fertilizer: it stinks for a while, then you get used to it. (Tony, Hibbing)

"All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

Wait. If he's a teenager now, and she gave him up for adoption ten years ago, that means that he knew her when he was a small child. Oh, man. My heart aches for that kid.
    Contagion (Soderbergh, 2011) - 6.5
    The Descendants (Payne, 2011) - 7.5
    Midnight in Paris (Allen, 2011) - 5
    Margin Call (Chandor, 2011) - 6.5
    The Ides of March (Clooney, 2011) - 5

Quote Quoting chrisnu (view post)
    Wait. If he's a teenager now, and she gave him up for adoption ten years ago, that means that he knew her when he was a small child. Oh, man. My heart aches for that kid.
    I was trying to do the math on this. If she'd given him up at three or four, he may not remember her. Doesn't really matter either way, the kid's going to be jacked up for life.
    ...and the milk's in me.

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    The Onion really missed the boat on this one.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    And that boy grew up to be Rob Zombie.

And now you know...the rest of the story.

Seduced... then raped. Does not totally compute as it seemed to be consensual (while still illegal for ma) at the time until she dropped the bomb.

"I'm your mother."

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Quote Quoting Ezee E (view post)
    Seduced... then raped. Does not totally compute as it seemed to be consensual (while still illegal for ma) at the time until she dropped the bomb.

"I'm your mother."

When one person is 18 and another is under, that's statutory rape, according to the law, no matter whether the sex was consensual or it was not.

Quote Quoting bac0n (view post)
    When one person is 18 and another is under, that's statutory rape, according to the law, no matter whether the sex was consensual or it was not.
    Yeah, I said it was illegal, but it wasn't something that would destroy the mind of the boy.

Until she dropped the bomb.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Scientists find what they're calling a "super-Earth", the first rocky, solid-surfaced planet they're found outside our solar system.

Problem is, it's very close to its sun, putting its surface temperature at 3,600 F (or about 2,000 C).

While I doubt there is life there, I do find it a little presumptuous of the article to say that it's "...too hot to sustain life". As I've said before in other discussions similar to this, it's very arrogant of us to assume that any other life in the universe would require the same conditions as us to thrive.

But no matter, it's a very cool discovery.
    "All right, that's too hot. Anything we can do about that heat?"

"Rick...it's a flamethrower."

New Canaan, where to the shepherd come the sheep.
    Quote Quoting megladon8 (view post)
    Scientists find what they're calling a "super-Earth", the first rocky, solid-surfaced planet they're found outside our solar system.

Problem is, it's very close to its sun, putting its surface temperature at 3,600 F (or about 2,000 C).

While I doubt there is life there, I do find it a little presumptuous of the article to say that it's "...too hot to sustain life". As I've said before in other discussions similar to this, it's very arrogant of us to assume that any other life in the universe would require the same conditions as us to thrive.

But no matter, it's a very cool discovery.
    I read about this today - its revolutions are 20 hours. By comparison the shortest for our system is Mercury's 88 days. Thing's a frakking speed demon.

A bunch of kids in Panama saw a shaved sloth come out of a cave, thought it was an alien and beat it to death with sticks:

Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    A bunch of kids in Panama saw a shaved sloth come out of a cave, thought it was an alien and beat it to death with sticks:

I noted that you withheld your subjective response.

I myself find that pretty appalling in a Rob Zombie kind of way.

But just a little bit funny.
    "How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

--Homer

It's terrible, but I imagined Eric Cartman doing it, so I laughed.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I heard about that on Coast to Coast. They still think it's an alien.
    Sure why not?

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (Rian Johnson) - 9
    STRONGER (David Gordon Green) - 6
    THE DISASTER ARTIST (James Franco) - 7
    THE FLORIDA PROJECT (Sean Baker) - 9
    LADY BIRD (Greta Gerwig) - 8

"Hitchcock is really bad at suspense."
    - Stay Puft

"Shaved"? As in someone shaved the poor thing? Nope, looks too clean. Must be a mutation, it's like it was born without hair.

Net No-trality?

Genachowski talks a good game on Internet freedom and innovation, but then positions the FCC as a sort of Internet enforcer. "In the words of Tim Berners-Lee," he said, "the Internet is a 'blank canvas'—allowing anyone to contribute and to innovate without permission."
    My YouTube Channel: Grim Street Grindhouse
    My Top 100 Horror Movies OF ALL TIME.

I'm going to propagate the rumor that Glenn Beck did it, but in a way Fox News would find acceptable:

"Did GLENN BECK MURDER CENSUS WORKER? People are asking, though he most likely didn't."
    Movie Theater Diary