Page 345 of 407 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,625 of 10162

Thread: The News Thread

I rent, but that doesn't mean part of my rent isn't being used by my landlord for property taxes. So I pay in indirectly. If property taxes went up significantly, I'm sure that would be passed on to me in my contract renewal. I'm sure it feels different to the person who actually receives the bill, but the income that pays it is generated by my tenancy and most certainly does pass through me in some way. If it's being suggested that I shouldn't get a voice in how local governments manage spend funds derived from property taxes because I'm a freeloader, I'd have to disagree with that strongly.

Quote Quoting MadMan (view post)
    If you have shitty high school grades you would be lucky to even get into community college.
    Not actually true. At least not everywhere. Salt Lake Community College has open enrollment.

Where Sarah teaches, you only need a 1.8 GPA to get in. That leads to some unfortunate students, though I should add that there are great students there as well.
    The Boat People - 9
    The Power of the Dog - 7.5
    The King of Pigs - 7

Quote Quoting Sycophant (view post)
    Not actually true. At least not everywhere. Salt Lake Community College has open enrollment.
    Huh. Cool.
    BLOG

And everybody wants to be special here
    They call your name out loud and clear
    Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular
    Am I the only one here today?

My art school only required a diploma or GED. Didn't care about grades.
    Quote Quoting Donald Glover
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

I rent an apartment. So no.
    Property taxes may be included in your rent. Ask your landlord.

I rent, and I'm getting $700 back from the gubmint for my property tax refund.

Well I didn't know that. However my name is not on the lease. My roommate's is.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Even if you don't directly, a lot of landlords (especially in high-demand places like NYC) pass on the building's property tax to renters by accounting for it in the rent they charge. That's one reason for rent increases.
    I was actually just reading about Matt Damon and he’s like, ‘There’s a culture of outrage.’ I’m like, ‘Well, they have a reason to be outraged.’ I think it’s a lot of dudes just being scared. They’re like, ‘What if I did something and I didn’t realize it?’ I’m like, ‘Deal with it.’
    Movie Theater Diary

However my name is not on the lease. My roommate's is.
    I've been in this kind of situation before and do not recommend it.

Well he's had the apartment for a couple years now. I moved in a year ago. We are good friends also.
    BLOG

Here comes a regular
    Call out your name
    Here comes a regular

Well he's had the apartment for a couple years now. I moved in a year ago. We are good friends also.
    Quote Quoting Spun Lepton (view post)
    I've been in this kind of situation before and do not recommend it.

Y'all following this shit in Ferguson? Crazy. They're shooting rubber bullets into crowds right now.

Replacing Luck Since 1984 Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Quote Quoting number8 (view post)
    Y'all following this shit in Ferguson? Crazy. They're shooting rubber bullets into crowds right now.
    Are they still rioting? I read about it this morning but figured it was a moment outcry.
    Twitch / Youtube / Film Diary

Quote Quoting D_Davis (view post)
    Uwe Boll movies > all Marvel U movies
    Quote Quoting TGM (view post)
    I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

It's still going on as we speak. They arrested 50 people. There are journalists who got shot.

Thankfully, I was in St. Louis last week.

They closed down the stores in case of potential looting since there were gatherings there.

Barbarian - ***
    Bones and All - ***
    Tar - **

twitter

Mad at the police? Riot in public streets causing violence and damage to your own neighborhood, and loot stores owned by innocent members of your community.

- - - - -
    Dude.

Mad at the police? Riot in public streets causing violence and damage to your own neighborhood, and loot stores owned by innocent members of your community.
    Have you actually been following this or are you just buying the whole unruly protesters narrative at face value?
    Movie Theater Diary

Have you actually been following this or are you just buying the whole unruly protesters narrative at face value?
    You already know the answer to this question.

I work in grocery. I have not gotten sick. My fellow employees have not gotten sick. If the virus were even remotely as contagious as its being presented as, why haven’t entire store staffs who come into contact with hundreds of people per day, thousands per week, all falling ill in mass nationwide?

Interactive map of looting and shootings.

http://www.kmov.com/home/Interactive...270801281.html

Quote Quoting Dukefrukem (view post)
    You already know the answer to this question.
    I actually don't?
    Movie Theater Diary

The fact that news outlets care more about reporting the looting than the murder is so gross.
    Movie Theater Diary

...and the milk's in me.

It should be noted that they rolled out the military vehicles and arms (why the fuck do they even have these?) before the looting started. Arguably caused the riot, really.
    Movie Theater Diary

It should be noted that they rolled out the military vehicles and arms (why the fuck do they even have these?) before the looting started. Arguably caused the riot, really.
    #3, here: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-reason...supervillains/
    ...and the milk's in me.